Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bail Out bags

Yup, I carry one. I too call it my "drab bag".

I had one, but never a cause to use it.

Abandoned the idea a long time ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I have a change of male clothes in the trunk of my car. It's there all the time in case I'm wearing clothes I do not want to ruin if I need to change a tire. Of course, I do not want to call for a tow truck while en femme. I've had a need for a tow truck when en drab (car breakdown, minor accident) where my car was towed to the house. I am not ready for the neighbors to see me arriving in a noisy tow truck en femme.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Never had one. The whole idea never crossed my mind. Once I decided to go out in full femme it was time for any one who saw me to know about me, no more hiding.
    Ditto.

Though looking back? I suppose there was always a chance where it would have been a good idea to have one, at least from a practical point of view. If anything, just some guy-clothes, anyway.

Then again, it would be one heck of a memory to savor & story to tell, for example, about that one time you had to change a flat tire in a dress & heels!

Reality Check
    The risk with changing a tire in a dress and heels is, a guy or bunch of guys may stop to help you. When they find out you are not a woman but a male dressed as a female, things could get ugly. Or not, you never know.
    Krisi

When I first was considering going out en femme, a bag of that sort was recommended as a good idea by someone on another CD forum that I checked. The author of that post had called theirs the “get out of jail free kit”. Their idea being that if by some mischance they got in a traffic accident or pulled over for intoxication, they could change to male clothes before getting locked up by the authorities, making it easier to get back out again than if they were held while en femme. I was in central texas, and the idea of getting locked up for the night en-femme in the ‘drunk tank’ with a bunch of drunk Texas guys was not appealing at all!

So I carried one for a few months. It had everything I needed to change back to male mode, and also had the makeup and razor I would need to fully re-do my femme look, if I ruined my makeup while I was out, or stayed out so long I needed to shave.

I stopped carrying it when I became confident enough in my presentation to walk into a random convenience store or a family restaurant and talk to people like I was a cisgender lady there to get something from that store or to get a meal, and could enjoy it the same as any other woman would. And also by then I had learned how to avoid silly actions that would mess up my makeup, like rubbing my eyes or wiping my mouth with a napkin like a guy does, instead of blotting daintily with the napkin to not screw up my lipstick.

I also realized that I am a careful driver, and a responsible drinker, unlikely to ever do anything that would cause me to get locked up like that. Whatever situations I might get into, I would just handle them as any cisgender woman would.

Today. I do carry a rechargeable cordless electric razor in the center console, in case I need to knock back stubble. But I found I can use that dry, with my makeup still in place, and do the job while keeping the makeup undamaged. If I am going out for a long period in high heels, I carry a pair of more comfortable femme flats to change to if my feet get too sore. I only carry a makeup kit if I plan to be out for more than 8 hours, with no easy way to return home.

I also keep a full change of clothes in the truck for dirty work, as a couple of times I have had to slide under the truck in the dirt, grease, and mud. However, that's not my bailout bag - it's something I've done for years now after ruining a nice suit while fixing a broken clutch cable thirty miles from home. My bailout bag contains enough clothing/accessories/shoes to go either way.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Silver Member
    I'm almost always under dressed. I change to outer clothes, jewelry, wig, do my limited makeup and put my girls in, in my car. Its easy to change back, and I had to, several months ago. I had a blowout on the freeway; drivers let me exit. I called for AAA after I redressed and removed makeup. No problem.

Decades ago when I was still in the closet I kept my girl stuff in a locked bag in the trunk of the car. One day with some kind of trouble while she was out in my car, my ex wife cracked the girl bag looking for tools, that didn’t go too well. After I got outed and got on with being out myself, I too carried a bail-out bag in the trunk of the car, but never needed it and stopped bothering about it years ago. Nowadays if I have car trouble I will just call triple-A, smile pretty and flutter my lashes at the dude or dudette who shows up, and tip them a $20 after they gets me going again.

When I first started going out, which was very soon after the dressing started, and for a long time afterward I always carried a bail out bag, then I stopped because I preferred the total commitment of being a gurl out and about, and I love that no-turning-back feeling. But eventually common sense prevailed, as many ladies have mentioned, and I decided it's wise to be more practical about it. Although I've never had a reason to bail (knock on wood), unforeseen things can come up and it just makes sense to have options. If you like to dress ultra fem when you're out, as I do, I think it's especially desirable to have boy clothes on hand during the winter, when car trouble or whatever could be miserable in a skirt and high heels. So yeah, I throw a bag in the trunk, but grudgingly, and circumstances would have to be pretty dire for me to spoil on outing with those icky boy duds.