Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever want to dress a woman?

Did you ever want to dress a woman?

Today I was in line waiting to order coffee and there was a woman in front of me and I thought I would love to pick out her outfit!

My wife won't wear anything I ask her to wear. I would love to dress her up super fem, but now hitting 60 I don't ever see that happening.

Not that I'm an expert but the last three dresses she wore to weddings did not fit her right.
    I've asked in the past if I could come when she's looking for a dress but "NO you have no idea" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I would really love to pick out a dress for her.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I've had the good fortune to be able to do that with my wife. She will let me pick out clothes for her to try on. Some she likes & some she doesn't like but she humors me. And sometimes I pick something we both can wear
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Judy I can relate to what you are saying..sometimes its so tempting to say to a woman you would look so great in this....at times I almost want to say you have such a great shape for that outfit why are you wasting your gifts...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Same as Kim. My wife knows I have a mysterious knack for women's fashion and putting things together. And in all honesty she's always been good at this herself. She does like my opinion and we make a pretty good team when clothes shopping for her. Now, if I could just work a little shopping in for myself when we're out together. Maybe someday....... Meg

My SO and I shop together. She put one of my outfits together. She asks me when she buys a skirt or dress. I always ask her what she thinks and always help her decide what to wear. we make a good team on that.
    Part Time Girl

I don't get the opportunity to dress my wife but I do often shop with her and she does suggest things for me and asks my opinion of items she is considering. This is a huge change from before we had "the talk" which changed her previous opinion that sadly I did not have good taste. I do enjoy shopping with my wife now and comparing likes and dislikes in clothing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've never picked put clothes for my wife yet, but I do want to.

I've gotten her some heels before that she likes.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    This may sound really strange? But, when I see an attractive woman, I only want to undress her.

It's been much the same since I was 15!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There are some people who don't wear leggings well as outerwear. It would be better if they wore them as accessories. But, I would never say that. That would be rude. And besides, I know how comfortable they are!

I have given advice to my wife when shopping for clothing as well as dressing for social events. She generally knows the answer but is just looking for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Today I was in line waiting to order coffee and there was a woman in front of me and I thought I would love to pick out her outfit!

My wife won't wear anything I ask her to wear. I would love to dress her up super fem, but now hitting 60 I don't ever see that happening.

Not that I'm an expert but the last three dresses she wore to weddings did not fit her right.
    I've asked in the past if I could come when she's looking for a dress but "NO you have no idea" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I would really love to pick out a dress for her.
    I understand this, my wife is just like ours. She never really liked dressing up in a dress or skirt. After I came out to her as CD, she doesn't want to dress up very feminine at all.

Do mannequins count? I have a lovely pair of vintage mannequins that get dressed up for the holidays.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm just interested in the mannequin on the left, doesn't appear to be alabaster yet does have a style of which I like!
    $100 is my bid!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    This may sound really strange? But, when I see an attractive woman, I only want to undress her.

It's been much the same since I was 15!
    That was going to be my answer!

No, I can't say I've ever wanted to dress a woman.

Silver Member
    My wife often times asks me to go with her shopping for her clothes and we do agree on many selections but I wish she knew what she could also wear that she isn't comfortable wearing. She also will ask me if I have time to just go and get her a top, jeans, a skirt or once even a bathing suit(nailed that one).
    I agree about being there for the undressing part but I do also can appreciate wanting the chance to dress a really attractive woman. Part of the desire of mine may come from knowing she would look so much better than I.

My wife and I go shopping now and then. When I'm with her I'm presenting as male but I still help her expand her wardrobe. She has dressed very conservatively in the thirty plus years she's known me, mostly because of her body image. She has gained weight over the years (who hasn't) and is embarrassed to show her personality and true beauty.

That's where my help comes in. I'm not a skinny Minnie myself and in the 45 years I've been dressing I've learned what worked and what didn't. She has in her mind she's a blimp, when I know she is in shape for her size, she's still toned. I have to get her past that mindset and then she excepts the pieces of clothing I suggest she try. When she does this, others see the changes and have nothing but compliments on her great taste in clothing.

Now, she always runs choices by me for an up or down or what might make it work. All I know is she's happy to show a little skin now, show bright colors and show her true personality now. She's still conservative in dress, but the clothing shows some style and color that she avoided. I'm happy I got to help her along and continue with input.
    Last edited by Heidi Stevens; 09-26-2017 at 07:41 AM.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I do a lot of fashion and glamour photography, and get to work with a lot of models. I don't get much say when working with designers, but when I shoot my own concepts, I pretty much get to dictate everything including shoes, clothing, accessories, hair and make up. It's a little like a grown up version of playing with "Barbies" sometimes, and yes, it's AWESOME!!

Banned Read only
    My wife does not drive due to a depth perception problem, so I am with her when she buys clothes. She always plants me in the waiting area of the women's dressing room at Kohl's or JC Penny. She'll try on clothes and ask my opinion. I guess that's the same as dressing her. When we were newly married I did buy her outfits for Christmas. And, I bought her dozens of nightgowns. I got many envious positive comments from sales associates, especially middle age women. My wife was five foot two and 120 pounds and I was six foot two and 175 pounds, so there was no doubt the nightgowns weren't for me. I always bought her a sexy panty that matched the nightgown. My wife had conveyed to me women tend to put a panty on after having "fun" due to issues of "leakage." The sales associates always seemed to be envious of the unseen woman who had the attention of a man.

Judy, I will be my last dollar your wife will never ever let you buy her something because she's going to think you're thinking about how it would look on your body. I've thought about your posts and the total unacceptable behavior of your wife. If I were in your heels I would buy her some really sexy lingerie just to irritate the crap out of her. Let the feathers fly!!!

I am frequently asked my opinion about female clothing. I enjoy shopping for female clothing for both myself and my spouse and enjoy casting a critical eye on fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Darling View Post
    I'm just interested in the mannequin on the left, doesn't appear to be alabaster yet does have a style of which I like!
    $100 is my bid!

Stacy!
    -giggles- Not for sale!

I actually bought "Beth" (left) and "Lizette" (right) together several years ago from a seamstress, who used the "girls" to show off her creations. They aren't the high-end mannequins (can you believe the higher-end ones run over $400.00???), but I liked them because they were the "realistic" types, looking like actual females with real makeup instead of the more popular "egghead" ones with abstract or no features at all. They are my life-sized Barbie dolls!

I haven't changed their outfits in a while, although I should get some new pictures. Last Halloween, Beth became a sexy cowgirl, while Lizette became a saloon girl. Lizette has a Jessica Rabbit dress waiting for her, but I need to do some work on boosting the cleavage a little (or a lot!). I wonder where I put that spare set of cutlets ....

Funniest moment so far: going to ACE Hardware to get a skintone color match, and giving the sales associate one of Beth's hands! He was laughing so hard that he finally had to call another SA over to do the match.

I have another "headless" mannequin that I am going to do a little work on. I found a very nice realistic skull in one of the Halloween shop, and I think I can build a mount for the skull that will attach to the top of the neck. (I can hide the mount with a high collar or flower boa.) Then, I would have a nice mannequin to dress up for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). I have some pretty gothic accessories that would look beautiful on her.

If I can't dress up myself, at least I can play with my dolls - they can even wear my clothes when I'm not!
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 09-26-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I have a good friend who is very attractive, but has zero style. I have always wanted to take her shopping and have her hair done up. But I keep my mouth shut. However my wife now always makes me approve of every thing she buys or she'll take it back.
    Sara

OK, I can't be the only one who quickly read the title of this thread and thought "Of course I want to dress as a woman - why else would I be on this site???". Then I read it correctly and it made sense.

That being said my wife has a conservative style and tends to avoid a lot of patterns and things she feels are too young. I understand and to some extent agree with her but I think she could be a little more daring than she is. Over the years I have tried to steer her towards things I think would work well for her but mostly to no avail.

When I read the title, I thought of being the person who helps a 1800s woman dress for the evening out. all the hooks, buttons, corsets, hoops, and ribbons, etc.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    Women mostly dress down, CDers want to dress-up . In a DADT situation our wives are never going to accept us let alone let us tell them how they should dress. My wife likes her hemlines below the knee, I prefer them on the knee or slightly above, my legs look better .

Women get to a stage when they prefer not to shop ,my wife hates clothes shopping so she often accepts something which isn't entirely suitable . On one occasion she ordered some dresses for a cruise we were going on, one of the dresses had a large bow on the neckline at the back . I told her at her height of 5'1" it would drown her , sure enough she nodded in agreement and sent it back .

I would love to shop with her and for her but it's never going to happen but at least I have the freedom and satisfaction of shopping for myself.

I picked out several outfits for my wife when we were together. She didn't like any of them. Strictly a no skirt, no dress gal, preferred boy type clothes, jeans, t shirts, sweats, etc.. Mistakenly thought she'd understand that I would like to wear girl stuff once in a while. Nope. As usual, what she does was fine, but what I did, was not.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For years I always dreamed of my wife wearing a floral print summer dress and had asked her a bunch of times over the years to at least try one on, but NO!
    I guess the only one in this house putting on a floral print summer dress is me! Ya I know , sz 18 but still fun.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 09-26-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?