Thread: Saw one of us,in A grocery store today.

Saw one of us,in A grocery store today.

I notice almost every person when shopping. The first thing i noticed in this person, was the long beached blonde type hair, and how it covered most of the face, then, the legs, and broad shoulders, and the arms, and small tush. I did not try to talk , but just went on shopping, and people watching. The person was quite short, and stocky. Not super tall like me. i am easier to out!! i was in drab.

It's funny if I'm just not paying attention, but I never see any of us. My wife always says if I was to dress in public I would be the only one she would ever see. She asked me where are all my friends, hidding or are they that passable or we just aren't paying attention.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Maria, if you go to a mall and just people watch you will notice nearly everyone is so into what they are doing or on their phones to pay much attention. I think it's actually easy to go about unnoticed most of the time even if I am a bit tall.
    I try and blend my presentation and do my best to mimic female mannierisums and most never pay me any attention.

I've seen a few sisters around town, on worked at the library; the other shopping at the co-op.

If u see me out and about say hi. I don't dress to blend. REALLY WHY. Stand out get noticed. It's more fun to be and hang out with the popular girls. But if you don't feel comfortable talking to the public I wouldn't advise this. People come up and talk to me all the time. And sometimes we become friends. What can I say It's My Life. Just get out and live yours.

Alice! how dare you out me like that!
    ..... just kidding dear.
    If you see me, PLEASE introduce yourself. Say something nice about my outfit. Maybe swap a recipe.
    I just returned from the grocery store here. [Every day casual look; no stockings, sandals, light make up].
    EC Every Day Look w green top -FC.jpeg

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    . I think it's actually easy to go about unnoticed most of the time even if I am a bit tall.
    Leigh,
    Sometimes I think I could go about naked and not draw a stare. There's been moments in my Going Out Adventures (and doing every day life things), I was silently begging for someone to visibly notice me. It was like I was invisible; and for now perhaps all for the better. Thankfully, most of the people I encounter or pass in public when I'm out don't notice and don't care. They keep to their own business. BTW, I'm a natural 6'3" and do wear heels. I'm not hiding nor fooling very many people.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Went to Zaxby's chicken a little while ago and the person that waited on me looked like a trans man but I just couldn't tell LOLOL
    Looked like a girl in the face with just a hint of hair growth on the upper lip area.
    When they turned around the figure was deff female hips and tiny waist.
    Imagine me being confused ha ha ha.
    But then again I confuse people so to that person touche' because you got me LOL.

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    Same old story get the wig wrong and it's a giveaway , I Ilene has it right it works very well, I tend to have more of a fringe to soften the larger male forehead , maybe I'm a little too concerned over that feature .

I may have seen a few sisters out and about in the wild. I just go on about my business and leave them alone to go about theirs! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

On the night of our recent GNO, I was at the supermarket (en drab) picking up the snacks and spotted "one of us". From the back it was easy enough - almost six feet tall, strawberry blond wig, appropriate dress, but it was the arms that gave her away, but apparently only to me. I wouldn't make a sister uncomfortable by approaching, especially since she seemed a little too intent on considering the pre-packaged meat products in the case before her. I mean, I thought I could see the wheels turning. It's a crowded corner of the store and she was trapped, knowing that she would soon have to turn and face at least some of the crowd as she moved on. I hovered, an aisle away, just in case, but soon found myself watching everyone around her. No gape-mouthed stares, no whispering, no furtive glances. She was blending beautifully. Just another lady shopping for corned beef, and the impatient shoppers just squeezing around her as she finally turned away.

On another day, I'd have shadowed her longer, fascinated by seeing the phenomenon we talk about so plainly displayed, but I was already late. So I hustled off to finish my shopping, with smile on my face from seeing something like that played out before me. It's true. Dress and comport yourself like you belong and people will, almost always, accept.

I live in a gayborhood, at least until my house is completed, and I see sisters all the time. I also see sisters on the Metro (subway, tube, etc.) as well. No matter what my first reaction is to think, good for them.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

As far as I know, I've only seen two of us out and about in my life: once in nearby mall, and once at a street festival when I was living in Baltimore. If it weren't such a rare occurrence, I probably would've gotten over my own shyness and started getting out much sooner myself. Let's get out there and represent, folks!

