Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How high is too high?

How high is too high?

What heel hight do you find to be the best compromise between sexy and wearability? I just bought a pair of 5 inch pumps that have my wife fearing for my safety, but my my they do look nice!

About 3 and 1/2 inches look cute. They are easier to walk in than really high heels.

I have

some 5 inch heels and have yet to fall down or any other serious injuries.

Susan

Take a look at what GGs wear - not too many are in 5" pumps! I agree - I think around 3" is about right. Anything higher is starting to get into a more fetish type area (not that there is anything wrong with that!!)

Janelle

Banned Read only
    I can walk for miles in 3" heels, and not be noticed too much. Anything higher is uncomfortable, and makes you look like a hooker.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Three inchers feel high enough to go out with, providing they are real sharp. Four I like but...
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

I generally will go no higher than 4", and I think that 3 1/2 is sufficiently elegant for most occasions. Any higher than that, and I think they start to look like fetish shoes or something that a hooker would wear. That's just not for me. I try to emulate an everyday professional career woman when I dress, as long as that career isn't located on some street corner.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

3" to 3 1/2"

I started with 2" heels. Now I'm comfortable with 3 1/2".
    You can also try with a bigger heel base to be more stable,
    then try the thin ones like the stilettos.

Of course stilettos will make u look SEXY !

lisa.
    My Mother wanted a daughter.....i am her.

4 inches seems to me

to be about the max for an evening out or any extended wear. Like most of the girls say 3 inch heels are easy to wear0.02

4 inch is very comfortable as far as I'm concerned, but like most of the girls seem to echo, 3 1/2 inch stilleto heels make a great combination of sexy, comfortable, feminine, delicate and most importantly, well-balanced.

Personally I would think 5 is great for photographs and glamour shots, for regular wear or club wear though, would seem like a bit of a stretch.

Love,
    Sonia

Well I kicked off my 3" heels about two minutes ago. Been in them since 7.30am and though they aren't screaming in agony, my feet aren't what you'd call comfy. I tend to do a day in heels then flats, to give them a break. Any higher I couldn't do a full day in without sitting down at some point, no way. Mind you, I'm a lab tech, sexy doesn't really enter into it.

3" to 4"

i find that I can wear them for several hours. I only wear higher one for special occasions.

I'd say it depends on the shoe size, a 3" heel in a size 9 looks higher than a 3" heel in a size 11. It all depends on the length, the smaller the shoe, the closer the heel, hence the illusion of it being higher.

4" are my choice for sexy looking heels. Any higher, without a platform are too uncomfortable to me, and get into the "Goth/Fetish" look, which I try to avoid.

Banned Read only

In my opinion

and it is just me no heel is too high. i can walk in 7+ inch heel ballet boots and shoes but then again i have cultivated this over my life

i know i'm weird but then again i am addicted to high heels:cheeky:

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar
    I can do 4 or 4.5 inch all day, without any trouble, but it does depend on the shoe. I find boots much easier to walk in than shoes of the same heel height. I have 6 inch heeled boots, but though I wore them a lot about 10 years ago, I don't get the practice these days.

To pick up on the idea of heel heights and shoe sizes, I think the illusion of height is created by the shape of the 'arch' of the shoe. Even a 3" heel can look magnificent if the shoe has the right shape. (and I know, I've looked at millions by now!!) and a 5 inch heel can seem low if the sole has no curve to it.
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

I'm already 6' in bare feet, so when out, 2" is about as high as I feel I can go; then again, when I don't care if anyone reads me, the sky's the limit! I love heels (of course) but practicality usually has to rule.

3 inches are ideal, I can manage 4, I have one pair of 5's that are an adventure so far.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

heel heigth

With a larger foot (11.5 womans) the proportion effect of the heel changes for those with larger feet need a higher heel for the same effect.
    So, I wear 4" for walking but a 5" in the bedroom....lol

Fortunately I've smallish feet and a 9w is real comfortable with my 2" heels. Am trying 3" when I find some nice looking ones cheap.

I guess I'm a platform lover all the way around, because I can wear a 6" heel with no more trouble than a 4" one when I have on something like THIS. A lot of platform sandals look like stripper shoes, but the knotted ankle strap style can go nicely with dressy outfits too.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    For me personally, I would say it depends on what I'm doing and where I'm going.

If I think about what I know I can actually walk in, then 5" is the max for me. I have trouble walking elegantly in anything higher. If I'm staying at home having fun playing dress up then again 4" or 5" is what I wear. If however I'm going out in public en femme then I never go over about 2 1/2 inches.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Darling
    For me personally, I would say it depends on what I'm doing and where I'm going.

If I think about what I know I can actually walk in, then 5" is the max for me. I have trouble walking elegantly in anything higher. If I'm staying at home having fun playing dress up then again 4" or 5" is what I wear. If however I'm going out in public en femme then I never go over about 2 1/2 inches.

2 1/2 to 2 3/4 is about it for me.

I'll have to agree with the rest of the ladies here.
    3-3 1/2" are easy on the tootsies especially in a size 12-13.
    Now given that the consideration, a 4" is great for a larger size foot because it is as a 3" is to one three sizes smaller. 5" is nice for photos and the bedroom or just an exhilerating dress up time, but please girl, the emergency room gets enough sprained ankles, weird stories and what not. So they don't need any of us explaining how we were hailing a cab and broke a 5" heel off in a storm grate, sprained our ankle, ripped my good hose, and lost my best lipstick when my purse hit the pavemen...... Oh NEVERMIND!

-Valerie
    -Valerie

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    I generally wear 3" or 4" although I have some higher with a platform so the heel to ball height is only 4" or so.

I prefer 3 inch heels and 2 inchs also I like flats.