Thread: How Do They See Me ???

Banned Read only

How Do They See Me ???

Your opinion. I have a pretty good masculine build from years in the gym, definitely toned and no belly. When I wear fairly tight boot cut girl jeans with a girls tee both items fit close to my body. The jeans fit my thighs fairly tight, they have embellished pockets and curve around my butt nicely as would on a woman and the boot cut lays nicely over my shoes, either low heel booties or tennis shoes. Just the opposite from baggy, course men's jeans. The tee definitely defines my upper body. How do you think "most" people see me??? Is it ....The clothes fit nicely, not lose or baggy, I am attracted to his appearance or Nicely built man wearing girl clothes? Just wondering, we have talked about acceptance changing and this is kinda setting on the gender fence as far as appearance, physical build and clothing. "They" being mostly women but some men do also notice ???

Platinum Member
    That's impossible to say.

Hard to say without seeing photos. How someone sees you, even without talking to you, is about more than just clothing.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 04-03-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Silver Member
    Men don't notice. The line from "The Shawshank Redemption" that says "How often do you look at a man's shoes?" really applies. Men don't even look, unless it's something that really jumps out. Women's jeans are similar enough to men's that nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Women notice. But the women I encounter either say nothing or give me compliments about my shoes or my skirt or whatever. They are supportive.

Mainly, you should not worry. Take care in assembling an outfit that is presentable and appropriate for the situation you plan to go to. Dont overdress or underdress. You will find that people may look at you for an extra half second, but nothing more. The age of angry mobs carrying torches and pitchforks is over. The fears are all in your mind, and only your own experience will settle them. Once you have been out a few times, you will be more comfortable.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    It's impossible to give a straight answer , people will see you differently, to some it will be OK and others weird, you are either OK about gender benders or not.

It's a look I've never gone for, I know my circumstances allow me to go out dressed as a woman and hopefully to a point look like one so that means a nice skirt or dress and the right accessories to go with it, putting all that together is enjoyable and satisfying , it's either male of female and nothing in between .

If they notice a guy wearing female clothing, they will most likely think you're probably gay. Not fair, I know, but that's the way most people see us.

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    Men don't notice. The line from "The Shawshank Redemption" that says "How often do you look at a man's shoes?" really applies. Men don't even look, unless it's something that really jumps out.
    Anything significant from the woman's department on a guy will usually get noticed. NO, usually no man looks at another's shoes. But put on a pair of stilettos and I guarantee every guy will notice what's on your feet! We see stuff in our peripheral vision but it's usually ignored because it poses no threat. But put a midget clown or a lion 80 degrees from center and I'll bet you WILL notice it. Our brains work that way.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-03-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Guy-mode in that kind of outfit? Still too many variables to say for sure.

My typical guy-mode "uniform" is leggings/yoga pants/workout tights with a women's hoodie & running shoes. Though usually nothing *too* girly in terms of colors or prints.

Reactions from others run the gamut. Some notice, some don't. Usually it's the women who notice more often than men.

I've had women literally *stare* (even though I make sure my front is covered) -- and I've also caught from the corner of my eye women discreetly sneaking multiple peeks. Busted, ha!

What is going thru their heads? Who knows. One possible example: "Umm, is he wearing women's leggings? Don't see that every day! Those are pretty cute... I wonder where he got them. Gotta admit, he does have pretty nice legs. Ugh, not fair. I really need to start going to the gym again. Wish I had more time. I also need to start eating better. I should hit the grocery store on my way home so I can start my diet..."

Meanwhile, many men either don't notice -- or when they do, perhaps pretend they didn't & make it a point to *not* look at me.

Of course, some stare, too, LOL.

What is going thru *their* heads? Perhaps "Those yoga pants look pretty comfortable. Wish I had the balls." Or, "Dude is totally gay. Nobody wants to see that crap!" Or, "Nice ass & legs. I'd hit it. Wait, what??"

