Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How high is too high?

April...I agree...the sound of the heels is sexy in it self.....I have had some cocktails and have to watch what I say........

I still remember the first time I wore high heels (5 inch). I wondered how women did it since I could barely stand in them but it didn't take long for 5 inch heels feel perfectly natural and comfortable.

I think a lot of it has to do with the angle from the heel to the sole. I have two pairs of 6 1/2 inch heels (no platform). I can walk fairly easily in one pair but can't manage more than a few steps in the other pair. The difference is the angle is steeper on the ones I can't walk in. A good example of this is how easy it is to walk in my 6 inch heels with a 2 inch platform. These only tilt the foot at an angle equal to a 4 inch single sole shoe. I just wish I could master those red 7 inch heel pumps because they look SO hot...

Sierracd6 is right the sound of 5" heels is as sexy as they look. I find that wearing a 5" heel improves my posture so I carry myself more like a woman both while walking or standing. My wife says it adds swivel to my hips when walking. Right now we both are trying to master stairs in 5" heels. hahaha...

Can walk around in my 4" stiletto heels all day and just love going out and about wearing them. Find them easy to walk in and they make my seamed stockinged legs look great.

caroline
    x

Never high enough,to the moon!
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Wink

I'm with the flow on this one - I'm generally a size 10, and 3 inches is spot on for me - high enough to improve my legs and skirt but not so high that I can't walk in reasonable comfort.

Interesting thread. I have a thing for very high heels. My lowest is 4", they're very comfortable and I can walk in those all day. I now have two pairs of 5" heels and they are my favs. I have no problems walking in these. My 6 inchers (actually 6.5") aren't as easy to walk in. They don't seem to fit me that well so I'm looking for a better fitting pair. So to quote Aubrey, "Never high enough,to the moon!"

Quote Originally Posted by KarynCD
    If you want to pass, don't go higher than 3 1/2" when you are out
    You're right that tall heels will get more looks, but tall stilettos are coming back into fashion. My 25 year old neice wore black stilettos to a funeral the other day and I would guess they were at least 4.5". They looked great. She's a hottie, so I'm sure she doesn't mind being looked at.

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar
    Up until the fall I had only worn 3 1/2 inch heels and they looked and felt great. Then I bought a pair of 5 inch black patent heels, and boy do they ever look sexy. Unfortunately they are not practical to wear anywhere even as part of a costume, because my calf muscles cramp up everytime I walk in them for more than 10 minutes. Plus they are about 1 size to big, so I'm thinking about selling them and sticking to a max of 3 1/2.

Have worn some 4 inch plus stiletto thigh boots. Very sexy but not exactly practical, I loved having them on though.

Still as has been said already the sound of high heels is exy in itself !

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile

my shoes are mostly 3 inches but i have two pair in 4 inch ,and wqalking in new york city in heels is an experience

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    My shoes range from flats to about 3", and most of them are 2" to 3" heels. I usually wear some kind of heel because I'm so short. I've never tried to wear more than a 3" heel, but I figure you can adjust to it if the need arose. I try to avoid flats because I wear a size 9 shoe and flats make my feet look bigger than they already are!
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

I haven't bought shoes - or boots - yet, but intend to in the not too distant future and have a 3" heel in mind. Now bear with me if this is a dumb question, but can anyone tell me if there is a corelation between men's and women's sizes, and if so, what is it? (I am a US 11)

-Alex

No more than 3" for me. I'm 6'1" in my sstocking feet. so I best not be any higher!!!!!!!

All I own is 5" heels.....Just like anything...practice, practice, practice....I srill take my time on stairs, just to be on the safe side.....You'll get it soon, and it will feel as natural as wearing a bra.............good luck hun

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    Although I have two pairs of heels, for regular out and about, i don't wear heels. Mostly thong sandals or sneakers.