Thread: Skirt Challenge!

Skirt Challenge!

So this is kind of goofy, but I spent New Years amongst friends and wore a cute berry skirt from Next that I totally love. We went out for a walk through a nature reserve and then got down to the serious business of drinking 2017 away!

The next morning I changed my top but kept the bottom half the same. I made the long drive back up to Leeds and stopped off for petrol - no comments. Popped to the nearby co-op to stock up on supplies, relaxed the evening away and went to bed.

Today I wore a nice pencil skirt and polka-dot blouse with one of my new pairs of boots. It occurred to me on the walk to work that I am yet to step foot into a pair of trousers in 2018... and now I'm wondering how long I can keep it up! I've already picked out my dress for tomorrow!

Walked to work.......in a pencil skirt etc? What's the job?

Ahh to be young again. To have a job where you can dress as you want how nice.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Silver Member
    I see nothing wrong with wearing a skirt 2 days on a trip. However, from experience I have found that letting a skirt relax for a day or so seems to make the skirt look fresher. Same as with a bra.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Hi Emily.

I'm doing a similar thing and trying to see how long into 2018 I can get just in skirts, dresses and (here is the difference) leggings. When doing heavy work at home I used to resort to jeans for leg protection (girls jeans of course) but they just seem too geneder neutral for my satisfaction. So leggings are my compromise. Also handy when family want to go out with a nearly 'normal' looking dad or if I don't feel like having to explain myself to someone new.
    This cahllange shoud be easy for you because you look good in a skirt and we Brits like a bit of variety in life by and large.

Daisy

Quote Originally Posted by deirdre travesty View Post
    Walked to work.......in a pencil skirt etc? What's the job?
    I'm in software, so dress code is actually pretty relaxed for me. I used to always wear a t-shirt and jeans, but the balance has definitely shifted significantly in the last month or so..!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Emily,

So jealous... I often while away time imagining what it would be like to sit en femme at my desk.

#scandal #nevergonnahappen #agirlcandream

Well, I can't say I'm doing the skirt challenge like you are, but every day from last Friday through today I've been in leggings and ballet flats when I get off work. (Still gotta wear that darn unisex uniform, though .... why couldn't I have a maid's outfit?)
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

I am so jealous, I work in a steel mill. Dirty greasy nasty stuff. We are required to wear heavy cotton fire retardant uniforms, cotton undies, and big clunky metatarsal protected saftey boots. If I don't sneak so sexy lingerie in somewhere (and I am not supposed to) I feel like an Ork. A pecil skirt and pumps ahhhhhh. It's cold so I hide some leggings on underneath. Do it for me.