Thread: Hobbies

Hobbies

Many of you are woodworkers. Perhaps this will inspire you to combine your interests. Sitting may be difficult unless there are hinges in the back. My attempt to make a pair of heels led to some good kindling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I tried to make heels when I was about 16. Finding heels in any size over 10 without the embarrassment of buying them was just about impossible.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

So many questions, how do you put it on?, what holds it together and most important what does it weigh?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow that took some real talent I'm impressed.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Impressive piece of work, doesn't look very comfortable though!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

That is impressive. Don't quite know how it goes together and wow sitting. The look though is awesome.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Sports photography, working out in the gym, researching sports facts for betting on college and pro football games, shopping, cross dressing, public speaking, and spending much quality time with my wife.

I have fun and laugh with each one of the hobbies listed above! I really have what Jimmy Stewart would say "A Wonderful Life".

Thanks for asking about my hobbies and look forward to reading about yours!

XOXOXO Scarlett

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I put a lot of my own costumes and outfits together from my thrifts store collections. Laura.

But, as for your posted pic? I wooden go there------------
    P1130897 (640x579) (2).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Splinters could become a problem after extensive wear. In a wetter climate a termite problem might surface. Woodpeckers and squirrels wanting to build nest would be unwanted guest at a social gathering.

Laura, just a little humor their. Yeah, I know---very little. However, I do know Laura is very professional in any hobby she has.

Banned Spammer
    Building guitars is one of my hobbies.
    This one one set I called ying yang.
    The tele model was for the country/traditional player and the star shape was for the all out metal rock & roller type.
    Both painted in 1950's Fender shell pink color.
    Both guitars I sold and they are gigging to this day in the hands of professional musicians.

Aspiring Member
    Very creative and interesting! Applause to Laura912!

One of my talents and hobbies is drawing. Many ideas come from meditation. In retirement I am making it a priority to sit down and create once a week or so.

I fly fish while in Colorado. Motorcycle riding is a passion. So is volunteer dog walking and helping the local adoption system function. Cooking is another and my wife and I often work together in the kitchen.

Hobbies? Too many, but if I had to pick one or two, it would be woodworking and building my own audio gear. I am far from a master craftsman with saw and square, but I can do a credible job on almost any household repair or remodel. And I've merged to two hobbies and built my own speaker cabinets many times. Not long ago, I started building my own amplifiers. My pride and joy is single ended triode tube amp. Built as an experiment to satisfy for myself what all the audiophile snobbery over tube amps was, it made me an instant convert. So yeah, OK, listening to well recorded music is also a love. Genre matters almost not at all. If it's well done, it's a joy to listen to.

Banned Spammer
    Kelly this might interest you its essentially a 50's style tweed (think Fender) guitar amp.
    The chassis and parts are all from an old Hammond organ pre amp.Powered by a 6V6 tube.
    Put the chassis in a 1930's Crosley table top radio.
    Its only 4 watts but plug a guitar in and the tone is super nice. I have it plugged into a Marshall 4X12 cab at the moment.

Nice work here by many.
    I never thought about making heels however I have thought about making sandals like the Dr. Scholl's. They were popular in the 70s. You can still buy them today but nothing larger than size 11.

http://www.drschollsshoes.com/en-US/...ic+Sandal.aspx

O H MY GOSH. Have you seen that show. " World of wearable art ". It is so fantastic all the clothing on display. It was at the EMP Museum in Seattle, now called Mo Pop museum. I wish I had more pictures. That dress you show was in the show.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

In the rare cases when I have time, I like to make silver jewelry. My sizes are large, so it gives me a chance to make something that fits.

Most of my free time is spent either walking for exercise or working on the house to ready it for sale. The goal is to move into a city large enough to go out dressed with lower odds of seeing someone I know. My current town is too small for regular outings. Wouldn't mind being able to meet with others socially as well. So remodeling is very high on my list.

my hobbies consist of golf, riding 4-wheelers and flying radio-controlled airplanes. none of which I can do dressed.
    however for the last couple of months I've been going skating on family night with my daughter. I have learned to skate way better than I did when I was a teenager. the other day I wore all girl clothes but was not dressed as a girl. no one really seemed to notice. I had on American Eagle artist jeans with a women's t-shirt top. some of my friends said I was very stylish looking. Lol

Way before I could find shoes in my size, I owned a nice band saw. So, I carefully sliced out a pair of platform high heeled shoes with a sort of solid bottom (no cut out in the bottom between the front of the sole and the heel, so it wouldn't crack apart). Downfall, was I didn't have the skill (or the material) to make the leather straps that I would need for the upper parts. So I wound up throwing the base parts away.
    Hobbies, model trains, real trainfanning, watching auto racing, flight sims, watching lots of movies (love old theaters), teaching my parrots tricks and just playing with them. Used to ride a motorcycle, but my knees gave out. So, now all my 'rides' are in my car.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    ...50's style tweed (think Fender) guitar amp.
    The chassis and parts are all from an old Hammond organ pre amp.Powered by a 6V6 tube.
    Put the chassis in a 1930's Crosley table top radio.
    Its only 4 watts but plug a guitar in and the tone is super nice. I have it plugged into a Marshall 4X12 cab at the moment.
    I love it when you talk dirty. And pictures too! LOL

WOW that awesome. And I'm a woodworker. Tried heels once and soon gave up on that.
    Angie

At least five people so far have tried to make heels. Sure is nice now to walk in and buy a pair. Beats two slabs of wood tied on with rope!

Aspiring Member
    I would love to try making something like that. That is right in my wheelhouse. Unfortunately my wife has a list a mile ling of things I need to make first.
    Sara

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Personaly I'm going to let those pass me buy. I'll stick to the more traditional & comfortable.

Banned Read only
    I thought the moderator said yesterday this was to be related to cross dressing? Changed her mind? Oh, that was a thread about sports. OK, I do have more traditional hobbies; coin and stamp collecting, building military models. I also have a collection of over 425 full slips. Maybe that's not collecting but a compulsive disorder. Psychotherapy needed?
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 05-15-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Brain freeze