Thread: Wal-Mart and CDers

Wal-Mart and CDers

I was just reading a thread about shopping experiences from Wal-Mart. I am an associate at the Home Office in Arkansas - and a VERY BIG supporter of Wal-Mart. For as much bad rap that Wal-Mart gets in the media all the time.. I wanted to praise them for a second on the subject of CDers.

I have worked for Wal-Mart a for over a year and a half. I'm a professional assistant to a vice president. Since being with my SO I have taken quite an interest in our diversity department. Since being with him, I've found out a lot of great things about how accepting Wal-Mart is of CDers and TS. Wal-Mart has associate groups for all diverse cultures, but their groups also include TS/CDers and homosexuals. They do fun activities together. I've always wanted to get involved, but as no one but me knows about Lace, I haven't gone. I have also found out that Wal-Mart requires all store associates to take diversity training for acceptance of diversity. Which includes the basic race and sex issue but extends into CDers and TS.

For example, a lady's fitting room associate has to be supportive or "ok" with being approached by a CDer or TS just as she would if it was a GG. But that doesn't just go for fitting room associates - all associates are supposed to follow this.

I just wanted to give a shout out to my wonderful company - as much as they are hated by some -they are VERY supportive of the CDer/ TS community.

Wanted you all to know that.
    [SIZE=2]For those that wanted me to come up with my own unique name.....
    You can just call me........

SILK
    [/SIZE]

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

Walmart

I've never had a problem with Walmart.
    I've bought women's clothes there..and make up, and shoes and jewelry with little or no problems, other than maybe a wry smile, from an associate, and possibly wondering, "does he..or doesn't he"!
    Each time, it just gets a little easier..and maybe this is the reason why.

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

I said this in another thread too, that I have always had positive experiences at Wal-Mart when selecting and purchasing my fem clothes there...and it's very gratifying to know they are so supportive of our community!

It's nice to know the company is diversity tolerant and acceptance is a policy. More companies should be this way. Have they ever thought of advertising the fact?

Personally I rarely shop at Wal Mart, preferring other dept. stores or boutiques, but that is a personal preference.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Does that apply to the stores in Canada as well?
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

wal-mart is especially great for the shy cder

Now wal-mart has the self check outs and it is perfect for gurls to buy their unmentionables and other girly things there without feeling like everyone is looking at you. I used to be a store manager in a retail store, and to tell you the truth, people don't really care what you are buying, they are doing thier own thing. So, pretty hats off to wal-mart..the one stop shopping place for us "gurls"..lol

Aspiring Member
    I have had good experiences in Wal_mart in both Canada and the US.

While on vacation in the U.S. last Nov, was in a Wa-Mart and found a skirt that i wanted to try on.
    I was femme at the time, but wearing slacks. When it came my turn to see the attendant at the dressing rooms, she was very courteous, and without even hesitation stated room #--- is available and that was a change room in the Ladies secion.
    It felt so good to be treated like a Lady, and I will definately go back to that store when in the area

Denise

Wal-mart

Well, that's wonderful that Wal-mart is friendly to folks like us, and I'm glad you're happy where you work, but I still won't shop there. I'll spare all of you the rant, but I think there are other places that will treat us nicely who are better corporate citizens.

Nancy
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Now wal-mart has the self check outs and it is perfect for gurls to buy their unmentionables and other girly things there without feeling like everyone is looking at you. I used to be a store manager in a retail store, and to tell you the truth, people don't really care what you are buying, they are doing thier own thing. So, pretty hats off to wal-mart..the one stop shopping place for us "gurls"..lol
    Maybe you have different automated checkouts than the ones we have here in the UK, which read out each purchased item in a loud automated voice as you pass them over the scanner, before topping it all off by refusing to recognise a bottle of milk, leaving you stranded while an assistant is summoned to come and help.

That said, I do agree that people don't care nearly as much as we'd think, or indeed like them to. Realising that was one of my defining moments - having gone to all the trouble of building up the confidence to face the world defiantly, it turned out the World couldn't give a monkey's. The time they do care is when you affect them directly by being obnoxious or selfishly invading their personal space; for all the talk of rights, we have to remember our responsibilities too - show respect and you get it back.

It's very rarely I've encountered an unhelpful salesperson when out shopping, in whatever mode of dress. If it's clear my custom is causing discomfort, I leave it and go elsewhere (I never want to inconvenience others with consequences of any of my lifestyle choices) but far more often (assuming you're not pervy about it) they're eager to help this guy out of his depth and in need of assistance; my appearance has added interest to what was otherwise a pretty dull day.

As for the "is it for you?" question, I've always taken that to be a common joke; I hear it most often when I buy stuff in full masculine attire, along with "it won't suit you, darling!" and other witticisms that probably wouldn't have been made if the caller thought it was anything other than an absurd and good natured tease.

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Wink re wall mart

here in the new york area there is a wall mart in a few towns in long island .i usually buy from the one in east meadow.i buy all my lingerie from them in drab as i am at my candy route and i never have any problem with them.i never try on there as i have other lingerie shops that let me try on whatever i want so i usually buy from those shops .love phylisanne

Found pretty black lace bustier at Walmart price $15.00 same thing at Doctor Johns $80.00 guess which one I bought.

girl next door
    Thank you, Silk, for sharing this encouraging news. I've been into unisex fitting rooms without attendants plenty of times before, but have never attempted to try on femme items a) in a ladies' fitting room, or b) with an attendant present. Perhaps that will change soon enough, you've probably earned your company a few new customers tonight. Hugs, Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

I use wal mart (asda) in the uk

I have never had any problem buying clothes and no assistant has ever passed a comment or even looked as if they dissaproved.

I dont think anyone should be bashing walmart here because they dont like they way they carry out there business.

This was raised as one aspect of the business which should be helpful to our community.

Anything else is not needed in this thread

Our Community Needs All The Support It Can Get
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I had an en femme outing at Wal Mart once.....didn't have any problems whatsoever.

The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I use Wall-Mart every time I visit the USA. No problems in store, lots of bargains (compared to UK), very patient changing room attendants

Much to my surprise I was even approached in WallMart by a recuitment consultant asking if I was looking for a new job !!!

Shoe sizes go up to a UK size 9 at a price in $ that I would pay in £ in the UK.

Ruth

I have been shopping for my female things for years and have never had any problem whatsoever.

I would like to congratulate LaceLuvr's GG on her courage and open mindedness. It is really so rare that an SO supports her cross-dressing SO and does so publicly. Then as an employee of a company that she feels is at the very least tolerant if not downright supportive of those of us that choose to come out into the open and express our female side to the public, she lets us know of their policy.

This thread is about information for all to lets us know that there are places where males can purchase female clothing without being castigated and demeaned and if we want, to try on these items with the comfort of knowing that we will not be embarrassed by employees with bias and prejudice toward someone that chooses to be open about their differences.

Thank you LaceLuvr's GG and all of the others that have responded to this thread in the spirit with which it was started.

Spread love folks not hate, bias and prejudice.

I love you all,

Paige
    Last edited by Sharon; 03-08-2006 at 11:39 AM. Reason: removed references to thread in The Lounge

This thread is now devoted to the wonders of shopping at Walmart. For those who wish to discuss why they dislike this establishment, there is now a thread in The Lounge you may post in.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25086

Please, any more flaming and bashing posted in this thread (here in MtF) will now be deleted.