Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Rock.....dont we

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    While I like Rock I’m going to totally stir the pot here:

Rock and Roll is dead.

Think about it all you rockers, who do you love? Chances are it’s a band from the 60s, 70s or 80s. The last great creative resurgence of rock and roll was the Grunge movement 20 years ago. When was the last time you heard a really great NEW rock band?
    Every few months. Example: Lots of great progressive rock coming out of Europe these days. One of my favs, Whyzdom (French) was formed in 2007. A number of new progrock band arose in the 2012 timeframe to breathe new life into the genre.

Just sounds like someone using the LGBT tag as an reason/excuse to dissmiss other peoples tastes in music, like some how anyone who is part of the LGBT community should only like, Oh i dont know Show Tunes and Pop music...?

There are many famous and not so famous LGBT people in Rock & Metal
    Freddie Mercury, Rob Halford, Joan Jett, Otep, Gaahl, Mina Caputo, Laura Jane Grace to name a few

And personally I have been listening to Rock/Metal/Punk and alternative music in general long before I ever knew I was a crossdresser or part of the LGBT community...

Hell-o Mykell,
    You know I’m sitting here quietly, eyes closed, relaxed,
    and for some strange reason my right hand formed a
    set of devil horns, and my arm began to rise above
    my head.
    I believe the last rock concert I’ve seen was
    Ronnie James Dio at the Filmore in S.F.
    Hell! Was that really 20 years ago???
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

and here i am waiting for the Novocaine to wear down, my dentist asked what id prefer when he went to turn on the music, i smiled a devilish smile and said rock of coarse yet somehow we were listening to country as he drilled my tooth......ahhh the smell of burning bone in the afternoon.....all while the country crooner sings of visiting his future ex mother-in-law.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by mykell View Post
    all while the country crooner sings of visiting his future ex mother-in-law.....
    Maybe she can help him get his pick-up truck and lost dog back!

and here i am waiting for the Novocaine to wear down, my dentist asked what id prefer when he went to turn on the music, i smiled a devilish smile and said rock of coarse yet somehow we were listening to country as he drilled my tooth......ahhh the smell of burning bone in the afternoon.....all while the country crooner sings of visiting his future ex mother-in-law.....
    Double the torture there!!!
    Hey, you know what I wanna know about twang twang???? Well,, with cars becoming autonomous now, how long before we see and autonomous pick up truck. Then, how long after that will there be a country song about getting left by your truck?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

While I like Rock I’m going to totally stir the pot here:

Rock and Roll is dead.

Think about it all you rockers, who do you love? Chances are it’s a band from the 60s, 70s or 80s. The last great creative resurgence of rock and roll was the Grunge movement 20 years ago. When was the last time you heard a really great NEW rock band?
    When the synthesizer started gaining popularity in the 80's, I think it signaled the beginning of the end for not just rock and roll, but music as we once knew it. throughout the 80's and into the 90's the synth gradually started replacing musicians. At the time we applauded, "Hey now I can do a multi role all by myself!" Then came windows 95, and computers were everywhere! Record labels found that they could do what I call "cookie cutter" albums. Generic one size fits all (or most at least) cranked out by a computer, and designed to appeal to the broadest possible audience in an attempt to maximize profits.
    Joe Walsh is also very outspoken on this topic. Here is a quote from one of meany interviews with him....
    “I have watched music go from an art form into an industry. And I have watched it stop dead in its tracks because of the digital age,”... The new generation of musicians is writing music on computers, and this is very sad. Because the quality of songwriting has crashed and dived. There are some songs out that are made by only one guy, who works a computer and doesn’t play any instruments.

“So the days of going into a recording studio, setting up in the same room with other musicians and having eye contact with them is gone. There’s a great mojo in musicians creating music together — the magic of the human performance And all of that is gone. You can tell when you listen to the radio. Most of the songs on radio are perfect now. And perfect, to me, doesn’t sound right.” (Joe Walsh in an interview with George Varga May 14 2016, The San Diego Union-Tribune) http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html

Rock and Roll is dead.
    Was there ever a time in the history of Rock & Roll that someone wasn't pronouncing it dead? I think it reflects on the person playing musical medical examiner more than it reflects on the genre. It generally means their tastes have solidified and can't follow where Rock has gone / is going.

When I was in my 20's, my music teacher (former pianist with the NBC Symphony in the 40's) told me, "You can't claim to love music if you don't love all music. If there's a kind of music you don't like, the problem is you don't understand it." The lecture was apropos of me saying I hated opera and resulted in me going out and learning more about it. I'm a total fan now. I hated Bluegrass until I performed it for four years.

