Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Notice That This is Huge?

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar

Anyone Else Notice That This is Huge?

No, not my boobs, I wish though.

When I log on to this site I scroll down to the bottom to look at the numbers. I notice that the guests far out number the members as far as who is viewing the site. Now this site has a LOT of members so that tells me there are a ton of people who either are crossdressers or are interested in it. I have known for a long time that crossdressing is prevalent in today's society, but how big is it? Does anyone know what the statistics are?
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

Banned Read only
    I would love to know an accurate percentage figure for MTF CDrs.
    I can't see how it could possibly be done.
    Has it been done?

No one knows the exact numbers, it's all guesses, but my guess is...a lot. Enough that our money is noticed by the plus size retailers.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I dont' know, but I think if you look at and include everything from panty/pantyhose guys all the way to full time transexuals that is probably an awefully large number. I dont' want to debate what constitudes a 'crossdresser', but I think if this group wants their numbers to look pretty big you can't leave out those panty guys. :cheeky:

My "personal" feeling is that if you walk in a room of 20 men at least one guy in that room is a crossdresser, or has crossdressed or something to some small or large extend. I base this on nothing scientific.

Also, I know of probably another 100 cd's that have never been to this site...{not that I am keeping track, but giving a pretty round guess}. So if I am one person that knows of at least 100 cd's that do not come here....well think about how many (cd's) each forum member knows who have never come here as well. Not to mention all the cd's out there who don't have computers, which you will never hear from.

just numbers to ponder!

Error: User not found;
    the numbers 1/10 , 1/15 spring to mind , i dont recall where i seen them or if that was even the correct numbers but , i do remember vagually reading numbers for people that had a gay experience in there life , i dont exactly remember the male one but it was between 30%-50% and females were 70% , now walking around in my hillbilly town and thinking 3 out of 10 guys ive walked past have some fun with another guy is pretty mindblowing.

Or as us Aussies say - Everytime you see a snake theres 10 you didnt see.

Anyway 86% of all statistics are fake...

Banned Read only
    My neighbor on one side, told me the neighbor on the other side of me was a crossdresser. He didn't know I was. I'm not about to come out to anyone. It's my little secret, and it's gonna stay that way.

I think the large numbers of voyeurs is due to fascination and quirkiness, as well as interest. Most men won't admit it, even many of the ones who are on this site, but crossdressers are, or can be, very sexy.

I believe that society as a whole is beginning to come to grips with the fact that we all have a male and female side to us. I think that this awareness is causing people to begin to take a look at "whats out there", who is expressing their other self and in what ways.

I think that there will come a day that you will see men wearing makeup and feminine clothing without wigs or "dressing totally as female" but simply expressing their female side. I think that women will do this as well, although they already have the jump on us males in gender-bending dressing.

Sadly, I don't think I will live to see this day. But I do believe it is comming and that is a wonderful thing in my humble opinion.

I lurked here as a guest for quite a while before I got the nerve to join, maybe we're about to gain a few members!

What Me Worry
    I think the true number lies between 1 and the total population of the earth.

Not here but I just checked my 360 site and and it has been viewed 71,000 times since the begning of the year. And I have a link to crossdressers on there so there is a lot of traffic on tg related sites. WOW

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-15-2006 at 11:37 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    I think that there will come a day that you will see men wearing makeup and feminine clothing without wigs or "dressing totally as female" but simply expressing their female side. I think that women will do this as well, although they already have the jump on us males in gender-bending dressing.

Sadly, I don't think I will live to see this day. But I do believe it is comming and that is a wonderful thing in my humble opinion.
    Jeannaie, I sure hope so this is coming, and I hope to see that day for myself. Because that is who I am. A guy who likes to wear feminine clothes at times. If I knew for sure it would not affect my family and my job, I would wear a mix of feminine and masculine clothes now. But I have told my wife, until the time comes where I can go to the hardware store in a long skirt and top, work boots and 3 day beard and be accepted by society, I will continue to leave the house presenting a male or female image that society can handle.

KimberlyS - CD
    A guy in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Banned Read only
    Most animals have a short season for reproductive sex. Humans, on the other hand, engage in recreational sex 12 months of the year. And no matter how good it may be, it gets boring after a while, and requires some diversions for variety. Some people run around. Some crossdress. But it's all a diversion to spice up ones sex life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Susan
    I think the large numbers of voyeurs is due to fascination and quirkiness, as well as interest. Most men won't admit it, even many of the ones who are on this site, but crossdressers are, or can be, very sexy.
    I'll admit it.
    Hail Satin!

My understanding here in Oz,is around 10% of men regularly cd.,I feel the % to be much higher,the amount of cders I've met surprised me greatly,Ifeel that most men will continue to live in a frustrated nettherland,flittering in and
    of panties,between euphoria and disappointment,a little like myself.
    falxx

Quote Originally Posted by Janelle Young
    I have known for a long time that crossdressing is prevalent in today's society, but how big is it? Does anyone know what the statistics are?
    Maybe we could ask the mind police at th Department of Justice to see the search logs they've subpoenaed from Google and Yahoo. You could probably tell from those.

Cathy

I think it is as big a Delta Burke's Panties! Common you remember designing women what good Cd doesn't. Annie potts was simple delightful!
    Anyway you probably would get a lot of guests like myself who sat on a fence about joining until a good gust of wind blew his skinny ass off of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

I imagine a few users view some of the threads before logging in, if at all. Some will wait to log in until they come across a thread they want to respond to.
    DonnaT

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I dont think that CDing is a minor thing at all---I would wager that the true percentage of active CDers may be closer to 25 percent if not higher, than closer to 10%--as I HAVE seen hints and signs in many of my friends and associates---many of whom I would never have suspected otherwise.
    And in the 1960's, at least nearly all my early teen friends and guys I knew would CD for Halloween---about 75%--I WOULD NOT do it though (I guess it was 'too close to home " for me)

Yes, indeed I think the number of CDers is a LOT more than we would imagine--if not actually dressing, then at least fantasizing about it. and many might be very heavily closeted or in denyal.

Homosexuals on the other hand, (despite what Kensey said) number only 3.5% of the population. CD, on the other hand, an entirely different condition, more identity based than sexual, likely is a MUCH higher percent. BTW when I say "identity based", I also include the "BUZZ" some otherwise "normal" people get just by crossing identity lines, and not only those with identity 'issues".

Personnaly I view frequently, but don't often sign in. Also when I try to sign in via AOL dial up I am not allowed to post even though it says I am signed on. Not sure why, and since I don't usually have much to say it's not been a big deal.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janelle Young
    No, not my boobs, I wish though.

When I log on to this site I scroll down to the bottom to look at the numbers. I notice that the guests far out number the members as far as who is viewing the site. Now this site has a LOT of members so that tells me there are a ton of people who either are crossdressers or are interested in it. I have known for a long time that crossdressing is prevalent in today's society, but how big is it? Does anyone know what the statistics are?
    I suspect that many of the guests are "trans curious" people who have the desire to be like Us but lack either the nerve or the opportunity. Hopefully they will come out of thier closet, shell etc enough to actually take an online femme identity. Others might just be curious to see what We are like and still others may just be admirers--to them I would say "admire all you like"

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    I think it is as big a Delta Burke's Panties! Common you remember designing women what good Cd doesn't. Annie potts was simple delightful!
    Anyway you probably would get a lot of guests like myself who sat on a fence about joining until a good gust of wind blew his skinny ass off of it.
    Loved the outfits that Dixie Carter wore.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G
    My neighbor on one side, told me the neighbor on the other side of me was a crossdresser. He didn't know I was. I'm not about to come out to anyone. It's my little secret, and it's gonna stay that way.
    Are there any homes for sale in your neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Anderson
    Maybe we could ask the mind police at th Department of Justice to see the search logs they've subpoenaed from Google and Yahoo. You could probably tell from those.

Cathy

If it wasn't so close to being true it would be really funny.
    Lets explore.

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

thoughts of mine

I dont know about everyother person but i joined up once i found your site. I was searching for a home where I wouldn't be alone. and or many who are scared it is heard to sign right up so they lurk and view and learn then when their self confidence grows they will join.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord