Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your best friend know?

Does your best friend know?

We all have a friend of some sort whether an SO or some other person. The question is do they know about your CDing and do they accept and support you?

For me it is a friend I met online many years ago. She has stuck by me through more c**p than anyone other than my wife. I love her to bits. Before anyone asks, yes she is a GG. She is supportive and helpful in numerous ways. We share many of the same interests and views.

Okay, now your turn. No your cat doesnt count....:cheeky:

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

At last count, at least 20 non-CD people other than my wife know about Maureen. My wife's sister lives next door, and it was a lot simpler to tell her than to worry about her dropping in. Her husband knows, as do both sons, and I think, her daughter (ages 20-24). Some of my nephew's friends have seen me dressed when they come by with him. I've had no overt negative reaction from them. I've found that the younger generation (to me) doesn't think this is any big deal.
    One good friend who's young enough to be my son, asked me to be the best man at his wedding a few years ago. When he asked, he insisted that I could not wear a bridesmaid's dress. Darn!! He and his now wife were the first two people other than my wife I told.

All in all, I've found that it's better to have some friends who know about one's CD'ing.
    Maureen
    One's true gender is in the heart and soul, not one's anatomy.

Your brain...don't leave home without it!Maureen

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley
    No your cat doesnt count....:cheeky:

Kimberley.
    How about TWO cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley
    We all have a friend of some sort whether an SO or some other person. The question is do they know about your CDing and do they accept and support you?
    My true bestest friend of all time is my sister and she has known for 14 years. She's told a few people with my permission. She's supportive, as best she can. I see myself as her sister in spirit even if she doesn't think of me as her sister. Anyway she's bought me all sorts of femmy things for christmases and birthdays or telling me there's a makeup sale at Walgreens and buys me Hello Kitty tchotckes. Hi, I'm Veronica and I'm a Sanrioette.

My bestest gaming buddy knows as does his wife, told them back in 2001. We're still friends.

Okay, now your turn. No your cat doesnt count....:cheeky:
    She doesn't count? Darn. She thinks she's a person though. I'll get around to posting cute kitty pictures sooner or later. I take more pictures of the cat than I do me.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

The Sexy Satin Vixen!
    Yes, it was my best friends who helped build the confidence to get me into crossdressing, and it was them who wanted me to get back into CDing after I decided to do a "Purge".

Most of my best friends (all GG's) knows and are highly supportive!

GypsyKaren
    Hi Kimberly

My best friends live in Arizona, the next time I'm out there I'll tell them. I'm sure they'll be cool with it, so I'm not worried. I had lost one friend, but he came back after awhile.

Karen

Looking for what's new Lisa Baby's Avatar

What about a dog?

Actually, I don't even have a dog. Too high af a maintenece cost for my present income.

My best friend, a gg, has known for nearly 25 years. She was my "girl friend" for a short while and that was when I told her. She was, and is, very supportive of the true me.

She is curious about my relationships with other people, male and female both, but I am still too far "in the closet" to tell her any more than a few generalities. (I was much more open with her when we were dateing.)

I am still working on "comeing out."

Lisa

Sadly, the only person I have had the courage to tell was my wife. She tolerates my alter ego, but isn't actively supportive.

My best friend

Of course my best friend knows..She is a very good c/d and had the pleasure of going out with her when i went on vac in Feb... But the people i live with now also understand and accept Kathleen. When i was on Vac i told my Daughter and she is in full acceptance of Kathleen. It was so much fun girlie shopping with her we both had a blast.. So things are very good..
    It feels so good that other people know about me..

Kisses, Kathleen

Yes my best friend knows,i got sick of changing every time he came over,hes cool with it,i mean he is my best friend

She knows!

My best friend know all about it and loves me doing it! thats why I married her
    She is so supportive of me she even does my makeup which she will be doing tomorrow for the day! and hopefully take some pictures of me so I can post them!
    The most beautiful thing in life, cannot be seen or touched, but is felt by the heart!

My wife knows. Nobody else.

Trouble On Wheels Francesca Chantel's Avatar
    Yes, she does... She got me started.

All the people I consider my true friends know. I feel that if they can't accept this part of me than they aren't really my friends.