To bring it around to transgenderism, all those folks who say they don't like transgender folks? They just don't understand us.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

So rock and roll is dead? Watch this and then tell me that rock is dead. Brittany Howard is the real deal. Anyone who lists her influences as Bon Scott, Led Zeppelin and David Bowie was definitely brought up right. Rock may not command the airwaves like it did in the late twentieth century, but there are still lots of new talents reinventing the genre every day. You just have to know where to look, because the corporate music business doesn't sell it anymore.

First: Yes, we rock. Absolutely. This thread is exhibit A.

Second: Now I can't get that Dio song out of my head!

Third: I posted a thread a few years ago, asking about rock clubs where M2F crossdressers would be welcome, because hanging out at a dance club isn't my idea of a good time. The answers mostly seemed in the negative. If you want T-girl friendly nightclubs, don't could on rocking. So my question for this group is, where should we go? I want to dress pretty and rock at that same time, and I'm obviously not alone...

I found Tracii's comment that most metal audiences are cool with you, however you dress, intriguing. I haven't experienced it myself - can you share a bit more about that? I was super-close to dressing up to go see Against Me! last time they played in town, but didn't try it because I hadn't come out to wife at the time. Not sure how she'd feel about it now, but I feel that any audience that's cool with Laura Jane Grace would be cool with anyone!

Finally, here's proof that I rock both male and female. The best thing about playing in an 80's metal cover band is you can wear tights, wigs, and makeup on stage, and people love it! Same axe in both...

27066862_1503000869767960_3020620964740771859_n.jpg 5583719893_3f1664509f.jpg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I saw Tom Keifer (Cinderella) enfemme but I went with 3 GG's..
    Not really a metal show that time but plenty of headbangers and a mosh pit that I wouldn't get near LOL.
    Not one bad look towards us just people buying us drinks every now and then.It was a great show.
    Saw Black Flag enfemme and punks/metal heads all over the place and I was up front at the stage with a bunch of BIG guys with spikes thru their noses.
    One looked at me and said OK cool I can dig it do your own thing.
    Half way thru the show he leaned over and asked if I wanted a beer and I said no thanks I'm not a drinker. He said well come with me anyway we can sit and talk. So we did. He was a nice guy just a gargantuan LOL All of 6 foot 8 and built like a steam roller.
    Went to see Brett Michaels with two GG friends that LOVE Brett and we had a killer time.
    They were screaming and showing Brett their boobs LOL One kept trying to get me to pull my bra up but oh no I wan't going there.
    The crowd there was 75% women having orgasms over Brett and while I like his music and he is cute his new stuff isn't as good as what he did in Poison.

P.S went to see Lita Ford enfemme with some gay friends and they were not much fun so I went up towards the stage hoping to get a pick Lita was tossing into the crowd.
    It was funny she saw me trying to catch picks so after the song Kiss Me Deadly she pointed at me and said that lady in the yellow top up front you are so freakin cute you deserve a new pick not a broken one.
    She read me and gave me the thumbs up and a big smile as she handed me a guitar pick.
    Do it and have fun is all I can say.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-28-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Ah-May-Lee
    Alexis, I don't know where you live and I don't even know if there are still places called rock clubs anymore. But when I lived in NYC i went to any rock club or concert place with no problems. It didn't matter what type of band was playing, punk, rockabilly, oldie like the Ventures, alternative, blues, small venues or large it didn't matter. Any place in NYC was OK to go to but I don't know the places that exist today but if there are any, then any place will be OK to see a band.

Also there were places in Baltimore that were more recent but I don't know if they exist either. Ottobar, Rams Head, Orpheus a goth club, They re trying to re open Hammerjacks. I have been to some of these clubs and other smaller places and have had no problems whatever.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    So rock and roll is dead? Watch this and then tell me that rock is dead. alopecia is the real deal. Anyone who lists her influences as Bon Scott, Led Zeppelin and David Bowie was definitely brought up right. Rock may not command the airwaves like it did in the late twentieth century, but there are still lots of new talents reinventing the genre every day. You just have to know where to look, because the corporate music business doesn't sell it anymore.
    Alabama Shakes? IDK about the influences listed above, but, I'm feeling a little more R&B from them than Rock.

Thanks for the great stories, Tracii. It's great to hear about those positive experiences! I guess being confident and just doing is a huge part of it all.

Amelie - I'm in Chicago, so there are no shortage of rock clubs. A lot of them are original music venues, and honestly, those are probably the safer bets. Any of the fancy-schmancy clubs that cater to cover bands, etc. are much more likely that attract a meathead crowd that might be hostile to girls like us. I'm thinking places like Empty Bottle, Elbo Room, Reggie's, even Metro, would be pretty cool. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw a CD at a show at Reggie's once. I couldn't be 100% certain, but I think we know...

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    About all I listen to is rock, mostly grunge and postgrunge. I saw one of Soundgarden's last concerts, sadly, and I had a blast hanging out with the Toadies in September. Their best stuff came after they got back together in the mid 2000s. Really nice guys- I did a VIP meet n greet and they let me sing backing vocals on an acoustic version of "Tyler." All in drab, but you get the point.

I have a couple of cheap guitars. Love singing mostly, though.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    Alabama Shakes? IDK about the influences listed above, but, I'm feeling a little more R&B from them than Rock.
    Half the acts in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame would fit into multiple categories, including R&B. I don't think anyone would dispute that Janis Joplin was a rock star, but her roots were pure blues and R&B. Getting back to Brittany Howard, to my ear, there's a whole lot of the late Tom Petty in that girl's style, and few would dispute that artist's credentials. The bottom line... categories don't work. The lines are so subjective. For instance, I was at Willies July 4th Picnic last summer and saw a couple of acts, including Lukas Nelson and The Promise of The Real that day, that I would plunk into the rock category. Like I said, you have to know where to look for it, cause it is not on the air in any commercial sense.

Ah-May-Lee
    One has to look and search for good music, it won't be found turning a radio on. There is still some good rock, I like some of the bands from Japan. They have some good goth bands. Also been listening to rockabilly bands out of Norway and other places in Europe. I just search youtube, I'm always finding new bands and old that I never heard before.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I love rock mostly from the 50 's 60's and 70's and some of the new stuff. My wife and I have danced to rock for 50 years.
    Angie

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Now that sounds like my idea of Hell 😮
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I love me some rock and blues! I'm a guitarist as well, havent played enfemme yet, but that'll be changing pretty soon. There is a lot of guitar driven music still out there, its just not widely heard on radio because of the narrow boxes stations have become to maximize profit/listeners.

Check out Ariel Bellvalaire or Ally Venable on youtube, tell me rock is dead.

I have a couple of drum kits
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I am just a crossdresser,but this thread was just too fun not to join in. I like any "good" music, that includes Big Band, Rock n Roll, Pop, and of course both Country and Western.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollermiss View Post
    For me it is classic rock and roll. Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Bob Seger, AC/DC etc. .............................
    Now that's funny. This is not the first time I've heard Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Bob Seger, AC/DC etc. described as "classic rock". Perhaps it's the age but when I think of classic rock, I think of Fats Domino, Chubby Checker, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis Pressley, etc.

As for whether gay people like a certain kind of music, I doubt gay people are any different in their musical tastes than any other group of people.
    Krisi

I have played music my entire adult life, starting with Led Zepplin, Cream, and The Who in HS. Got into blues, swing and bluegrass later in life. Now play mostly traditional fiddle tunes and such, but I enjoy all types of music. Rap not so much.
    Honoring the woman within

Reality Check
    I've played music my whole life also but apparently my life began way before yours. As above, I began by playing Fats Domino, Chubby Checker, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis Pressley, etc. Then I moved on to Motown, then the Beatles.

I got into playing country music when it was actually country music and the artists were from the country. I made good money at it. I retired and moved away and that was the end of my music career.

I do have a question and answer for everyone though: Why are there so many "oldies" stations on the radio? Answer - Because today's music is not worth listening to.
    Krisi

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A lot of what you hear on the radio is pretty bad. Basically "canned" music that is just a sound track with vocals that sound like they were computer generated.
    Electronic music to me is annoying because there is not heart and soul to it just machine made and no talent involved.
    A good friend of mine played guitar for a country act that opened for Shania Twain and he said she isn't that great a singer.
    She uses auto tune software and runs it thru the soundboard and the house PA system at arenas.
    A lot of pop singers use it so its not just her.
    Pop is just full of talent less artists that use soundtracks at live shows and just act like they are performing.
    Thats why I support live local music because the music is original and made with talent,hard work and dedication to the art of music.
    I have seen Chubby Checker,Jerry Lee Lewis,Bo Diddly,The Beatles all back in the early 60's and it was a great era in R&R.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-02-2018 at 11:04 AM.