Thread: The Pinup Challenge - 2nd Call

The Pinup Challenge - 2nd Call

A couple weeks ago, I posted an idea for a challenge that would be a lot of fun. I'd like to get it organized (Is that possible?) and star getting members busy so that we can reveal to the Forum our results.

The idea of the challenge is to have some fun within the framework of or passions. One of my passions is pinup photos and drawings, especially from the 1940's - 1960's. Some of me favorite artists are Gil Elvgren and Art Frahm. My idea is for each daring member of the Forum to select a image from their favorite pinup artist and "interpret" that imagine in a photo of themselves. I use "interpret" instead of "duplicate" so that we can have some artistic freedom and not get bogged down it what is "perfect". In my case, I can't stand or walk in heels, so I have to either pick an image where the subject is sitting or "interpret" a standing subject in a manner that works for me.

I'm leaning towards the picture below. I'll probably do it on a bench or on the lawn. My wife suggested using a Pink Flamingo to give it a Florida feel instead of the ostrich. Probably will.

Art Frahm 1.jpg

(I hope the image appears).

Here is a link to images I have collected:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147787383@N04/

Here is to a great collection of images:

http://www.thepinupfiles.com/

So take a look and PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by Anne K; 04-06-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I haven't the time in the immediate future to round up exact matching outfits and exact matching props in the pics, Joyce. However, I have older pin up type pics of Sherry that r "similar". What do u suggest?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I suggest you do whatever you with the pinups you like and the outfits you have. The idea is to have fun! Let me know when you are ready and we'll coordinate releasing. I'm months away.