Thread: Do any of you girls have a girls haircut?

Lightbulb Do any of you girls have a girls haircut?

I am just curious. Am I the only girl with a thing for hair? I love having my hair cut in a style that is traditionally for girls. I had my hair cut in a girls bob all one length covering my ears with bangs. I loved my hair cut like that. Nobody really commented on it probably because they were hesitant to. I then had to go job searching so now my hair is cut in a fem Dorothy Hamill wedge with the back stacked and bangs and clippered nape. I can wear this style full and girly or feathered and more masculine.
    Also, I have to go for a trim soon and need ideas on a subtle but obvious way to let the girl that cuts my hair know that I'm a CD and want to look and feel girly. Any ideas girls?
    Thanks in advance.
    jamie

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Hi jamie,

i severly doubt you are the only one. I for one would love to let me hair grow out but that's one of the boundaries kelly ( my SO ) has set and I respect that. It's great that you feel able to let itgrow and i'm envious of you. To be honest with you if i was in your postition i would probably be upfront with the hairdresser and let her know exactly what i wanted. No better way to ensure you get the result you're looking for . Hope you have fun and seeing as this is your first post i'd like to welcome you along to the forum aswell .
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

No thanks dear, my wig won't grow any longer.............
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Femme Haircut

My hair is naturally very gray (my father was almost completely white at 40). So I pay to have my hair colored with foil hilights. I then get my hair cut in a short femme style and wear it very spikey and messy. I achieve this look by blow-drying, flat-ironing and then waxing out to a piecey texture.

I found bringing a picture to the stylist is the best way to go. I did find one picture of a guy with a similar style but most of the pictures I show her are of women. She does not have a problem with it at all. I think the $20 tips I give also help.
    Last edited by Deedee_tv; 03-09-2006 at 11:17 PM.

Hair styles

I love getting my hair done by a Professional Hair Stylist. I wear a very "femme" style little boy cut. It has blonde highlites and is easy to maintain. Being complimented by a total stranger GG in a supermarket "Your hair style is beautiful" really made my day.

Smile I would love too

I have been thinking of growing my hair out and getting a fem or neutral cut. Lots of musicians get away with this all the time. Ideally id grow it really long and have a beautiful cut and get "my own hair" done and go out on a formal night on the town with some girlfriends!

Oh how I wish that I could have a girls hair style, unfortunately I take after my grandfather who was completely bald at age 25. While my hair is still with me, the creeping hairline makes it impossible to have a feminine hair style. I have a buzz cut so I can wear my wigs more comfortably.

Love it straight n long...

I'm happy to have long hair. Makes me feel very feminine.
    A bit too long until it sometimes looks fake ! Normally I tie a ponytail &
    tuck in my shirt, wear a cap & hide it underneath or leave it open and
    not look messy. I have some fashion wigs to experiment.
    Visit to the hair saloon normally gets my hair tangled up , maybe coz they r not used to the length. I don't plan to cut it ... so I can only dream / imagine having a certain style ;(
    I normally get complimented for my hair..... thats y I love it.

I too might be asking for advise when I plan to cut my hair later on.
    Hope u find your style and send us a pic !

lisa
    My Mother wanted a daughter.....i am her.

wearing a girls style is wonderful

Jamie,
    I think it is wonderful that you wear a girls style.
    The styles you describe are so cute.
    Hopefully, you will get more hair style ideas by chatting here wth other girls.

Wishing you lovely hair and all the best,

Shelby

ps i love that u wear an ultra femme style

You Bet

I have long hair for years now, either in a style as my av show or in a pony tail. This way I don't have to fuss with the hair every morning.

Summer

hair spray....?

