Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beginner to advance crossdressing ?

I believe I am advanced to expert,except for the voice, which is below average, ha ha. I tend to be a perfectionist in life so CDing isn't any different for me. I am also very lucky to have been born with a CD freindly body, ha ha.

I would say I' m becoming somewhat more than a beginner since I started reading this site and fully accept who I am now. I do know that I now feel like I have the right to look on the outside as feminine as I feel on the inside. I'm no where near there yet, but I'm working on it (and loving every moment of it).
    Kimmie W

Every day gets better!

I would have to say after all these years I am advanced, but only in the past five years have I really came out and accepted who I am.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

I think I am advanced.

At a guess, I would explain the categories as:

1. beginner: dresses, lingerie, high heels, but still has most body hair

2. intermediate: dresses, lingerie, high heels, shaving legs and chest but not arms, no make-up

3. advanced: dresses, lingerie, high heels, shaving legs and chest and arms, fairly proficient with make-up.

4. expert: dresses, lingerie, high heels, shaving legs and chest and arms, fairly proficient with make-up, also wears jewelry and paints nails. Can pass fairly well.

5. I am a GG: God has blessed you.

Smarter than I look Jenny Warren's Avatar
    Well, I don't know about this.

I do the weekly grocery shopping as Jenny.

I go to lunch/shopping with my SO as Jenny at least twice a week.

I go shopping with my SO's daughters, (14 yrs & 16 yrs) regularly.

At a TV/CD venue someone once asked me whose wife I was.

A neighbour once asked me who the man who goes into and out of my house and drives my car was. (It's me in male mode).

I used to have a part time job as Jenny.

I guess I'm intermediate, on a good day.

Jenny
    Some days are a total waste of make-up

www.womaninside.me.uk

I would put myself just a bit above intermediate. By far I know I'm not a beginner yet when going out in public I think I recently promoted myself to intermediate class. This is because just wearing the clothes is only a small part of cross dressing. Becoming the lady in posture, attitude, the walk, the dance, your character and demenure, plus many other thing that makes a woman what she is, is always under scutany in the public eyes. Lets face it genetic girls really have it tough in this world. It is hard work to be like them and yet the payoff is more then worth every minute spent in there world.

Washington, DC area....from time to time down in Miami, FL area; Dallas, TX as well.

Femme Stages

Intermmediate to Advanced

I say this because I have been out a few times now (to eat, to the spa, clubbing enfemme) and I have begun to have my facial hair removed via laser. But I am ever-improving as they say! lol So maybe I'll graduate to the next stage in the near future!
    Jessica1

After about twenty years of experience I rate myself as an advanced beginner. I do pass - from a distance and if it is dark. At 6'3" and 350 pounds I harbor no thoughts of passing, my voice is very masculine, I am as graceful as a buffalo and my wardrobe is basic thrift store. In spite of all this I enjoy my time in women's clothing, and enjoy going out.

I am in confusion as to the gradings. I know that at times I dress completely except for coloured nail varnish and I am fortunate to have no body hair and a reasonably balanced figure. I also have a nice selection of clothes and lots of lovely lingerie. I dress in lingerie and tights or stockings under my outer male clothes most days and I love shopping

On the negative side, I am definitely still in the closet and would not consider sharing my feminity with my family (my wife is aware but believes it was a one off and certainly would not accept it). Further my voice is closer to baritone than soprano and I probably walk like a football player and am six feet tall and my breasts are about 38aa.

I guess that might make me an expert beginner or an intermediate moron!

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    Advanced. I have clothes and makeup fairly well done. I just need to hone my voice and mannerisms a little, and work up courage to go out more often. I also need to pierce my ears. My hair is already gender neutral (about shoulder length), and I know I can pass in public, as long as I don't have to open my mouth, and I stay cool. I dress more often in denim and sneakers (like a GG) than in dresses and heels, and like how i look.

I've been dressing for over 40 years so I guess that I'm an intermediate.
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Smile I Am A One

Quote Originally Posted by calliekat
    I am 1) A beginner.
    Why? Because I am no further along with my dressing then I was last year when I started.
    Why? Because where I live doens't allow for it, unless I go out of town and I don't know where to go in that case.

I am a 1

This quote fits me. Started with undies last summer and have been slowly moving along.Been a pleasure and now with all of you I feel less alone ... Jolene

What is an expert?

Wow, if guaging on actually executing thoughts and desires i would say beginner. If guaging solely on wanting and hoping i would say intermediate. As one who had a restrictive upbringing (only father and a younger brother) access to an immediate female influence didnt exist, but somehow I always knew it was there. My wife (of 13 years) suggested going as a woman last halloween..............bingo!!!!!!! The cat is out of the bag. The ball is rolling. Learn as you go. Hell she even has me ironing clothes, and I weirdly can say I enjoy it She commented last night that I have more high heels and lingerie than she does!!!!

I see everyone else is too modest to claim expert. So I will conform and claim only advanced. No, I'm not very passable at 6' and 250#, and cannot shave my legs this year, and I have a baritone voice, etc.

I'm advanced because I have at least tried at least once to do everything there is to do, short of dating another man - which seems very unethical, or medical intervention - which is unaffordable and also too late to be cost effective. I've taken crossdressing about as far as I suspect I am able to do so, in over forty years of experience. I accept myself for who I am. I'm as comfortable being crossdressed as I suspect I will ever be, which is so comfortable at home that I forget how I am dressed. In public, at least in this bigoted state, I will always be wary and uncomfortable. Makeup is an area where I could definitely improve, and someday I will have my own silicone breasts, but these are relatively trivial issues.

Hugs,

Bernice

Expert!

Why? Well for starters it all feels so comfortable, so natural. Much more so than drabbing it. Getting dressed as Marie is second nature now; everything from cosmetics to fashion sense. It's not about hype; it's about being me.
    And although there is always more to learn, it's no different for genetic women. I'll bet there are many of us who could teach some gg's a thing or two about style.
    If I were suddenly tasked to go out shopping, function in the business world, or attend a gala event I could prepare for and participate with more finesse than I could as a guy. Yes, everything from -- the walk -- to using a purse -- to typing in an office -- to dining at a retaurant -- to helping a friend select an outfit -- or cruising through a twenty mile bicykle ride.
    If you feel this proficient about being womanly, than I believe that you too are also an expert.
    Marie

Advanced.

I gotta work on my voice and then I would be pretty happy with how far I've come with this CDing.