Thread: Are we being selfish?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are we being selfish?

I've never been very active here in the past, but reading a fair number of posts recently got me thinking about my own dressing, and my own relationship with my wife.

Our needs to dress, to experience our femme side, being addicted to various items of clothing or make-up or experiences can all cost a lot of money, and a lot of our free time as well.

It's easy to neglect our SO, especially when starting out and wanting to experience as much of this CD thing as quickly as possible. I myself am guilty of buying more lingerie and jeans than I need. From the partner's point of view, it can definitely seem very selfish indulgences.

This is as much a question for myself as for anyone else. Do you actively love your SO as much as you love your femme self? Do you pay as much attention to your SO as you do to yourself?

If not, can we justifiably expect the SO to accept our dressing without complains or jealousy?

If not, can we really be surprised when the SO asks us to stop? Maybe what they are really asking for is to be loved? To love them as you seem to be loving your femme self?

If the table is turned and she says she wants to dress in men's clothing, how would you feel? Would you feel she's not the same woman anymore? Is that fair? Can you honestly say you don't mind and will be supportive? I'm not sure how I will feel, and I fear I may react very negatively. This gives me the realisation on how wonderful and accepting my wife has been so far. Although she's not keen on me wanting to take things further, she's been very accepting of me under dressing 24/7, and encourages me to wear dress up for bedroom fun.

Are we being unreasonable? Are we trying to push the boundaries too far too quickly? Can we blame them for wanting to change us and mould us and make us do things their way? Have they not earned that privilege?

Of course each SO is different, and some can be totally unreasonable, but mine in honestly has acted far better than I may have done. On balance she's been accepting more than not, is it reasonable for us to expect all our demands are always accepted without fuss? Of course not. Relationships are about give and take, compromises is to be expected. I fear I have been taking more than I have given.

With this I feel I must right that balance, starting from tomorrow.
    Last edited by Swottie; 04-04-2017 at 08:01 PM.