Banned Read only
    All of my few friends know except one of them. They just make fun of me sometimes but they still like me. Their kids call me Jessica, instead of Jesse. They've never seen me in drag. Maybe I should show them for Halloween!

I've divulged the detailed answer to this in another post. Short version: Only my wife, and others I can count on the fingers of one hand, all but one (a former gf) of which I have no contact with today. And yes, this means I do feel a certain lonliness or isolation.

Hugs,

Bernice

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar
    For me, the thought of my best friend ever finding out scares the crap out of me.

She knows and she's pretty cool about it. Doesn't do me a bit of good though, because it instantly put me on her "won't date" list. We're great friends though.
    Hail Satin!

Just another 'Gurl'
    Several people know about my being bi and a TV. It helps alot having caring and understanding people to share this with. Thank God

Yes, she knows

A couple of months ago I was sitting on the floor of my living room with two GG friends who were living with me because all three of us were broke on our butts when the two girls got into a fight. Words flew, accusations were made, and when it was over, one of the girls, my dearest friend on this earth, told the other to get the hell out of her life. To make the story short, the other girl phoned a friend, got a ride and left for the night.

Now, here I am with a woman I love dearly and a woman I had wanted to share my secrets with for some time and she's crying because she lost a friend and because her friend had outed her for having a bi-curious relationship with yet another GG. If ever the time was right, this was it! I told her that I really didn't care what she had done. I told her that we're simply humans that have to blow guilt away. And, I told her that, when I'm home alone, I like to wear dresses. It blew her away!

She told me how courageous she thought I was for telling her about myself. She said, "Well, now I need to go buy you a dress.". There were the usual questions but they were quick because we've known each other long enough for her to know that I'm straight and don't want to be a woman. It was beautiful! I got to tell her all about myself and it took her mind right off her troubles.

Since then, we've had many conversations about CDing and about her issues. We've estabished a much more open relationship and, I've got to say, it's a beautiful experience. BTW, she and her GG friend have since made up so everything is cool in that department as well.

My best friend was my mother. she knew before she passed away. She was fine with it. My second best firend My wife also knows. She says that she is OK with it. But would rather not know about it. That is all no one else knows at this time.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    I have a good friend that I've told, and he's fine with it, but as for my b/f, that's another story. He doesn't know I CD, he knows I'm bisexual and hates it. He doesn't like when I'm boyish, and doesn't want me to cut my hair short. He's really loving and sweet to me though, and I can't see breaking us up over something like this.

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Let's see... People who officially know:
    • My Wife
    • Best friend Steve (and his wife)
    • Steve's sister & husband (he told them and that's cool)
    • A handful of people at work
    • The HR dept at work
    As I'm 'out' by action more than word, I suspect half of the building at work 'knows' about me, but I've only personally discussed it with a handful of people.

My friend Steve was cool about it and appreciated my sharing it with him. His sister and her husband have several TG/CD friends so it was a big 'so what' for them.

My friends at work consider it a non issue and we get to have a laugh about it now and then when I relate some of the surreal moments in my life.

And HR is supportive of my somewhat 'alternative' dress at work - which is a major !

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Well, I'm not out yet, so most people just think I'm a lesbian. (Seeing as I'm FtM. Hope you don't mind me butting in on your board. ) I think a handful of friends have guessed, but nothing is ever said.
    Two friends know for sure though. They both rock, they still like me and they both support me. One gets to hear more of my problems than the other though, hehe, poor guy. He was the first person I told as well, and he's one of my best friends, has been since grade one.
    Lex, you guys are ALWAYS welcomed here. You have valid opinions too and should feel very comfortable participating. Dont ever think you are intruding. Personally, I'm glad to see you guys over here and I am sure others are too.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I am only out to my s.o., although some others wonder what's up with the nails and brows and legs and stuff. I'd like to be out to more people, but I'm more timid than I'd like to be. As I grow older and realize more and more clearly that the end is nearer than the beginning, I think I'm getting bolder, bit by bit.

I find it uplifting to see 20 and 30 somethings on here who seem to have come to terms with crossdressing, I think that's a great accomplishment, which I never managed until a much riper age, and I would like them to know that I'm cheering them on.
    Last edited by Julie Avery; 03-12-2006 at 04:19 PM.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."