Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much time does crossdressing consume?

Aspiring Member

How much time does crossdressing consume?

I know that most of us on this forum are very much in to crossdressing, but how much are we in to it? We all have our times when we put on women's clothes. Some are able to dress much more than others. The question here is How much time does it consume? So you think about dressing, even when you are in boy mode? For me, it consumes me. Addiction perhaps. I find that if I'm not dressed, I'm thinking about it. When I see attractive women, (as I get older, all women seem to get more attractive), my thoughts are of crossdressing. Does she have pantyhose on? I love that dress!, etc. If I'm not dressed, I'm thinking of my next opportunity to dress or to go shopping or?
    What about you?

SheriM

I went thru stages where I was immersed in the dressing. Every thought seem to always go back to watching the GG and thinking I wish I could them or I love her dress. At almost 70, I can say it doesn't take as much time being consumed in what the GGs are wearing or wishing I could be them. I'm me now I just do what i want I've accepted who I am. I'm still a stay at home dresser only but just enjoy the relaxing in my dresses and not trying to figure out what's wrong with me or what caused it. I think all the whys I've already drawn a conclusion on so there's nothing left but to enjoy the thing I love to do. The same has happened with my fishing, hunting, working the farm, and pretty much my life is just be content with life in general. One tends to settle into a routine the older one gets and can be contented with the results. Beside olde people can say and get away with a lot more than younger folks can. I was stopped the other night for not signaling my right turn signal. If I was a youngster I would have gotten a ticket more than likely but I told the officer why wear my signal out as there was no one but me turning he laughed and said sir just please do it if you see someone coming. I said gotcha. He gave me a verbal warning. The older I get the less I'm totally consumed by any thing.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sheri I would say for me that at times it does consume me but I try my best to manage this part of me in wearing panties
    24/7 keeping shaved and I usually wear some type of cami under my regular shirts when I'm in guy mode.
    Because to be honest I would wear my women's stuff daily and everywhere if it were practical so I manage it as I said

Aspiring Member
    Hi Sheri
    Latterly I have been able sleep en femme (bra, forms, nightdress), so thats about 8 hours a day. Otherwise its about 4 - 6 hours per week, unless my SO is away when it is much more. Of course I wish it was much more all the time.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

With an accepting girlfriend, About three days a week on average. Sometimes I must be male for a while and it kills me. LOL Indeed it is always on our mind.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    In Scotland you have to wear something to avoid frostbite and at home it is almost as easy to wear skirts and dresses as anything else. But on work days the change back into male clothes apart from my panties takes extra time. Keeping legs and armpits hair free is tedious but at least I only wear make up and nail varnish to go out - putting them on and removing them very time consuming. The shopping time is my main loss of time when I could be doing other things and that is a dayvor two a month not to mention the cost in money. Thinking time not as much as it used to be because I already wear these clothes most of the time. I just noticed that when I typed 'wear' predictive text suggested 'skirts'! Then there is the time on the internet like writing this post on a tablet. Also lots of time cataloguing clothes and photo inventory of them and managing storage so overall I reckon it uses up 4-5 days a month - more than I realised and more than I feel it justifies as I have other high priority interests though I can pursue some of these in a nice outfit.

I totally understand what you're saying Sheri. The part about always noticing what women have on etc.. I find that I tend to notice how they're dressed, how their makeup looks, what shoes or boots they're wearing.....
    My actual dressing time has dropped recently. (actually taking the opportunity to dress for three hours this morning as it could be my last for a while). For the better part of the last year I've been able to dress almost daily for a least an hour or two because many days by wife worked opposite shifts than I did. Both of my daughters have moved back home now and dressing is going to be a huge challenge. I'll relish each and every chance I get. I find that the longer I don't dress, the more I notice what other women are wearing and how they're "put together". The urge to dress grows very strong at that point.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I currently get two days together per week and between 7 and 8 hours on those days, not too bad but it passes in a flash, or seems to. For the rest of the week the thought of dressing is always on my mind to a lesser or greater effect. Like others, seeing a well dressed woman can trigger my need to get some female stuff on, but I have to be patient. I do have many hobbies to give me something to do, but they are really just time fillers.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    Except for a wig and makeup (lipstick's OK), I'm fully girly dressed every day, all day, if I don't have to go out. Then its fully underdressed. I'm consumed by the Pink Fog!

Banned Read only
    I'm retired so I have a lot of free time on my hands. Currently my wife is not working so my fem time is banging away on the computer key board while she is still asleep. She is currently recovering from a medical issue and sleeps late. However, when she is working I do get fem time. On the days when I am totally Stephanie, but without makeup which takes too long to apply and remove, I have domestic chores to accomplish. So, I get to kill two birds with one stone. You'd be amazed how much can be accomplished wearing a dress and heels.

For me - not enough

Too much time spent thinking about it, and not enough time actually doing it.
    I manage brief episodes of dressing, but I miss the full effect with makeup and the wig (which is rare these days).

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    A sweet 16 about sixteen hours and then it's back to DRAB.

