Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think average non-trans guys ever get curious and try on clothes and make-up

Banned Read only
    I think Teressa's first sentence says a lot, women don't have the trait that CD's are born with; therefore they don't understand why men want to dress in women's clothes and why they want to emulate women and most men don't have it either so they have no desire to try on women's clothing. Also it would diminish their tough marine, macho mind set (yuk). It would be so so nice if women and men knew of this trait CDs are born with and why from early on through out our entire life we want to be part woman. A small percentage might try to understand this desire/need to cross dress but unfortunately the masses think it's sick, perverted or weird. The masses accept all people are all different and we like different foods, entertainment, handling financial, etc. but they can't see that some of us are born to be crossdressers so why isn't that accepted just like accepted different tastes in food, cars, movies, etc.

I think we CDers would really like to know how much of the population we come in contact with everyday would be O.K. with male to female cross dressing from just one piece of clothing to fully dressed, after all it's hurting no one and there are a lot more weardes out there than us.
    DISCLAIMER: Sorry, that doesn't mean we or they are weird, just different like in food.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    Sorry to repeat this story again but when I asked a male SA for a deal in female style glasses he cam out to me over a dressing incident. He said he did it for a party and liked it more than he expected , it had obviously opened up the thoughts in his mind and he did want to take it further but was frightened by the implications . He was so grateful I gave him more information and couldn't believe the picture I showed him.

So what is the hidden number who sit by the side of the pool with one toe in the water ??

As you see from my statement you referred to I didn't say all women, the F/M group must have the same trait but working the other way , I'm assuming it must be the same driving force but does it have any sexual content ?

I've never visited the F/M section but now I've posed this question perhaps I should .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-30-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Do you think average non-trans guys ever get curious and try on clothes and make-up

Yeah, We are now called "Crossdressers"
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Paula:

Unfortunately, asking this question is not unlike asking a straight person what its like to be gay, or vice versa -- we can only surmise what non CD/Trans feel/experience. We'd need a well done poll to get a read on whether genetic males who are non-CD/Trans actually engage in that behavior in appreciable numbers. OUR speculation is just that.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, I have often thought about that too,

When I go into Home Depot I wonder how many of those macho guys are wearing panties or pantyhose......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think for a average guy putting on woman's clothes for a fancy dress party etc would be no different to dressing up in a Superman outfit or as a Fireman.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

In rural New Zealand there has always been the occasional formal dances that allow men to dress fully in women's finery and the women dress as their "men" partners.
    There has never been a problem getting willing participants and some of the couples are really good looking and there is very little joking, everyone is doing their best to show their best impersonation.

Reality Check
    Do you think average non-trans guys ever get curious and try on clothes and make-up
    I am a "non-trans guy" and I wear woman's clothes and makeup nearly every day. I'm probably not average though. "Average non-trans" guys sometimes dress as women for Halloween and I imagine many also try on women's clothes at least once in their lives.

You can't really get an answer to your question on a crossdressing forum. Not a lot of average non-trans guys here.

I would not be surprised to find out that some percentage of boys try on girls clothes when they're young and it has no meaning to them and they forget they ever did it. For others, like us, it strikes a chord and is never forgotten. I do not believe that any cisgender male finds comfort in wearing women's clothing and if they tried it for some reason they wouldn't repeat the exercise (and certainly wouldn't do it often enough to get good at it.) But in the end, it doesn't really matter, does it? Crossdressing is a behavior -- you might do it or you might not but the reasons for either don't change a thing.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    Since "average" on a normal distribution is 50%, and judging from liturature that suggests about 10% (yes debatable) men cross dress some what on a regular basis, my guess is that at least 50% probably try it at least once or twice in their lives. But the % that would be willing to do again takes us back to our 10%.

Make-up may be a little narrower. After all, just pulling on a pair of panties and a bra is pretty easy, and fast on, fast off. Makeup is more trouble, skill and takes time.

I know of or have heard of a few guys who, in their childhood at least, tried on their sisters' or mothers' clothes, especially skirts, because they liked how the clothes looked and complained that why was it that they didn't have them. From what I know they went on to live a "normal" life.

I agree with NancySue and Suzanne. I think a lot of men must have some interest and do some experimenting. There is clearly an interest in crossdressing in the culture, based on movies, incidents and mentions in television shows, and general cultural references. This suggests an interest far more widespread than our core group.
    I love myself in curves!

There are some things that just do not interest people, and they are many and varied, and I'm sure that crossdressing is among that list for some people.
    I know another male, when the topic of crossdressing comes up, just says "that's just disgusting".
    Each to their own, although a bit of understanding from both sides, on many different issues, is always a good thing.

I say this often, that which is a burning flame in people like us smolders in the hearts of standard men...

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I think for a average guy putting on woman's clothes for a fancy dress party etc would be no different to dressing up in a Superman outfit or as a Fireman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I am a "non-trans guy" and I wear woman's clothes and makeup nearly every day. I'm probably not average though. "Average non-trans" guys sometimes dress as women for Halloween and I imagine many also try on women's clothes at least once in their lives.

You can't really get an answer to your question on a crossdressing forum. Not a lot of average non-trans guys here.
    Exactly. And when 'regular guys' DO dress up for that sort of thing, it's not done to be authentic of course, either. They do it to be a cartoon, or a caricature . So, it's pantyhose over jockeys and unshaven legs, ridiculously huge bras with water balloons, garishly applied makeup and the like.

There was a member on here some years ago, who told a story about how she went to a Hallowe'en party dressed authentically as a 50s girl, complete with crinoline, was fully tucked with retro panties, garter belt, stockings, carefully applied makeup, bra with breast forms etc. It was her worst mistake, since she looked so authentic, that when friends discovered who she was (after they got drunk of course) they became suspicious, and pulled up her dress to reveal everything. She wasn't out to anyone before that, but certainly was afterwards.

I don't think there's very many guys out there who would dress as a woman other than for a joke.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Banned Read only
    Based on the reviews of panties at department store websites I'd say there are plenty of men who routinely try on panties. The rest? It would take a lot of effort to assemble a wardrobe other than for Halloween party or charity event. Too many guys are so uptight about their masculinity they will not even entertain a little bedroom play. My first experience wearing my mother's full slips had zero sexual motivation. I just liked the feel of nylon. Of course, when puberty started to arise some degree of sexuality something in my DNA clicked.

I often wonder about the comment made concerning a CDer getting too dolled up at Halloween and self 'outed' or it was assumed he was a crossdresser. My father-in-law wore a dress and a wig to a Halloween function at the local Eagles Club. He had a great time because his girl friend was with him. He did it as a joke. He was not at all convincing. One of my former bosses dolled her husband up at Halloween in one of her full length prom dresses and heels and wig. I knew him and he was at least short enough to not draw attention. The women in the office really wanted to know whether or not he was convincing. I think men who are confident in their sexual relationships are more apt to give it a whirl or is that twirl?