Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving while dressed &in heels

Driving while dressed &in heels

Those of you who go out fully
    Dressed driving in heels do you find it eaiser to wear a low heel vs a4"heel did you
    Feel more incontrol of your
    Driving with which shoe?

Platinum Member
    Being 6'2 I seldom wear a heel higher than 3". Still I don't find it a hindrance at all. Perhaps thats a benefit of wearing Sh**-kickers for most of my life

Even driving instructors suggest that women don't wear high heels when driving. I mean, you can even steer your car with your feet if you really want to, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Flats. No heels while driving for me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have no problem driving in single soled heels, no matter the height of the heel. 35+ years experience. I don't really feel the pedals well with large platforms. I recently bought a pair of 7" boots with a 3" platform, and couldn't wait to drive in them. Didn't care for it.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I'm never in less than four and a half inch heels when dressed up, whether staying home or going out.
    Though I can (and have driven) drive in such heels, I just prefer not to; I just bring flats and switch.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I have learned to drive successfully and (I think) safely in up to 5" heels, but unless it's just a quick errand around town, I prefer to switch to sneakers in the car because the floor mats and carpets are so hard on the polish on my nice and expensive shoes.

- Diane

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I drive well in heels,but next time I will bring my flats,and change shoes.I feel a lot of gg's do that anyway.

Always drive in flats, then change to heels on arrival. Apart from being safer, it avoids damage to heels.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    At 6' 4" I simply don't wear 4" heels. Regardless. I wear training shoes when driving dressed. I enjoy driving too much to dilute the experience with heals. . Four Inch heels would simply be dangerous IMHO. Plus you will wreck your heels. May be that's just me.
    Last edited by Jane G; 04-09-2017 at 03:16 AM.

i think i drive very well in my 5.5 inch heels. but when i do i prefer to take my right heel off just for safety.

Banned Read only
    Dawn,
    Now I've gone back to a manual shift , I've started wearing wedges to drive in, I would hate to cause an accident by wearing heels, although I admit it is fun driving in heels .

Kaye also makes a good point about caring for heels and they do make holes in the carpet fairly quickly .

It took me a while to "learn" how to drive in heels and I have done that successfully so this is what I do.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

I tried driving in heels a few times. I didn't like it so I wear flats when driving. The pleasure of wearing heels doesn't seem as important as having the ability to hit the brake pedal when needed!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I travel a lot for work, flying then driving from airport to client. Generally, the drives are over 2 1/2 hours one way. I always drive in minimum 4 inch heels, then switch to flats when I get to client

I have driven in heels, wedges and flats. I have not noticed a difference. But safety first. If I ever felt uncomfortable in a pair, I would rather take them off than not be able to stop. I would say, no matter what the height is, use common sense.

I have driven in my highest heels and no problem. They seem to be able to push the gas pedal and brakes okay. Sometimes they even seem more comfortable than a boot or tennis shoe.
    Part Time Girl

In male mode, back when I learned to drive, I was most often wearing popular styles of male boots with 2 to 3 inch heels. Didn't think anything of it.

Decades later, when I first tried driving in 3" high heels, I didn't find it difficult at all. For a while I was in the habit of keeping a set of ballet flats in the car, in case I was having trouble with the heels, but I usually only needed them when my feet were killing me from several hours of dancing in high heels. Now I only carry a spare pair of flat shoes if I will be on my feet in the heels for an extended time.

In short, I can drive in any pair of shoes that I can walk in, just fine.

Like Ceera, I drive in what I have on. The key here is to have on something that fits well. A GG friend of mine once said "If you heels don't hurt, you have the wrong shoes". I disagree, A well matched set of heels, properly matched too your feet should fell comfortable. Except for having a different angle on the pedals due to the extended heel , driving is no problem. My wife didnt even touch the floor with her heels.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

If you are only going to be driving I suggesst flats. Better control of car and no one is going to see your feet. If you plan to get out and go somewhere you can change to your heels once you have arrived.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    They have a TV show "Myth Busters" where they addressed this question. They had professional drivers who had never worn heels (or so they said) drive a course with regular shoes and again with heels. The time and accuracy of the course was the same either way, which they found most interesting.

Banned Read only
    Alice ,
    I do agree with you on that point, I have been there and prove it can be done but we must think about safety of ourselves and others, I have to drive several miles on narrow minor roads, slipping off a pedal because I was being silly driving in heels is a poor excuse if you cause a serious accident . Besides I'm not too sure how happy insurance companies would be if it appeared in an accident report that you were trying to drive in 4"-5" heels, it's not so funny when you find your car is a right off and they waived the insurance cover !

I usually drive in heels when going out fully dressed and most of my shoes have between 3 and 4 inch heels. I have only one pair of really high platform wedges that are to clumsy to drive in them, but even walking in them is a challenge. Of course, it is a bit harder to drive in heels than in flats or male shoes, but I drive extra carefully when I'm wearing female clothes and shoes anyway. If nothing else, I don't want to get stopped by the police for speeding or some other traffic offense.
    Nevertheless, if I would have to drive long distances or go out of the city on a highway where speeds are higher, I would wear flats just to be on a safe side.

I drive in heels up to about 6 inches with no issues. It just takes some adjustment and time.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have driven in heels up to 4 inch but feel much more comfortable in my boots with 2 inch heels. I wear those most of the time when out anyway.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    I purchased a pair of flats for driving. The narrow heel of a shoe may tend to get stuck in the carpeting. If you really want to wear a four or five inch heel I suggest carrying a pair of flats.....just in case you have to do a heel to toe walk at a DUI stop. That's so you do not have to do it in your stockings.