As I progressed along the continuum, the time I spent thinking about and actually dressing definitely increased dramatically. Now, not a day goes by that I'm not dressed to some degree. Before I get up, I've determined pretty much what I'm going to wear that day. I work out of my home, therefore I'm fully dressed most of the time. Yes, it takes a lot more time, but I enjoy the morning routine i.e. makeup, lingerie selection, clothes and shoes. And, that's not to say, it's not unusual to change outfits should I have to go out. More time? Yes. Enjoyable? Very. Not to worry...it comes with the territory.

Over the decades with all the changes in job, town, marriage, child, other family, living arrangements, etc. my opportunities to crossdress ranged from none to total. So I dressed when I could. There was a test of sorts at one time of how deep I could go. I was in a new job, new town (where I didn't know anyone outside my new job, so no established social connections), new apartment living alone, and a little extra money for purchases. I could dress up every evening and all weekends if I wanted to, but as it turned out, about 3-4 times a week was all I needed. It was a great year and a half, but life threw changes at me. I did learn something about how much I needed. Since then, there were fewer opportunities but I made the most of them. I could never be satisfied just dabbling, it's all the way, head-to-toe, over-the-top everything.

I find that it is on my mind most of the time, but i only get fully dolled up about 2 to 4 times a month. i wish i could get it off my mind a lot more, as i have not accomplished a lot in my life. I would like it to go away at many times, as there are many constructive things i could be thinking about, and doing. It has a way of taking over my mind, and life. I still would like to have a girlfriend, or wife, though i have been alone all my life, at 62. It isolates me too much, and socially. I still want to be a man, when not dressing. I do not want to get SRS, because my man side is needed for car repairs, and other blue collar work, and fishing, and my religious beliefs are in strong conflict. Sometimes, it seems like a lot of pleasure, but comes with a kicker curse.

The only time dressing "consumes" for me is the 1-2 hours takes me to get ready when I want to go out. While I do think about it at other times, it's not "consuming" my time because I'm still able to function so I get done what needs to get done.

It depends. Sometimes 40+ hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes none. The biggest problem I have, is that since I'm not out, once I'm dressed as a girl, I don't go out as much because it would entail changing back into boy clothes, which I am reluctant to do. It just feels so nice to be dressed as I feel like I'm supposed to, that I have difficulty taking my clothes off and putting on my 'man costume'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Well beautification and bodycare are daily routines although, i have developed nail care OCD and I tend to fiddle if we're watching the idiots fishtank but that's dead time anyway. I don't consider this as taking any time. I've seen male friends take longer to get ready.

Shopping doesn't take much time as I'm an impulsive buyer. Whatever doesn't fit can go back so ordering everything saves a lot of time. I take no extra time in shops as I'm there with the gf anyway - only now I could actually be buying things so that can be considered time I get back.

Getting Dressed, not that long. I don't take advantage of all of the ample opportunity to dress at home. It would take no extra effort but I'm not publicly out. Multiple daily changing would simply get in the way of doing things. When I work from home I'll often dress but it's not stopping me make dat money. So not wasted time there.

Thinking about dressing? When i'm bored of my wardrobe or getting dressed.

These days I mostly dress as Ericka(my club name) when I have the chance to go to the club to dance all night.Not as often as it used to be for sure as I prefer to spend time with my GF as Rich most of the time on the weekends. She is okay with my dressing and has even gone to the club with me. I resolved all of my feelings concerning this some time ago and am good either way really. Nice to enjoy the best of both worlds though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Dear Alice, Your post said you have religious conflicts with dressing. Don't forget that we are who we are. I believe that I was born as a crossdresser, it was not a real choice. Don't know about you but the first thoughts that I can remember from my childhood are of my interest in women's underwear. God gave us our sexuality. Some people are tall, some are short, some are smart, some not so much; not all are average and that is not sinful. So if other parts of life can vary, why can't this part, the part that gives us our desire to dress? I just don't accept that it is wrong.

my dressing does consume a lot of time as i do think about it even when i am not dressed

IT consumes a lot of time and resources so its something that requires the correct circumstances but almost every night just pajamas tho. do to the time constraint and that its hard to get it out I rarely apply makeup or go all out with out the weekend being planed around that and my close friends know that look of wig hair once i take it off. XD .. for now tho its just exploit the time when opportunitys arise. be secure means organised and organised is fast.
    ''Wits are sure to madness near allied, and thin partitions do the bounds divide''

For me, crossdressing was at times an addictive behavior. I wasted a lot of time with it, and likewise a lot of energy that could have gone into, if nothing else, attention given to an opposite-sex spouse. And it led to the end of my first marriage. So I decided to try giving it up, to see if I could get along without something that even I, a crossdresser myself, looked on as some kind of a weird fetish. I still craved it sometimes, but I found a wonderful wife who gave me enough good stuff sexually so that I didn't need to seek out what had given me so many guilty pleasures for so many years. I recognize that it's a part of me, but now it's just in a fantasy-pleasure place in my mind, and I am able to enjoy it in my imagination without spending the time and money that I used to spend on acting it out. I'm happier with this kind of balance in my life.

When I was younger it was a constant obsession.

I think it is the case with most of us.

It was certainly time consuming as there were many opportunities to go out with others that I missed because of my obsession.

About eighteen I was able to go out with my girlfriend and her friends dressed as a girl and this really opened up my horizons for a few years.

Then I got married and I had to start all over again.

Do I have any regrets?

No!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.