Thread: Going out Friday with the wife in a dress I've been afraid to go out in

Going out Friday with the wife in a dress I've been afraid to go out in

Friday my wife and I are going out for the day. I'm going to wear a red peplum bodycon dress that I feel is way too short and tight for life. My wife says it's not as short as I seem to think it is. I've had it for years, but always been afraid to wear it out. We're going to a movie and shopping. I'm planning on wearing flats, though I think with heels it looks a lot better. Should be a fun day.

Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn, have a great time going out! Give your wife an extra hug for having confidence in you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

WOW .........lucky!!!!
    Enjoy. Tell us how it goes!
    Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

Dammm....so Jealous but have fun! I would.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Platinum Member
    Your wife knows best . Enjoy!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Cool sounds like a fun night, enjoy

If your wife believes its OK, I'd go with it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I watched a young, pretty newbie at DLV 2 weeks ago. Over 6' tall in her heels. But, she always wore short tite, dresses. And, was continually pulling down on them when standing even tho they covered her adequately.

It made me nervous watching her. So, I asked her why she wore them when she seemed so insecure in them? Because she looked hot in them was her answer.

What's your answer, Gwinnie!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    That sounds like a scream! I'm envious, and if the heels look better than the flats, by all means wear them. The better you look, the more confident you'll feel. Have way too much fun!

I'll try to post some pics. The reason for the flats is we are going out during the day and this dress just screams night out on the town party. So trying to dress it down. But heels look so much better with it.

Gwendolyn

Hard to give advice without any pictures or description aside from "short" but if you wish to dress-down a short dress or skirt and also feel less exposed, go with opaque tights instead of sheer hosiery or bare legs. Assuming black opaques would work with your dress, you might end up with a very chic, comfortable and classy look...even with ballet flats.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sounds like a nice time with your wife. Yeah listen to her and even though it is short, sit right and enjoy.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Hard to give advice without any pictures or description aside from "short" but if you wish to dress-down a short dress or skirt and also feel less exposed, go with opaque tights instead of sheer hosiery or bare legs. Assuming black opaques would work with your dress, you might end up with a very chic, comfortable and classy look...even with ballet flats.
    Excellent advice from Sara. I also agree with Alwayshave. If your wife says it's OK I'd say go for it, if you're so inclined. Heels, too.

I use to allow myself once or twice a year when I'd wear something too short, too tight, heels too high, too much makeup, too... everything. Just do it for the pure exhilaration of it, then get back to the usual blending. I skipped last year doing that and I don't think I have the nerve for it this year either. You reach a point where you're just too old to pull that off anymore, and I think I'm there. My advice is to do it while you can, and enjoy the hell out of it!

That's awesome! I hope you have a lovely evening, and I look forward to the details afterward!!
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

We are totally on the same page Rhonda. I broke out a mini last at DLV a week and a half ago and paired it with opaque black tights & heels. I swore to my friend Honey that it would be the last time I'd wear something like that. After all, a forty-something woman is getting a bit long in the tooth to be running around in such an outfit. But I felt amazing, chic, yet a hint of daring. I'm hoping someone snapped a picture because I took all of one during my couple days in Vegas (and that would be my Avatar ).
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Well, I didn't get to wear the red dress. We both decided it looked too party date night. So I wore a short flirty floral dress with black wedge heels. And a black shrug with puffed sleeves. Cause it's me and I always wear that. Driving with puff sleeves is just wonderful. We went to movies and a few stores and then lunch. I got read bad at a store that I usually have no problems in. I could tell the girl was trying to think of something to say. So, she complimented my dress. My wife was pretty nervous. Then we went to lunch. That didn't go so well. Lots of looks and whispers when we went in and the waitress pretty much did all she could to avoid our table. So, not the best trip out, but could have gone worse.

Gwendolyn

Sorry it didn't go better, Gwendolyn, but hopefully you were still able to enjoy parts of it. The people looking and whispering will hopefully be less inclined to do so the next time they see someone crossdressed, and even less so the time after that, and so on.

Good for you for living your authentic life in public!
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

My dressing is confined to the house but my wife is still surprised by some of my short dresses but is complimentary about them. She is more surprised though that I can actually walk in the matching 5 or 6 inch heels I have.