My wife is much better at spotting crossdressers in public. Despite this, she is always telling me I am more observant than she. Go figure!

I was on holiday in a market town in northern England recently. They had a 1940s celebration weekend. I spotted a sister calmly walking through the crowd. She had a great outfit that fitted the occasion perfectly. Unfortunately, as Teresa pointed out, her wig was markedly different from the rest of the style, which is why I noticed her.
    If that was you and you're reading this please don't take it as criticism, you looked great and I remember thinking how brave you were being there in a quite unique environment.
    A good learning point for this newbie about the importance of the wig, thank you.

Stacey

Around here I have found it varies with the neighborhood. I don't go to malls much, but in some neighborhoods grocery stores and other places seem to have an abundance of trans people of various types and sizes. In other neighborhoods it is like searching for diamonds. Of course, there are reasons for that. But we are in fact everywhere. There is one of us who worked at a Home Depot nearby and it was hard to tell unless there was a conversation. Fine woman she was and a great SA. Among the fully transitioned folks I have met most can be told that they are not GG's, but with a few I would challenge anyone to tell that they have Y chromosome. So, what we see are not those. We see the ones that because of one thing or another still show the signs of that dastardly chromosome having done its job well.

Holy cow, Ilene, you look fabulous. I'm an very impressed and with you being so tall you are just stunning. I am so happy for you.

Reality Check
    I saw what was apparently a transsexual at a beauty school near my home. She was a student but didn't work on me. I say "transsexual" because she had a beautiful rack (that she was showing off) but was six feet tall and had a prominent adams apple.

Other than that, I have never knowingly seen a crossdresser (except for my own reflection in a store window) in public in my area or where I used to live. Either they are passing really well or they are staying out of sight.

BTW: If I did see one, I wouldn't treat her any differently than I would treat a woman that I didn't know. I certainly wouldn't walk up to her and try to start a conversation.

I also saw another person, this time a GG, who was about six feet tall, statuesque, in a knee length blue dress. At first i wondered if it was another one, but, alas, she had too many reall GG atributes, and was likely in her 60's, a tall, strong older farm wife, no doubt! Would like to meet one just like her.

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    It's funny how things can change, before going out socially I had seen two TGs, on my fist night out I walked into a room with about 40, It did feel like coming home !

Recently I walked through a busy hotel and also attended a LGBTG pride week to represent our group to the TG community , I was just thinking while reading this thread how many people were saying the same thing about me ? I'm not too concerned no one has been difficult or said anything hurtful .

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I find that one of the biggest give away's is being over dressed for the occasion. Women usually don't get dressed up to go shopping. Looking like Saturday night at the night club in Walmart just doesn't add up. Some one who is standing out in the crowd either wants the attention, or is using the opportunity go out dressed because that is there only time they can get dressed up and go out. Blending in takes the obvious away, men will away's see a skirt and legs, it's just who they are.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

So right, Gillian. We all know girls who don't care about passing or blending, and that's fine, truly. Just don't wonder why folks point and stare. How we dress makes a statement, always. If you don't want attention, make that statement with your appearance. Even if you're read, you'll be treated differently than if your statement "look at me".

I have seen some fellow cross dressers out in public. I was at my local CVS store, and a smartly dressed CD was in front me in the checkout line. I wanted to say something nice to her, but it was busy in the store, and she was so composed and focused on getting through the checkout line. She was wearing a navy blue skirt suit with matching high heels. Very tall, but conservatively dressed to blend in.
    I looked around at the line of shoppers, and I was the only person innocently checking her out. By the way, I was in drab because I am still too chicken to go out in public. It feels so wonderful, and empowering to see a fellow sister out doing her errands as a woman.

Rebecca

I saw a fellow CD'er in the store I work at yesterday. Very nice knee length dress. It took a few seconds to realize but it's easy to spot things when you CD too. I don't think "she" was even trying to pass, no make-up and men's sandals. We talked for a few moments. I do adhere to strict professionalism as an SA. I hope she comes back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]