Thread: Who has purchased prescription glasses with fem frames?

Question Who has purchased prescription glasses with fem frames?

When I flew and had to wear prescription lenses, I bought an extra pair in a fem style frame. The ordering assistant looked at my request and asked if I really wanted that style. I said yes and got them in a week or so and would wear them at times while dressed.

Maybe I should have got contacts, but the lense was ground for far, mid & near focus.

Nowadays my vision has changed some (for the better) and I only need the grannie style reading glasses. They seem unisex, so they don't apply.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

GypsyKaren
    Hi Barbie

I'm going next month to get femme frames, and I can't wait. I'm just waiting for my insurance wait to end. I tried contacts, oh geez, what a disaster! I had to wrestle them to the ground in order to get them in, and they usually won, so I gave up.

Karen

I did and got the same double take reaction. I wanted a pair for both my fem and my male personas.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    I am blind as a bat without my galsses. It has been hard going out fem with my very massculine frames. I cant wear contacts so last week I bit the bullet and got a fem pair of frames. AAt the store I decided to try to avoid all the questions and told the guy doing the fittings that I knew what I was doing and it was best if he didnt ask Questions. He seemed fine with that and we proceded to have a good fitting sesssion.

I must say that having the fem frames improves my confidence in going out. Not having the big masculine frames is one less thing to help me getting clocked in public. Now if I could just manage to shrink about four inches off my height.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow's my big Day 5:20 Et can't wait. We did acouple of looks on line this weekend so we have an idea what to look at, And Sage use to be in the business so thats a big help.
    Karen I did my deal with Contacts Too when in the Fire Service, What A Pain in more ways than one.

Wish Me luck I'd Rather Be Shoe Shopping
    Rena

Went to Walmart

The wife of a Tri-ess friend worked in the Optical department at a Walmart. So I found out when she would be working and went in dressed - long skirt amd turtleneck. I had to wait while she finished with a customer so I checked out some things in the store and then went over and asked her if she could help me. She helped me select a nice frame and then did the paper work. Her co-workers didn't even bat an eye. Her husband came by after work and we chatted as she was finishing work. Again, no one noticed. We then went to the back to punch out and went to dinner. So if you know someone who works at an optical store, it is a great way to get a pair that works en femme.
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Banned Read only
    I've certainly thought about it. I wear glasses everyday. But I wear contacts when I dress. It is a pain. Especially if any powdered eye shadow gets under the contacts, Ouch.
    If you have a prescription, you can order glasses online. I will go and find the link. I think I bookmarked it.
    Yep. Here it is.

http://www.39dollarglasses.com/11000.html
    Last edited by Melinda G; 03-15-2006 at 08:28 PM.

Janice Ann

Femme frames ??

I have worn glasses since I was 6--- that was 59 years ago-- Last time I bought frames I walked into Wall Mart-- looked em all over-- went to the ladies selections and told the gal-- I want that one- It was not a lot differnt than the draby ol mens ones-- no one eye balled me -- no ? -- got what I needed-- and wanted-- must have been a UNISEX style-- no one rags me about my choice--

Error: User not found;
    The first time i wanted specific ones i was kind of nervous. There was a female model on a poster on the wall and i pointed to her and said thats pretty much the look i want. Theres not alot they can say to that. The assistants were great though , and we chatted about how good stephanie march looked in law and order

edit: i must admit going into the beauticians for hair removal has been the most nerv racking thing like that ive ever had to do. That also was fine in the end, people worry to much.
    Last edited by ToyGirl; 03-15-2006 at 08:41 PM.

I have to get new glasses soon...have an eye doctor appointment in May...and am gonna get a unisex pair....I've already picked out the style and my wife liked it!

Karyn

Planning on doing this soon. I need fem glasses and I have no problem with buying them because the store owner that I purchase my glasses from is very fem himself.

Aspiring Member
    I have to get new glasses this summer. As I need them badly, i always get 2 pair.
    Was in the glass dispensing store the other week, and looking at frames.
    I did find that a lot of the frames now are almost uni-sex so I should have no problem with a pair of femme frames.
    As I had never been in the store before, and probably will not get the glasses there, i basically told the sales girl what I want, and she told me there are now all kinds of frames that are worn equally by women and men.
    Can't wait to get new frames that are more femme, but i seem to be getting bye quite well with what i have, as was out to-day. In the restaurant, a waitress gave me a menu, and then said to the waitress that would be looking after me, I gave the lady a menu for you.
    In another store, i was also referred to as Mam, so i guess i am getting on with what i have

