Thread: How do I approach this?

How do I approach this?

I love that my husband crossdresses, and I enjoy going out with him. Lately though, it's been all he thinks about, says and does..... To the point our kids spend every weekend and more with a family member. Now there is some back info that might help.
    We live in an RV at a park with out 3 kids in only 31 ft of space. In August we are moving into a home owned by our church. The pastor of our church is also my husband's boss. So as of August we will have no time for his cd'ing. I get that he knows this is a bit much and it's only for a short time. But I feel guilty letting it go this far and then he will have to go back into hiding a great deal.

I guess I'm confused, guilty, and feel like I'm putting my kids off.i know they (kids) enjoy being at the family members home, lots of space(5 bedroom home). And it's not like we don't visit them before we spend our time. It's also less stressful there for them.

Am I overthinking it?

Aspiring Member
    I say since there's an allotted time and the kids are in goods hands then IMO he maybe should do it while he can.

That's what I feel, but then there's that lingering guilt. But then I feel like we deserve this time.

One aspect of cross dressing that I have noticed in myself and from reading the many posts here, is that it can wax and wane. So, talk it over with your husband and tell him about your concerns but also keep in mind that he may not be clear about why it is such an urgent issue right now. In a week or a month it could diminish again. I wish you the best and applaud you for being so supportive.

I would let him dress for now and once you are in the house and he must curtail his CDing, have something special with the kids(children)! Maybe just a backyard cook out, but something special for them! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I think he has to be thoughtful of his time with the kids, his time as your husband and then of course CDing. There must be a balance otherwise there could be resentment. He is ducky to have you for sure.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki1983 View Post
    I love that my husband crossdresses, and I enjoy going out with him. Lately though, it's been all he thinks about, says and does..... To the point our kids spend every weekend and more with a family member. Now there is some back info that might help.
    We live in an RV at a park with out 3 kids in only 31 ft of space. In August we are moving into a home owned by our church. The pastor of our church is also my husband's boss. So as of August we will have no time for his cd'ing. I get that he knows this is a bit much and it's only for a short time. But I feel guilty letting it go this far and then he will have to go back into hiding a great deal.

I guess I'm confused, guilty, and feel like I'm putting my kids off.i know they (kids) enjoy being at the family members home, lots of space(5 bedroom home). And it's not like we don't visit them before we spend our time. It's also less stressful there for them.

Am I overthinking it?
    Hi Nikki, your husbands dressing might decrease a little. he probably needs it now because he didn't do it for a long time, just guessing. my wife knows about my crossdressing very well. We found an agreement, that I can do it when I travel, far away from home. My wife is very
    concerned that someone could see me near our hometown, that works for me well.

Talking with your husband and communication is very very important, talk and try to understand as much as possible and set your rules for him.
    Don't feel guilty, it's not your fault that he is a CD.
    Find a solution with your kids - they don't need to know.
    Your husband did not choose to be a crossdresser, it happens with men and there is no real explanation for it.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Your over thinking this one hon. It's sounds like he has a job because he has a boss and second he provides. Taking sometime off from the kids is not a bad idea one day out of the week, cool. So don't worry ,be happy.
    Ciao darling.

Imho the kids are missing out on time with their parents. There are only so many weekends before they grow up and are out of the house. If you as a mom instinctually feel that there's a problem and that you're not spending enough time with them, there's a pretty good chance that it could be true.

Banned Read only
    "Am I overthinking it?" would suggest to me you're not overthinking it otherwise you would not have asked the question. If two adults and three kids are confined to a 31 foot RV that would drive anyone nuts, crossdressing or not. I'd think the relatives who are taking in the kids right now are viewing it as an avenue to relief from a stressful situation. It is also a bonus that it gives your husband time for his activities. But, if cross dressing is all he wants to do with an abundance of private time that would be an issue. Ignoring a spouse's feelings and desires is not the way to go. I would not bite my tongue for two to three months so he can be hold up in an RV en femme and do nothing else.