I do have not cut my hair now in over a year +, I every day pull mine back
    with a schrunchie & a barette it a very gurly look on me no-matter what
    later on I'll go to a regular hair salon for a better styling prob. this summer
    i guess, I did not too long ago add my own copper color highlights , and
    I must say so my self it looks great my hair is medium brown , it was a
    miss Clairol product , not bad for 10 bucks, and a do it your self job.
    It makes me have that California girl look like on the box , but I look better
    than the model anyway.......LOL..... So YEP, your girl Sierra is looking
    the part.......better all the time...........
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    My hair is about mid back, and mostly one length. The bangs have a few inches to catch up though. Outside of trimming the dead ends, I havnt cut my hair in 3 years, And dont plan on cutting it either. I am 39 and thankfully still havnt found a gray hair yet.
    Erika Leigh

RE-Member
    I'm growing my hair out now. Kind of receding a little, but I've seen women with more recession. My bad thing is on the back and top of the head, very thin, and without proper styling it shows. I'll continue to grow it, because a ponytail will be able to cover it. But, I'd really like to be able to style it in a femme fashion one day. I think I"m going crazy here ... doing all kinds of kooky things relating to TGism.

On this note, has anybody ever really checked out those "hair club" places that advertise late on TV? They sure make it sound super, don't they? Damn testosterone.

Error: User not found;
    Just find a photo of a girl with the hairstyle you want and take that with you, or look through girls book at the hairdressers and point to one that you want. Ive only met one male hairdresser that wasnt fem or gay. So if the shop has a bunch of harleys out the front and offers a discount for hair + beard trim. Then maybe dont go there for your femme cut. Otherwise i cant see a problem.

Long dyed hair here
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I definately like having a girl's haircut. My long hair has been cut with bangs and layers. It really feels wonderful to have your own long hair. Some people bother me about it but when I tell them i'm a musician they don't care anymore...deep down though I really don't think I could get it cut short and boyish ever again as it is just such a big part of me

when I was younger

At one time I had very long hair that could be styled either way...

As a teenager, I was dressing much more often (mother was accepting, supportive and probably overindulgent of my dressing). I grew my hair down to my shoulders when I was about 15. In boy mode, I had the kind of "heavy metal" look going (I did and still do play guitar) and usually wore it back in a ponytail.

In full femme mode, however, it was Diane Chambers' hair (from "Cheers") -- very femme and down to my shoulders. Basically like this:

And here's me in a prom dress at 17 with my hair curly -- courtesy of my mother's hairdresser... This is my avatar pic, but shown larger:

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

Well I guess this is not applicable to TS, but I am growing my hair out, and style it kind of in the middle... but it is growoing slowly, in about 18 months it will be where I want it!
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

know the feeling.

Look here girl i know the feeling. My hair is shoulder lenght, curled on the ends. my front is cut in bangs. the sides i curl in when i go out not dressed as a lady. no one says any thing. i have had a couple women ask me how do you get your hair to look so good. all as i say it goes the way i feel. like a mode swing thing. I have long streight har its all natural. but when i dress up i wear a long blond hair wig . i think its just the feeling of being blonde. when my hair gets longer i will style it as a girl. Iam at the point that i do not care what people think anymore. if i want to look natural as a women then i am going to do it. i am tired of hiding. lovee.

The Sexy Satin Vixen!
    The picture in my avatar is all natural hair. Unfortunatly I cut it.

I hope to get a wig soon though!

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiefem
    Also, I have to go for a trim soon and need ideas on a subtle but obvious way to let the girl that cuts my hair know that I'm a CD and want to look and feel girly. Any ideas girls?
    Grown it, cut it, growing it again.

My hair is naturally wavy, just to the back of my neck at the moment. While style wise it could go either way, it is always on the feminine side.

As for suggestions... I tried the round about approach for a while until I finally said just what I wanted - I'd like a more feminine cut and style. The stylist I've been going to didn't bat an eye. In fact, she let me know that they started to do makeup there as well if I was ever interested.

Unless you're going to a proper barber's shop, no one is going to think twice about it. You are not the first - nor will you be the last - TG/CD person they have ever had as a client.

You're paying for a service - you should get what you want for your money like any other client.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

I wish!

Unfortunately i am folically challenged. Well at least the wig fits well!

Hugs, Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]