Thread: Out for the first time (long)

Out for the first time (long)

I got home from work rather late on Saturday. I stayed after the shop closed to do some minor repairs and an oil change on my wifes Jeep. The day before my wife and I had already made plans, but I didn't really plan for May to go out. My son was spending the night at my mother's. My wife and I had planned on going out to eat then hitting the mall for alittle light shopping, nothing big. The work on my wife's jeep took longer than I had planned and by the time I got home there was no way we were going to make our reservations in time. I took a shower, shaved my chest and legs, then ran the electric razor over my face. The laser treatments have obliterated all but a few of the dark hairs on my face leaving only some sparse gray and blonde hairs easily taken care of with an electric razor. I am almost always partially dressed, so I slipped on my body suit followed by my tight VS sexy jeans. I had planned to throw on a womens long sleeve black T-shirt with a drab shirt over it, but I wanted to show off my recent purchases I got on Friday at JC Pennys to my wife. So I slipped on the embroidered white blouse and black vest. My wife was very pleased with them, she remarked how proud she was of me for buying such nice clothes and getting them on sale too. Next she said, "Are you ready?" "No," I replied, "Let me change." "Well, why don't you just go out like like that?" she said. I thought for a minute, I have never been out fully dressed before although I had always wanted to. "OK," I said, "but let me put some make-up on." Fifteen minutes later, I had my foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick on. I grabbed my purse, filled it with just the essentials for a quick outing, pulled my leather jacket on and out the door I went, exposing May to the world for the first time.

My wife drove, I just sat in passenger seat of the jeep and nervously smoked a couple cigarettes. We had decided that because it was getting late we should goto the mall first then eat. My wife is a parking shark, she knows exactly how to find a parking spot close to an entrance, and before I knew it we were both walking through the door to Macys and into the mall. My nerves weren't getting the best of me, after reading many outing posts here I had some confidence. I held my head high, tried to keep a smile on my face, and kept telling myself "relax, just be yourself." Then for about ten minutes I kept asking myself, "am I passing? does anybody notice me?" I got a couple of looks as we walked through Macys and into the mall. Suprisingly mostly from women, not many one or two if that. Heck, this is easy. We went to Lane Bryant first, my wife loves LB. We wandered around the store for awhile, my wife found several things, I couldn't find anything I really wanted. I was barely noticed. Nobody laughed, threw rocks at me, nothing. We went to the check out. Thats where it happend, my wife accidently outed me, it wasn't on purpose, a little slip of the tounge while chatting with the cashier my wife called me "he." The cashier looked at me with an almost suprised look on her face, for me it meant I had passed up till that point and was doing very well. Then we hit Target, my favorite store. I picked up some lingeire and some hair dye as my roots were showing. I think I was noticed while waiting in line to checkout, but again no big deal at all. I paid the cashier, who was must of been courious. We chatted very briefly, and out my wife and I went. We window shopped around the mall for alittle while then left to get something to eat.

We decided to goto Macaroni Grill, the waiting time for a table was about half an hour, so we sat in the waiting area. That was the time I felt most self conscious as there's nothing to do while waiting but people watch, which meant, if I was watching people, then someone had to be watching me. But again no big deal. By this time I hardly noticed anyone notice me, and I pretty much stopped caring if anybody did anyway. Our pager went off rather quickly, and we were shown to our table. Our server, Travis, was a perfect gentlemen. He kept calling us ladies, and didn't bat an eye at all. I don't know if he read me and was just humoring us or not. Either way I didn't care, it was nice to be treated as I was presented and with repect. Travis got a 30% tip when we left.

When we finially got home, my wife said she was very proud of me, (as I was of myself), and said I did very well. It was a very big step I took, she said, a step most don't take. All in all, I had an excellent time out. No incidents, no problems, no big deal. I didn't have to use the bathroom while out, which we both thought was kind of funny. I was nervous enough for awhile and didn't want to do too much at one time. But I had a wonderful time being out and am looking forward to doing it again very soon. I got a couple of pics of me which I will post as soon as they are down loaded off the camera. Sorry for such a long post, but I just wanted to share my first time out experience with all of you. Also maybe help other girls who haven't been out yet to make that first step. Hey, it's no big deal.

Love, May
    Last edited by MaylinJane; 03-06-2006 at 01:37 AM.

Congratulations May:

A very nice experience for your first time out. Although I feel fairly confident that people would not publicly laugh at me in the middle of a dept store as they did last time I tried to go out, 6 years ago, I do have a problem when it comes to speaking to people. So tell me what your voice is like, is it natrually feminine or did you have to develop it over a long period of time?
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Very cool, May! Congratulations for such a successful and fun outing. And congrats to your wife also!

Great May

Glad to hear you had such a good time on your first, of what I am sure will be many outings.

Susan

Hello May ~
    Very proud and happy for you. Sounds like you and your wife had a wonderful time. It can be difficult dealing with the first time nervousness, but being relaxed, confident and being yourself is the key. Great job.

Kim

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations May:

I am so glad that you had such a successful event on your first time out.
    I can tell you from experience also what it feels like when you think every one is watching you. After you realize that is not so, you just seem to relax and enjoy.

Ther first time I was out fully femme, was in Chesapeake VA, last Nov. when I was on vacation. Being about 800 miles from home I did not have the concern about bumping into some one I know the first time out.

I was with another TS girl I know. After the first 15 min. or so, i calmed down, and enjoyed my day.
    I am totally hooked now, and when I do have the chance to go shopping, I always go fully femme and love it. It is so nice to be able to try on cothes, and not have people think you are wierd or some thing else.
    The more you are out fully femme, the more you will enjoy

Denise

Very nice May, all that on a first night out, too.

Very cool of your wife to suggest going out as well. Hope you pick up a little something for her to show your appreciation.
    DonnaT

Maylin,

It sounds like you had a great time. Have you planned you next outing yet.

Misty

you are one lucky girl. your post was not to long and I can't wait for the pics. I bet you looked great. I have been out before so I know you felt great. way to go girl.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Thank you all. I think I'm going to be hooked on going out. I really enjoyed my self after I settled down. Donna, you are absolutely right I should get alittle something for my wife for being so cool. I think if I would have planned ahead of time to go out I would have chicken'd out, doing it all spur of the moment gave me no chance to let me talk myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    So tell me what your voice is like, is it natrually feminine or did you have to develop it over a long period of time?
    I'm just getting over a bad cold, so my voice is rather raspy right now, which I think rather helped in passing pitch wise. I can have a natural feminine inflection in my voice and the body language to match when I just let go. But I let my wife do most of the talking, she's good at that anyway, LOL.

May

Congratulations May. It does get easier the more times you get out. Have fun with it.
    Phoebe

Good for you girl!

I one day will have the nerve up to go out shoping. I also have a supportive SO and she wants so bad to show me off.

I hope yoy two have many more fun outings to come.

Beth

Out for the first time

Its Great when it goes smooth.

Talking

May,
    It sounds like you and your wife had a lovely time, I am so happy for you. Going out (especially with someone you love) is addicting isn't it? Don't stop now.

Cahterine