LOL

Hi deebra,

I think I can answer this without a picture, I'm pretty vain and can just look in the mirror.
    I've purposely lost a lot of muscle tone in the past year or two to look more femme but would definitely be seen in a similar way to how you are seen.
    OK, with my nails glossed and a bit of lippy though!

So you are physically in good shape,
    You are dressed well,
    And you are attractive to look at.
    That to me is how you will be seen by all people, some will judge you, some will be jealous, some will be curious and some will try to pick you up.

The unknown here is not knowing which type of person will try to come on to you male, female or LGBTIQ.
    That's where it becomes interesting or for me the fun part of being stuck on that gender fence (I am vain).

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be wearing a floral skirt ( the word DIVORCE has me caught on the fence ).

I'm just happy that you are happy with your look. Keep it up!

Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    How would any of us know?
    If you would post a pic of you in that outfit I'm sure many here would be glad to tell you what they see.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I haven't a clue what other people see, Deebra. But, I just came back from the DLV in Vegas. Where I saw so many pretty T girls. From the waist up many of them could have been attractive females.

But, from the back, side, or at a distance, their flat behinds and hipless figures said, "Men in dresses", to me so many disappointing times!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    That's your preconceived idea of an ideal woman, there are as many women with slim hips and trim rear ends. I was given some lovely clothes by a good friend , we have almost identical figures the clothes fit perfectly.
    I put this point to a GG about hip and butt padding and she laughed and said what makes you think women want to carry that extra baggage around with us, we envy women with trim figures .

Silver Member
    Men probably don't notice, but women probably do. If they think you are wearing women's clothes, they will probably think you are gay and/or "effeminate." Not fair, like others said, but that is probably how you will be viewed, if people pick up on it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Teresa the slim women I know all wish they had curves.
    One told me she was embarrassed that she had a boy butt (flat)and used padding all the time.
    I agree with Sherry curves make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ...I put this point to a GG about hip and butt padding and she laughed and said what makes you think women want to carry that extra baggage around with us, we envy women with trim figures .
    I was complaining to my "big sister" GG friend, and said there are snaked that have nicer hips than I do, she replied You're not going to make friends complaining about not having a big butt, trust me.

I will agree, that women will notice moreso than men. Men will hit this 'ok, whatever' point and not pay attention anymore. Women will usually appreciate that you that you understand the idea of being pretty.

From your description, you sound a lot like me from a physical standpoint, though I did martial arts instead of the gym.

The important part is that whatever opinion they have on what they see, what do YOU see?

Someone our size is NOT going to get messed with.. ok if you go for the pink princess with the floofy white ballet skirt, that might not work the same. But just wearing female clothing because it feels it is the right thing to do is different.

I love this quote from Eddie Izzard: "They aren't women's clothes, they are MY clothes! *I* bought them!"

Don't worry too much about what people think about what they see. Just make sure you are safe and comfortable.

<3

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 04-04-2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: refinement of idea
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    If you look back at fashion and figures in the 50s and early 60s women had smaller figures and used belts more to show off their slim waists and trim figure.

I hate to say this but we are becoming use to larger women through carrying extra weight, I know it's a big problem in the US and also in the UK , it's a fine dividing line between a curvy figure and carrying extra weight. You may not get the same opportunities but if you travel through Europe many women carry less weight but still have good figures.

Let's face it the whole industry geared to losing weight is enormous , I might be slight as a guy but love being a size 12 as Teresa, sorry no butt and hip padding for me .

Banned Read only
    I just love the look and how they feel. When facing the mirror the jeans taper out to my hips and the flat front (tucked) looks oh so nice and feminine. Also love the rear look showing how it hugs the cheeks and the stitching and glitter on the pockets are a look I like, girly or not. The almost see through tee sows my upper body nicely. When wearing white sneakers it definitely looks just like a young woman wearing the same thing. Panties and some form of hose of course. So hard to get undressed looking and feeling like this. Non CDers, you don't know what you are missing!!!

Teresa, I too like being a UK 12 (US 8). Used to be a borderline 10-12, but definitely a 12 now. I do wish I have just that little bit of a hip so my jeans have somewhere to sit on, rather than straight up and down.
    Swottie