Thread: Came out to a close friend.

Came out to a close friend.

I had felt the urge to talk to a gg friend about dressing recently, and after a great chat about everything under the sun, i discovered i had to open up, but really couldnt bring myself to say it, just felt the burning desire to come clean.
    After some persuasion i managed to say it, and it really wasnt that bad, i initially thought i had screwed up but after a chat i now feel a lot better.
    Took some time to stop shaking though, even an hour later.
    Got to say though, it was terrifying!

The friendship is the same as before, Thank god for close friends.

Hi Kym,
    What a fantastic outcome!
    It's never easy to come out to someone but the relief once you have been able to open up is amazing and if that person is supportive then that is so much better.
    You are lucky to have such a good friend. Hopefully your other friends/family will be as supportive if you decide to tell them.
    Best wishes, Nic
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I'm glad it went well for you and I hope you feel better for sharing.
    I know that some members here have shared their secret and found that the confidant was untrustworthy. I hope that is not the case with you.

That's awesome and as CONSUELO said hopefully she proves to be a trustworthy friend. I've been wanting to share with a GG friend but just haven't mustered up the courage yet.

I came out to a female friend, initially it was fine but i got caught up in the moment and told/showed her too much, she really wasnt that interested, i fear i over stepped the mark and kind of scared her away.
    Don't fall into the same trap, as nice as it may seem to share, its your personal thing and she may not be that interested.

What a nice result! I wish all the time I had some one I could let me secret out too

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Well done Kym, that's fantastic. That's real progress.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Thanks. Its been bottled up for years, and its still sinking in that i have actually told her, Lets just say it was scary.
    In fact it still is.

It is good to be honest with our friends! If there are no negative consequences, why are you still scared? Best wishes for everything being good! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I think gender issues are a hot button space for people, so they understand intuitively that some of us can be affected by it. They want to know whether we are ok with ourselves, how we are planning on integrating or growing or whatever. People are just like us, they want to know whether they are being recruited into a secret, or whether you are trusting them with an unresolved issue, or whether this is the first of a series of progressive changes that ... - so the more we can process it into -This is how I am going to live from now on the better.
    We are all beautiful...!

Lana Mae, i couldn't honestly say why i still find it scary, perhaps because no one else knows?
    I appear, apparently, to be a mans man, and much as i don't care what people think, its a new experience for me.
    I Have always kept it to myself.
    Its a 50/50 thing, feels great but also is very worrying.

Kym
    It is so great that you where able to come out to a dear friend.
    I do hope that she shows loyalty to you and not share with others.
    Take a deep breath and say well done.

Leann

That's so awesome! Up until a few weeks ago the only person that knew about me dressing was a friend who knew from a couple years back because we cosplay together. Last month I told my friend from college who I talk too about more personal matters. It was terrifying to say out loud, but similar to your friend she was very accepting and supportive and even asked to see photos. Glad to hear other people are getting positive reactions from their friends.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Well done Kym,hope this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship