Thread: funeral arrangements when you die?

funeral arrangements when you die?

I've thought about this lately.. I've been to a couple funerals recently, and I thought.. "how do I want my funeral?", and I thought.. how cool would it be to request to have them dress you half female half male (like some do on halloween). It would be like a coming out party, and show everyone how you really were since so many of us hide our lifestyle because of the way people judge us. It would also open up people's minds if more CD'rs did this.. think about how many people go to a funeral (sometimes easily a hundred people). Odds are if every CD'r had this sort of arrangement, odds are your going to see a funeral like this. I know some may view this as disrespectful, and family members may not execute your wishes unless it's written in a signed will, but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Let me add to this that this would simply be the wake.. I'd still want to be cremated, but once your dead, it's like "hey world, this is me!"
    Last edited by jo_ann; 03-13-2006 at 08:17 PM.

No You're Not
    I'd like to be cremated, actually. But I guess that once I'm dead I won't feel too strongly about it one way or the other.

Trouble On Wheels Francesca Chantel's Avatar
    I'd want it... Taken in a black 1966 Superior Cadillac Crown Royale hearse... lol Nothing flashy, just bury me in a cheerleading outfit...

Banned Read only
    I guess it all depends on how you want to be remembered.

Funerals are for the living. If I really wanted those that felt close enough to me to come to my funeral to know who I really was, I would come out to them before I found myself in a funeral home.

I want to be cremated as well,i really dont care who comes as long as someone does lol.Im guessing it will be big as the fire brigade would be paying for it

I want to be cremated, but if I was going to be embalmed and put in a casket I'd want to be in a t-shirt in the casket, with a nice skirt on too. Why not? the bottom lid is closed anyway.

Left to my own devices, I would choose to be cremated and suitably disposed of with notices going out to family and friends after everything had been taken care of. Most of us don't have this option since when we die, the living get to make the arrangements. I've been to enough funerals and don't care if I miss my own. If there was interest in a farewell or a wake, that would be fine, but I would prefer they made do with photos, words, etc. rather than a preserved cadaver.

I'm definately with Jennaie on this one.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    I agree with Jennaie. But let's assume for a minute somebody or somebodies did know I'm a CD. Then for my wake I'd want to be in a nice dark suit and my favorite panties. I want to be cremated too, but only because I'm pretty sure my family would totally ignore the fact I've been an Atheist for 12 years and give me a Catholic burial.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    Funerals are for the living. If I really wanted those that felt close enough to me to come to my funeral to know who I really was, I would come out to them before I found myself in a funeral home.
    Exactly, think how hurt your family and friends are going to be because theyve lost you. How selfish to then slap em in the face with that one. It will be ok for you, you wont be around to face the music and the questions, but they will be, and they'll have to live with that memory of you for the rest of their lives.
    BEVxxxx
    Last edited by Bev06 GG; 03-14-2006 at 04:40 AM.

A burlap bag would do nicely and me in the firepit before some crazy redneck straps me to the roof of the car to stuffed and mounted later.
    Actually that was just a fantasy that sounded good.
    As long as the song "these are the days of our lives" by Queen is played at some point I really could careless.
    Of course as I float away I will be thinking I hope that was a clean thong!
    From the otherside of things it will be hot where I'm going so pack pleather!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

GypsyKaren
    I told my wife to go cheap, just put me in a Hefty bag and set me out on the curb.

Karen

Cremated, no family, friends only at service, coffined wearing a pair of women's white cotton panties, (full briefs) of the type I have worn since age 12, not fussed what I am clad in over the panties
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

I have thought about this alot. I would want to be in a Long gown with a wedding veil of the same color. Or maybe even in a wedding dress with all that goes with it. Something very Girlie, bows, lace, satin etc. Even the shoes to match. With my femme wedding ring and engagement ring on my finger. I'd want them to pump up my breast area so that it shows as much cleavage as possible in my bra and dress. Also a complete makeup job on my eyes for a female look. Nails done, hands and toes. I mean I'd thought of this alot. Thats what I'd want.

Haley
    Haley P. Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren
    I told my wife to go cheap, just put me in a Hefty bag and set me out on the curb.
    Heck, Karen, you're a Cub fan. She could do that now, and no one would bat an eye.

Seriously, here, I'm pretty much with the rest of you here. I'm going for the cremation thing, I don't need to be en femme for it, as I'll be dead, and beyond caring by that point.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only

Being a vet I already have a place for myself and wife. Coming from a family of military persons, (Dad was a Vet, both borther-in-laws are vets, wife's father was a vet), family might have a problem with cremation, which is what I want.

JoAnn

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar

closed coffin

My SO proposes that if I go first, she gets me dressed in something slinky. Closed coffin and absolutely NO religion

Works for me

and then some.....
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !

I dont really care too much.
    Simple and inexpensive, anyione there should have there memories and they dont cost anything.

Remember

I intend to live forever or die trying - Grucho Marx
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations