Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another thought provoking question

Banned Read only

Another thought provoking question

Do you really think that if crossdressing was acceptable that anyone of you would consistently dress en femme everyday? I'm talking about makeup, heels making your hair all pretty (wig or not) the whole package basically.
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say most of you will say yes for awhile, then slow down from there.
    I have a feeling perhaps this is why GG's don't dress up all the time either. I'm sure they wear themselves out when their teenagers and that is why they dress for comfort not fashion now.

Those who dress up because they wish to be female would probably go about as en-femme as possible as many TVs do even now. Those like me who Cross Cress for sexual reasons would wear quite commonplace skirts and dresses etc as Biological Women do on a day to day basis and only dress up to the nines on special occasions if at all. In some situations we would probably still wear drab outerwear, after all many women wear jeans, trousers etc at work etc if circumstabces require this.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Hi Deborah,

You're right, this is a thought-provoking question.

My first reaction is this: if CDing were socially acceptable, I personally could imagine dressing full time. It would be nice to experience the world that way. I might have more friends that way, for example.

But here's the thing. In real life, whenever I get involved with fem thoughts etc., and if I encounter a person with some need--say someone old, sick, or poor--then my conscience nags me. I feel--and this seems like a genuine feeling, rather than something society has imposed on me--like I should be doing something, directly or indirecty, to help this person and others like them; and I generally think that I can do more to help them and others in male mode. In short, I feel like a slacker.

However, sometimes I encounter a certain kind of woman whom I especially admire. This type is charming, classy, lady-like, well-dressed--someone who uses these attributes to be an extremely good influence on others. One thing I admire about such women is that they seem to understand the positive effect they have on others, and cultivate this. It's partly like they are very conscious of their power as positive role models. Such women never appear in public in sweatshirts or with their hair in curlers.

I guess I could imagine being that kind of person full time.

Just my rambling thoughts...

Cathy
    Last edited by Cathy Anderson; 03-10-2006 at 02:38 AM.

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]To put it in more simple terms Would you want to go the whole 9 yards everyday?
    I do it occasionally and it takes forever!!
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Deborah; 03-10-2006 at 02:53 AM.

I would like to think that I would continue to try and look presentable, and fem.But there might be a few times that I would run to the store partially fem. Something I would'nt do now. I try and pattern myself off of stylish, classy women. Has more to do with pride, and who you are, I guess.

Well now I confess since I spend almost all my time drab that I really don't think I would. I mean if it was commonplace and accepted would there be a huge sexual thrill attached to it? I think not. Most of the sexual thrill for me at least came from the fact I was doing something naughty, dirty unaccepted. Still would feel damn sensual of course. So I would probably stay on the nay side.
    I have this mental debate all the time. For instance when the D Word came up I was like wondering to myself "girl you could live as girl all the time!" But then the logic sets in really it is alot of work and I am usually quite lazy now.
    So put 2 and 2 together and puts me as Drab and lonely.
    For those who feel cheated in the womb and truly feel they should be a GG, might have something totally different to say.
    TTFN

TA TA FOR NOW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    For those who feel cheated in the womb and truly feel they should be a GG, might have something totally different to say.
    [SIZE=3]Oh yes i feel cheated. If i were born a GG i don't think i'd dress all the way everyday. Perhaps if i had a professional job yes, but on other days i don't think i would.
    I'd like some GG feedback on this too if i may.
    [/SIZE]

Whole 9 yeard

I would go all the way everyday . I wish I can do that now .:mad: I would wear female casual clothes most of the time at home . I would go all the way when out work or the mall .

Yes, how very perfect life would have been had we been born women. That way we could spend an hour and a half every day just making ourselves look like the makeup models on television, who obviously have full, wonderful lives that any of us would and should envy.

Yeah, right.

I think you hit it on the head, Deborah. Many women truly enjoy being all decked out, with their makeup just right and their hair done up. But that doesn't mean they enjoy the whole process of getting there, and doing it every day. I've heard professional women complain that putting on makeup and getting all dressed up is all just a ritual done so that they can look presentable to the world of men. Although everyone, themselves included, likes the outcome, it's a pain in the rump to get up and do it every day.

It's no wonder women get a little burned out on the whole thing over time. I enjoy it, but I do that whole thing rather seldom. If I had to go through it every day, I'd start looking forward to weekends just so I wouldn't have to.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla
    If I had to go through it every day, I'd start looking forward to weekends just so I wouldn't have to.
    [SIZE=3]That's the sort of realistic answer i thought i was going to get.
    Great minds think alike Marla
    [/SIZE]

HI Deb...you asked for feedback...

...For almost ten years I worked from home, self employed . Every few weks I would get to leave to make sales calls to clients. Most clients were in very industrial settings, so even when I went to see them I had to wear steel toed boots, jeans, and blouses I did not mind if they got grime on them. In other words, nothing fancy. A few times a year I got to take clients out to dinner. This was a chance to dress up a bit more, but not 'sexy'. I never wanted to send the wrong message to these clients, most of whom were male. I needed them to see me as respectable and business-like and not in any way other than that. Because in the line of work I was in, when women were too sexy, they got very bad reputations, they got laughed at when they called on clients, and eventually they lost jobs because they were considered a distraction. I made sure to look as non-threenting and non-sexual as possible.

Okay, so being that was how I had to live for almost ten years, I relished in the opportunity to go all out when I went out of town. I totally enjoyed the whole process of getting ready for a nite in another town to go clubbing, wear my sexy clothes and wear make up.

Then.....I eventually stopped working for myself. I had to go out and get a real job. The kind of job that required you look nice, and dress nice, and have yoru hair done every day. Although i did not dress sexy, I had to dress up way more than I ever used to when I was self employed. No more jeans and denim shirts. It was heels and pant suits and dresses and doing my hair every morning and make up. Every day, after day after day....the 'fun' of getting ready, the 'fun' of make up, and wearing fancy clothing was wearing thin. I found the nights when we went out to party I actually would dress down and wear less make up and did nottake the time and prep that I used to when getting ready for a fun evening.

The fun of being a girl was all sucked out!

Well now that I am back to being home, the fun of being a girl has returned. I have to say I obviously am not cut out to have to look that super-high-maintence way every day. I like that I get to pick and choose when I dress up, wear make up, and go nuts on my hair and clothing. I like that I don't HAVE to dress that way everyday.

I am sure if any of you saw me at Wal-Mart or the mall shopping that you would think I was one of those women you think had 'let herself go'. But I have not gone to hell. I love make up and I love looking nice and I love when I have time to style my hair, when I have time and am motivated. But I dont' have time most days and frankly I dont' care to do those things most days. But as you saw by the photos I posted, I love doing those things sometimes. Now when we go out for dinner and to go clubbing I totally love to glam it up. It is back to being 'fun'.

I dont' know how other women feel, but that is how I feel. I guess that is why I can understand guys wanting to feel that way sometimes too. I find the process of getting ready to go out a blast. Well, only more challeniign now that there is a toddler hanging on my leg, but it is still a blast.

anyway...that is my longg story.....

Banned Read only
    Great story Kathy. I know how it is with toddlers. My toddler is 5 now though lol so i can't call him that anymore.
    I know it has to be a pain to be a GG sometimes especially in the business world. The story about the women who dress up to sexy makes sense also. Sad for them though.

For years in the closet I felt that I would do just that ... dress 24/7 if I ever had the opportunity. Recently my situation changed and that closet door is shut. I now can dress whenever I desire (except for work ). At first I continued with my preference for skirts and dresses and heels and hose. As time progressed I found that as much as I wanted to be accepted as a woman when dressed I also did not want to stand out in the crowd. In other words I wanted to be seen as a woman no matter the situation and being in a skirt and heels at WalMart was like waving a red flag at a bull. Now I dress a few times a week and it is more rewarding than ever and I find myself buying nice jeans or slacks, flats and sneakers and just being me. It's not about how I'm seen anymore, it's about how I feel when I'm seen and I feel great no matter what I'm wearing.
    My 2 cents...

No question but that I would not dress every day. I am pretty clearly an occasional CD - no burning desire to spend all (or even a majority) of my time en femme.

That said, these days when I dress I tend to convert as completely as I can, so I'd certainly go the whole heels, hair, makeup route each time.

I would eventually settle down and start wearing pants to work if I were a GG, but with all the pretty dresses I'm finding on Ebay, I would love to wear all of them to work at least once. At work I've seen women who love to wear pretty, colorful dresses to work, but eventually they all settle down and start wearing pants most days.

First of all, I don't really feel right wearing womens clothing without all of the accessories. I don't use makeup often because I don't go out much but I DO like to at least be clean-shaven and wear a wig when I crossdress. I just don't like how I look wearing womens clothing unless I more or less look like a woman (no offense to those who feel differently). Regarding the specific question addressed in this thread, I'd almost certainly crossdress more if it were more socially acceptable but I still probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing it anywhere and everywhere, especially at my job and I really wouldn't want to do it all of the time (except for wearing panties all the time under my clothes which I can already do almost every day anyway). As much as I enjoy my crossdressing, there are times when, frankly, it feels good to just throw a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to lounge around in or to work in around the house in. Sometimes, wearing all of that nice womens clothing actually makes me a little nervous because I am constantly afraid of ruining my nice dresses and skirts or getting them dirty. I also know that my wife wouldn't want me to be "en femme" all of the time (because, after all, she DID marry a "man") but I think that even if I COULD be "en femme" with no restrictions and endless freedom, I still seriously doubt that I actually WOULD.

It would be to suit the circumstances just like any other day or occasion. Why go the whole route unless you have to? For me it just doesnt make sense and really doesnt change who I am (although I am still trying to figure that one out.)

So the answer is, if it is a walk in the park then jeans and a top are the order of the day, if a night on the town then dress accordingly, and that doesnt mean a ball gown to go to the theatre.

Like Kathy said, the fun goes when you have to do it everyday but if it is a special occasion then go for the gold.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

If it were socially accepttable I would probally dress and go out clubbing alot more often ..but on a daily basis probally not

Thanks for that, Kathy. Wish I could throw you a rep point.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I personally do not know any GGs who dress "feminine" everyday. They have a female body, so by thier nature, even with sweats on, they still look feminine. I guess that is the way I would like to be.

Its alot of work for a GG to get all dolled up. Its alot of work for a CD/TS too.
    So for me, I think its more of a body issue than a clothing issue.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

hey it's alot of work beeing a girl, I'm glad I have the choice when and where, my GF works hard to put on that girly shine, but don't get me wrong, I'd have to give it a try, at least a week!!! well mabe a month!!! but I'd be back to male mode, but it would be fun to see how long I'd go for anyway.xoxoxoxJennifer

If crossdressing were suddenly socially acceptable I'm sure I would overdose on it!

If I'd been born female, no doubt I would have been a girly-girl. I would have loved wearing dresses, makeup, the whole deal. But I've been out and about en femme enough to know that there are times when it's a hassle to be a woman: try wearing a dress in Chicago in January, or stockings in August! If I had to do it every day, I'd probably hate it, which would make me just like a woman....

Cissy

Well I wouldn't primp and all that. I'm a factory rat, and if I could,I would be a female factory rat. Including taping the side slits on my coveralls, so the boys can't see what color my panties are. PS. Tonight they are pink.

I couldn't imagine not wearing fem clothes all of the time if it was common. Skirts and blouses, dresses, makeup, shoulder length hair, jewelry, ah yess, heels and nylons, underwear. Every single day.
    Dawn