Denise

I have a pair of unisex "librarian" style frames. Simple black frames, they look great in both boy and girl mode. They're perfect for days when I'm dressed, but not particularly dressy. If I'm heading out, I'll generally go with my contacts, if nothing else because if I'm going to spend the time on my eye makeup, I don't want to cover them with glasses.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I bought unisex frames that we both wear. And I love them. Besides being bifocals!! Ekkkkkk Were getting old.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karren...e2.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karren...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-15-2006 at 11:24 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Add me to the list of girls that is going to have to deal with this. I am getting tired of giving up clear vision the minute I put on a skirt. Even though I don't shop for myself in person (whether en femme or in drab), I am just going to have to hitch up my panties, head down to an optician in Greenwich village, and tell them that I'm a CD and I need girl glasses. Wish me luck!

Erica

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    Last November I went to Lens Crafters (en drab) -- got a pair of drab frames and a pair of more feminine frames. The male sales clerk was a bit hesitant on showing me fem frames, but I pushed and found a pair that work well. When I picked them up, a female sale clerk did the final adjustments. She told me the frames were very attractive on my face (but I'm convinced they are trained to say that).

Banned Read only
    Gee, what makes ya think that?
    Ya think they are gonna say, "those glasses look terrible on you"?:cheeky:

There are alot of unisex frames out, but really no one will think a thing either way, I work in this field...have sold alot of guy frames.....very much guy frames to women, and more fem frames to men, no one there bats an eye.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Last year, I had to buy new glasses, so I bought two pairs. I said to the sale assistant that I wanted a feminine pair for me. She showed me some frames, and I told her there were not feminine enough to my taste. So we looked further and I found one that I liked. She never made any comment.

I also went for laser hair removal on my face and on my chest, and now I am doing electrology for the grey stuff, and i both places they never asked me any question. I am sure my electrologist suspect that I crossdress, and at some point I will tell her, but she never said anything. And I am sure I am not her first crossdresser customer.
    -- Victoria-Marie

Banned Read only
    The opticians I use all have large "unisex" sections.
    Frankly I can't see any difference in the styles and clours of frames between them and the exclusively "female" section.
    Glasses now are brilliant.
    The choice of styles is huge.
    I wish they'd been available like that when I was growing up.
    Anyone in the UK who had to wear "National Heath" glasses as a child will know what I mean!
    Now if only someone would invent a pair of glasses that contains a homing device.
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 03-16-2006 at 04:42 AM.

I've run into all responses. From "The Men's frames are over there!" to complete nonchalance. The last happened at Target's - I went in and had my eyes tested there, then returned a few days later when there was no business. The woman attendant made no effort to guide me away from the frames I was looking at and I selected a pair and ordered them without any attention being paid. And then returned a few weeks later and had them fitted. All went smoothly. I imagine the same would work at WalMart or other large scale stores. It's probably just the occasional clerk at the occasional store who spontaneously takes on the role of gender cop. Mostly, they're happy to sell.

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    I'm due soon for new glasses and hope to get two pairs. I have two or three pairs of fem frames that were left behind at work a few years ago that fit me and I'll probably have new lenses put in the ones I like best

Last year I went into Lenscrafters with my prescription and told the young woman that I want frames for a woman - me. Without batting an eye she helped me find a frame I liked and did the fitting. Her only request was "will you come back tomorrow as Melanie for the final fitting". I came back as Melanie the next day and made her day. She asked why I was not Melanie 100% of the time.

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

I'm a bit lucky with mine. The glasses I have are those pairs that are not full frames. Where there's only frame at the top of each lens and none on the bottom. Works decent for both male and female look. Admittedly though... I'd love to have a pair exclusively for my fem time.

Shannon S.
    Enjoying the art of femininity!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela XX
    The opticians I use all have large "unisex" sections.
    Frankly I can't see any difference in the styles and clours of frames between them and the exclusively "female" section.
    Glasses now are brilliant.
    The choice of styles is huge.
    I wish they'd been available like that when I was growing up.
    Anyone in the UK who had to wear "National Heath" glasses as a child will know what I mean!
    Now if only someone would invent a pair of glasses that contains a homing device.
    Yup, most UK opticians stock a large unisex range. Last pair I got was a complete none-event, the staff simply helped me choose the right size and adjusted them for me. I'm wearing them right now as I type this.

Fortunately for me, I didn't need glasses until I reached my 30s and could afford reasonable frames...but I do remember those ugly heavy NHS frames.