Thread: step forward with my wife

Aspiring Member

step forward with my wife

My wife tolerates my dressing, as long a she doesn't have to see me. The other day my wife was doing some spring cleaning, and found a necklace and earring set. She asked me if I was interested in it. Of course, I just cant pierce my ears for the earrings. (She knows I have no desire to pierce my ears.) A small step forward.
    Saara

Oh you really should get them done! No comparison!

There are some simple modifications you can make to use pierced earrings on non-pierced ears. Search Heidi Phox and she has a section on exactly that. BTW Heidi is one of the most beautiful Cd'ers on the planet and has many amazing transformation videos and stories about her experiences.

my wife tolerates my dressing but doesnt like seeing me as rebbecca.she still cant get her head around my alter ego and it has been a while since i revealed rebbecca to her

Aspiring Member
    My wife still has a hard time understanding why I like to dress. She does understand that this is something I have done since I was 4or5 and is part of my life,
    Sara

Banned Read only
    Sara66,

Nice gesture , don't refuse she may not offer again .

I'm not concerned about pierced ears, it's not something I consider a CDers essential , I love earrings and clippons work fine for me. I do have a thing about nice necklaces, I just can't stop buying them, they can have a huge impact with the right dress or top.

Aspiring Member
    I have found that one important step with the wife's tolerance is simply trying to understand why I crossdress. She used to imagine that it was a sexual fetish, or that it signaled that I wasn't satisfied with her. Over the years she has learned that my brain is hardwired to release feel-good neurotransmitters when I crossdress. It is just the way I developed from childhood. She doesn't completely accept my crossdressing and I do have to limit myself to fit in with her tolerances, but both of our needs are being satisfied.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    shopping.jpg
    These can be found at jo anne fabric for $3.00
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Aspiring Member
    Thanks Kelly.
    I will have to check that out.
    Sara

Banned Read only
    Had lip, tongue and eyebrow at different times. Tongue lasted about 6 months before I chopped a tooth and it was gone.

Had 2 in one ear for one day when I was a kid. Hated it. Bare the scars of trend for the rest of my life. Never copied anyone since.

Each to their own though. Probs avoid drunk tattoos.

Cool. Sometimes those little gestures can mean the world. For my one year sober anniversary my wife came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I'm not the crying type, but it was an emotional day for me already. I did get a bit leaky in the eyes when she did that.

It's a struggle for her to accept it all, but a month or so ago she was clearing out some old clothes , boxing them for the salvation army. She told me about the box and suggested I go through it before she took it to them.... big steps for her, and I'm sure what yours did was definitely a big step.

It's these (small to some) gestures that make a world of difference in a recipients eyes, while not exactly on board with our being a CDer they show that we ARE loved and they are thinking of both sides of our own self. Enjoy the feeling, I know that when it happens to me I do and like gender mutt can get emotional
    feel good and enjoy the glow
    gina

These little things all help in every day discussion, the more they are brought up the less weird they seem in every day activities.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Oh you really should get them done! No comparison!
    I have to agree with Micki even though I don't have mine done. Pierced ears would make things a whole lot easier and open a whole new world to accessorizing. I do pretty good with converters but the small ones are a no go and I have been giving them all to my SO. She has a pretty nice collection now
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

My wife accepts my dressing, but for the most part does not want to see me dressed. There are times when we are together at home when I am dressed, but she does not nake direct eye contact. But, she has given me ear rins and other jewlery that she does not want and has had ear rings made for me. I have had pierced ears for many years now. No one cares as it is now very common. Go for it because it opens doors to your dressing and you will love the feeling.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Alice;

I'm really NOT being critical, but that's so surreal. I could not imagine how you can sit in the same room as someone else and not occasionally make eye contact. Does she move or blink ? The rest is great that she give you these tokens of affection. Thats really cool.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I agree with Alice! I had my ears pierced just a little over a year ago. For me it was scary because I knew it couldn't be undone. Once it was done, I just "knew" everyone was looking!

What I discovered is that not a single person has commented, positively or negatively, since I had them pierced. I think it is so commonplace that most people don't notice.

I have gotten comments from shoes or pants I have worn while in male mode, always from bored teenagers, but not a single comment about pierced ears. One has the upside of having so many choices available while having virtually no downside (once healed).

Sami

Always count your blessings as a wife's journey into cd land is so unnerving for both husband & wife. Enjoy your progress.

Kelly,

It is not that she snubs me, but is a bit uncomfortable with me dressing in front of her, although she fully understands and accepts it. She will hold a conversation with me and occasional make full eye contact, but for the most part would rather not. I'm Ok with it and can dress when I want and can go out if I want. It is a strange alliance, but far better than many oters have.

Quote Originally Posted by sara66 View Post
    My wife tolerates my dressing, as long a she doesn't have to see me. The other day my wife was doing some spring cleaning, and found a necklace and earring set. She asked me if I was interested in it. Of course, I just cant pierce my ears for the earrings. (She knows I have no desire to pierce my ears.) A small step forward.
    Saara
    My wife does the same thing when she cleans out her heel collection :-)

Sara,

Its always nice to hear stories like yours. Count your blessings and keep your wife's feelings in the forefront. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.