Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ava wants you...

Quote Originally Posted by Paula T
    How about an army WAC. Rent a wwII wac (womens army corp) uniform. I have thought of doing that for haloween this year. Then do your hair in a 40's style.
    That's my plan for Halloween this year. I'm thinking along the lines of Bette Midler in "For the Boys".

Another good 40s/50s clothing site is http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/. Cool accessories there too.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Ava,
    No matter who you go as, I'm sure you will be fabulous. I like the Ava Gardner notion, and can see that you would look great as her. What a woman. Audrey Hepburn also gets a vote. Yum! I have to also pull for a favorite, like Jacqui suggested, Lauren Bacall. You are right, so many choices, so few Halloweens! Good thing you have a while to decide. Let us know what you finally decide, and yes, we expect pictures.

Lauren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Well now, which way is your mind drifting ? Audrey or Marlene style? Not, please not, Schoolgirl of St ts.
    Tell us and then something more could arrive.
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 03-19-2006 at 02:36 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Smile

Sam-antha,

Well... actually, I've just decided on a costume. And I'm going to work with someone here on having it made... But it's our little secret till it's ready!

BUT you can be SURE that this forum will be the FIRST place I share it with!

Till then, thanks for the ideas!

PS. I may be going to Sakura-Con on Saturday... Any other gals going?
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Ava,

I guess you've already made up your mind, but I'd be remiss not to mention the Hollywood star of the 40's that you most resemble:

Have fun,

Windy