Thread: Such a wonderful day out in the city

Such a wonderful day out in the city

Hi all,

Apologies up front for the very long post. Had the most amazing experience on Sunday and I'm still buzzing from it. Just felt the need to share my experience as that's what I love about this forum and hopefully even inspire some...

So I treated myself to a nice hotel for the weekend as I had been working really hard so far this year. I got up at 10am on Sunday had a stretch and looked out the window down on sleepy Sunday morning London. The sun was shining and it all looked so pretty from the 9th floor. I was both excited and terrified in equal measure. My plan was to leave the hotel at 3pm to go by public transport to an "Alternative Market" in the city of London. I got the lift down and had a lovely breakfast (I was in drab boy mode). I was still feeling anxious as I looked around the large room of families, couples and a few singltons. As I watched the large clock on the wall turn past 11 I felt a bit like a doomed prisoner due for execution in just 4 hours. I had made up my mind to go out but was battling with those inner voices telling me all the awful things that could go wrong (what if you fall in your heels, what if you get stuck in the lift, what if you get pestered by some over eager admirer, what if someone recognised you, what if someone attacks you and pulls your wig off, just stay in the cosy hotel room and dress up)... I decided I need some dutch courage so after breakfast I walked outside and bought a bottle of red wine in a local store. As I walked back in I walked past two beautiful ladies on reception who greeted me with a lovely smile. I got the lift back to floor 9 walked the short distance down the corridor keycard in and then shut the room door behind me. I let out a sigh put the bottle of wine down then said to myself "ok lets do this".

I plugged my phone in and put on my "girly" youtube music playlist. Some Lana Del Rey, Marina and the Diamonds, No Doubt and even some cheese pop Katy Perry, Fergie, Avril Lavigne, Girls Aloud. I had already done a complete body shave the night before so I just did a quick face and neck shave again. Put moisturiser on. I took my athletic tape put of my cosmetic bag and taped my goods in place so it gave a nice flat smooth and most importantly comfortable feel. I then slipped on my favourite black lace panties then a matching black lace bra and inserted my boobs so everything fit in place. I then sprayed some perfume on each wrist and on my neck and put my hair net on so all hair was comfortably covered. I sat down at the big mirror and even without any make up on as Fergies "Clumsy" came on my phone I felt overcome with excitement and that special soft girly feeling. I spent the next hour meticulously putting my face on bit by bit as slowly as I could. I fetched my brunette wig put it on gently and spent a few minutes playing around with it until it sat perfect. I got up walked into the bathroom and leaned into the mirror and was so amazed and pleased with myself. A beautiful young lady with shiny glossy lips staring back. It was just after 2 and the anxiety started to creep back in (noise of the cleaners outside my door didn't help) as the reality of what was about to happen started to kick in. I opened the bottle of wine and poured myself a glass. I slid open the double door closet and took my back silk maxi skirt off the rail. I took it off the hanger lay it on the bed then unzipped the side zip stepped into it and pulled it up to my waist then zipped up the side zip. It sat beautifully as it's cut on the bias and fell straight down to the floor covering my feet and pooling on the carpet floor. I then put a plain black tee on pulled down over my boobs and played around with it until it sat in place. I then put on a knitted black long sleeve cardi with a fur collar on. I buttoned it up. I then took my knee high black velvet chunky boots out of the bottom of the closet. I sat on the bed pulled my skirt up so it sat around my waist. Put my bare feet and legs in to the boots and zipped them up. I stood up and let the skirt fall gracefully down. I fixed it so it didn't get caught on the boots. I walked over to have a look in the mirror. Looked and felt so perfect. Phew, well that was me ready to go. It was almost 3 and I was really wrestling with my emotions but thankfully the wine was working and I was feeling slightly more confident. I finished the wine off then took some deep breaths. I pulled my leather biker jacket out and put it on. I grabbed my leather bag and slung it over my left shoulder then grabbed my hat and gently fixed it on top. I walked over to the window again and looked down at the route I had to walk to get the train station. It was a lot busier now. It was very bright and sunny out. Oh God count to 10..... breathe......

I opened the hotel room door and stepped out as it closed behind me I thought to myself "no going back now". I walked confidently down the carpeted hall swinging my right arm in rhythm. I got to the lift and pressed the button wondering who awaits me in such a cramped space. My heart was beating out of my chest as I waited for what seemed like an eternity then "ding". To my amazing relief the lift was empty. I walked in pressed the button for reception and the doors closed. I checked myself in the mirror this time not looking so good (god I hate bright lift light). Thankfully again no one got in on the way down. As it came down to reception my heart started to flutter again as I could hear the general commotion of reception life. "Bing" "crap here we go" the door opened and I walked out and turned left making a b line for the exit. As I walked across the marble floor of reception my heels sounded thundering and one of the receptionists looked up and took a good look at me as I passed by. She gave me a lovely smile and I smiled back. I opened the exit door and very very carefully walked down the 4 or 5 steps and landed safely on the London pavement. I felt much more confident now was starting to really enjoy myself as I felt my bare legs being caressed by my silky skirt as the gentle wind blew it. I kept looking ahead at all times and kept a light smile on my face. As far as I could tell no one took a second look as most were too entrenched in their own thought and lives.

As I approached the station I noticed it was pleasantly quiet. I stopped took my card out of my bag swiped it then got on the escalator up to the platform. I walked left up the platform and sat down on a vacant seat. As I waited for the train to arrive I felt so comfy, confident, excited and happy. I sat right leg crossed over left. As the train approached I stood up hoping it wouldn't be busy. There is something very ok about walking around but being in closed confined spaces with other peeps is slightly scary. I walked onto the train turned left and sat cross legged again. I looked around and everyone was minding their own business. There was a young couple sat next to me on the left and thankfully noone directly across. The train pulled into Bank station about 20mins later. I got up left the train and followed the exit signs. Bank station is like an underground metropolis. It was really busy and I had to walk for an age get two escalators followed by two sets of concrete stairs. As I walked there was a steady flow of human traffic going the opposite way so was great to judge some reactions as I quickly passed but honestly didn't notice much apart from the odd stare or smile.

As I left the station the sun was still shining brightly. Thankfully the city of London is quite quiet on the weekends as it is predominately a 9-5 financial business district. I walked up the street towards the Alternative Market. I passed a glass building and loved seeing my reflection and how shimmery and shiny my skirt was as it reflected the sun and how great my boots looked as I walked. I found the Alternative Market payed at reception and wandered in.

It was packed full of all kinds of peeps. I immediately felt at home, safe and excited. I ordered a vodka and coke at the busy bar and talked to a wonderful lady in a flowery summer dress who was ordering a lot of food for "her master". I told her it was my first time here and she reassured me everyone was lovely and told me to have a wonderful evening. I took my vodka and coke around the stalls of the market with me. It was such a pleasure being able to browse through the rails looking at skirts, dresses, lingerie, corset without any judgement. Just smiles and "can I help you with anything". I finished my drink and needed to pee. I looked around for the toilet sign and followed the direction. It brought me downstairs. As I got to the bottom I was greeted by a large mirror catching glimpse of my femme self again... so exciting. I went into the ladies and into the first available cubicle. I pulled my skirt up over my waist sat down and had the biggest smile on my face. I had honestly dreamed of days like these and now it was reality.

I walked out of the cubicle and sat my bag down at the sinks. I washed my hands then took my lip gloss out of my bag and applied some to my lips. The same woman from earlier came out of another cubicle and greeted my with a big "hello love". We had a really nice short chat at the sinks and she complimented me on my style and I returned the compliment. I had another drink and as I stood at the bar alone I started to feel a bit awkward and lonely. Before too long a very pretty lady with a short blonde pixie hair doo came to order a drink beside me. She smiled and said hello and we got chatting. She had just arrived and was waiting for some friends and was on her own. We came from close to the same area back home and went to the same Uni and we chatted for ages about everything. Soon her friends arrived. A guy and a dark haired girl with those stylish geeky style glasses. She introduced me as Ellie and we all said hey to each other. The guy bought us all drinks and we all chatted together. It was so wonderful. The guy grabbed my hand and complimented me on my ring and the girls asked where I got it. The girl with the Pixie hair was pretty much wearing the same boots as I and we compared boots and the dark haired girl complimented me on my skirt and even rubbed my leg saying "oh wow it's so silky".

Unfortunately my feet all of a sudden started to ache as I wasn't used to wearing high heel boots and they were 2 sizes smaller than what I usually wear. The girls and guy try to convince me to go t0 the after party but unfortunately my poor feet wouldn't allow it. We all exchanged contact info and promised to stay in touch and meet for drinks soon. I hugged them goodbye one by one and then walked out into the dark night sky. I decided to hail a cab as my poor feet couldn't survive the trek back. As I sat back in the cab right leg crossed over left I felt so happy and at one with myself, The doubts and shameful thoughts had completely vanished from earlier.

When I got back to the hotel I went up to the lady on reception and asked what time checkout was in the morning (I already knew but just wanted to engage in conversation with her). I shared the lift back up with two guys but again I didn't have a care in the world and seemed like they didn't either.

Smile at the world and the world will smile back at you x
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Spammer
    It's always before that we feel the most fear and you know why some people were looking at you?
    Cos that photo is of a cute girl.

Glad you had a great time

Marvelous story. Congratulations on overcoming your fears. You must be lucky to have a voice that can be credibly feminine--the best I could ever do was pretend that I had laryngitis, and talk in a half-whisper in those rare cases where I dared to speak with anyone.
    You look lovely, by the way!

Ellie, good for you. I know what you mean about feet aching.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great story, Ellie! Glad you got out and had a good time! I am getting there and will go out alone soon! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix