Thread: Handwriting

Handwriting

I was flipping through my daily work diary today and it fell open to some pages with female handwriting! You know, rounded; hearts to dot the "i"'s; cute!
    When I saw it I felt all giddy and giggly inside

I had forgotten that I started writing that way for a while.
    Does anybody else write girly to feel girly?

My normal signature is very curly and swirly and has been that way for almost 40 years. Definitely more "feminine" than masculine, but most of the time it is not as feminine as I would like. Occasionally, I'll do a real nice job when I write out my grocery list. Maybe I need to dot my "I"s with hearts now.

Have a great day!
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

I never thought about it before, but I am going to give it a try! My handwriting looks like a chicken scratched it out, so it has lots of room for improvement. Might as well make it more feminine while I am at it.

Silver Member
    When I used to write things, my writing looked like a woman's. I took several penmanship classes and was expected to write in ledgers.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Years ago I got a new job elsewhere, gave my 2-weeks, and was training my replacement.

There was a relatively tricky process for something in particular, so I jotted it down for her & gave it to her.

"You have some pretty girly handwriting, you know," she said with a smirk.

I looked at it -- and she was right.

"Ah, I just took my time & wanted it to be actually legible for you," I replied. "Normally I write really messy, and sometimes even *I* can't read my own writing!"

Which was, and still is, the truth.

(And no, I didn't dot my i's with circles or hearts! )

Mine is not funnily enough!

I learn't to write from my Grand Mother, I copied her Old English Styled Thick Black Bold and in a Capital style, You know the one!
    So, even though Gran tried to teach me a stylish Cursive!, I just aped her!

I do put Kisses though!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My penmanship is still as awful as it was when I was a child and Sister Nora would wrap my knuckles with a ruler for poor loops on my Ls and Js.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I tried to loop and curl but my hands have never been steady enough to make it flow. Turns out sloppy.
    Live and let dress.

Not easy for me, A few years ago I had an argument with a high speed circular saw, being right handed I lost the first joint of the first finger followed by the corner of the second finger and slicing deep into the third so handwriting is next to impossible.
    But what I do for the short finger is when I paint my nails I paint a false varnished nail on the chopped off finger and surprisingly people tend not to look but when I forget to do that finger some notice but it is so long ago I tend not to worry at all.
    The shortened finger has its uses when I have a runny nose and no tissue handy ! Lol.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

My cursive is distinctly feminine, but I don't use the hearts over i's and such.
    I just make sure handwriting is smooth, legible and easy to read.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Handwriting is becoming a lost art, though there has been a movement within some school districts to incorporate it back into their curriculum. Kim

My late wife, who was a school teacher, 7 to 8 year olds, and she would say that my handwriting was very girly, because it was/is so neat and tidy. I still prefer to use a fountain pen and ink when writing. Well except for online stuff like this!

Once, a female co-worker, after seeing my signature, said, "That's a woman's handwriting". I smiled and thought to myself, "If you only knew".

Allison, I never thought about it. A PTSD Dr commented once that I had feminine penmanship. I attributed it to the fact that I had informed her of Cheryl being such a great part of my life. If I were still seeing her I would definitely ask.

My cursive has always been terrible. In elementary school I had to repeat all the cursive handwriting exercises. Being left handed doesn't help.They tried to get me to write right handed, but it didn't work. I hardly write in cursive except for my signature. When I do write in cursive I can barely decipher my own handwriting. Most of the time I print.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin777 View Post
    When I do write in cursive I can barely decipher my own handwriting. Most of the time I print.
    This also describes my handwriting precisely, which is why I am intrigued with the idea of learning some girly writing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherylgyno View Post
    Allison, I never thought about it. A PTSD Dr commented once that I had feminine penmanship. I attributed it to the fact that I had informed her of Cheryl being such a great part of my life. If I were still seeing her I would definitely ask.
    Anyone commenting that your penmanship is feminine has no idea!

Writing is and art! as is swimming or riding a bike!
    The only time which your natural style shall change is if the ptsd kicks in or medicated!

(I live there)
    Love Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I’ve been into handwriting, penmanship, calligraphy, and font design from a young age. My handwriting has been mistaken for a woman’s writing because of how neat it is. My handwriting has a lot of flourishes in it (though I don’t do hearts). Speaking of fountain pens, I’ve gotten into it recently and I was starting to amass a collection.

*edited to add*
    Just for giggles, here’s a sample of my handwriting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alesha; 10-06-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The whole hearts for dotting the "I" thing is what pre teen girls do and my 2 daughters quit all the cutesy stuff by the end of middle school.
    No adult women I know do that.
    You say it helps you feel girly ?? Please explain that I am curious to hear the reasoning.
    I'm not trying to be a smart A$$ I truly want to understand.

Aspiring Member
    goodness, I haven't written cursive in ages (maybe jr high ?). I usually write printed words.

college ruined my handwriting in english, both hands --i'm ambidextrous. my Chinese is far superior, given it isn't as boring as the alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The whole hearts for dotting the "I" thing is what pre teen girls do and my 2 daughters quit all the cutesy stuff by the end of middle school.
    No adult women I know do that.
    You say it helps you feel girly ?? Please explain that I am curious to hear the reasoning.
    I'm not trying to be a smart A$$ I truly want to understand.
    Tracii- for some reason one day I started wondering if I could write like a girl. I gripped the pen differently (with 3 fingers instead of my usual 1) and began practicing the alphabet with rounded characters, like I have seen my daughters do. It made me a little giddy!! So for a few weeks I entered my personal diary entries (which I keep for work) that way. Eventually I stopped and reverted to my usual rushed slop, but when I saw it again the other day it made me smile because I love my female side and that handwriting is an extension of it...not something a "normal" guy would do.

I don't dot my "I"s with hearts, but often do a rounded "o" instead of a dot.

That being said, Ive always been told I had good penmanship, and that my handwriting looked like a womans.

One such time recently, I had to write a lengthy paper on something and when I turned it in, the instructor said " Did somebody else write your paper?" When I told him it was my handwriting, he said ( right in front of everyone) " You have very feminine handwriting!" I was a little embarrassed but since I present as a feminine male at times, no one really said much although there were a few snickers. It actually made me feel good inside.