Thread: Day out mishap

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar

Day out mishap

Well my first trip out for a year turned out to be very eventful. You may have a chuckle at my this.Met up with my 2 friends and we got taxi into Glasgow, it was a busy Saturday afternoon.No sooner had I stepped out of the taxi (very ladylike of course) my whole sole came off my high heel I was mortified and had to hobble the 100 yrds to the bar,honestly it could've been a mile.

In the bar I Made the decision I had to get a new pair, I had 20 mins to get to Primark so I had no option but to whip the other sole off and make the lopsided walk to the shops. We're all eyes on me probably,So much for being discreet lol,I managed to make the journey in 5 mins,I quite impressed myself tried a few pairs on and decided I'd buy a lower heel, as my feet were killing me.I walked back to the bar (a much more pleasent stroll) and my friends, and was introduced to the other ladies,GG buddies of one of my friends (more on that later) with a story to tell
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Reality Check
    I remember heels breaking back many years ago but I haven't seen a woman break a heel in years. You are lucky you were near a shoe store and could find a pair of shoes in your size.
    Krisi

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Krisi I believe the moral in this story is if it's going to happen to any one it's sure as heck going to happen to me
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Applause for keeping your focus and not letting it ruin your day!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    My wife gave me good advice, "Always bring a back up pair of shoes, just in case ".

Banned Read only
    Much worse than getting a run in your stockings! At least a lot of women carry a spare package of pantyhose. It's a little difficult to carry another pair of shoes when using a taxi or public transportation. I carry a spare set of male clothing in the trunk of my car in case my male clothes get messed up during some emergency.

At least you had the confidence to get the situation taken care of. Many including me would have a panic situation and I'd probably have called the meeting off and went home.

Banned Read only
    Sophie,
    So after all that you become the , " Life and Sole of the party !! "

Sorry about that ! These things happen , on one occasion I was all set with makeup on and then realised I'd forgotten to pack my boobs , luckily a good friend came to the rescue with some spare forms .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-18-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Nice to have friends to give you support.

Saturday arvo in Glasgow, too near Saturday night and no shops for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good job on carrying on and not letting it ruin your day ! Well done
    Murphy's law and all that.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Sophie,
    So after all that you become the , " Life and Sole of the party !! "

Sorry about that ! These things happen , on one occasion I was all set with makeup on and then realised I'd forgotten to pack mym boobs , luckliy a good friend came to the rescue with some spare forms .
    Borrowed boobs? Sounds like a country song!
    Krisi

I never had a heel break on me. I may just be lucky.
    Angie

Thanks for sharing your story Sophie, I broke a heel on a night out, luckily it was right near the end. My feet were aching anyway after a long night of dancing. I took off my shoes and spent the last hour ruining a nice pair of stockings. I even went into a restaurant asked for a table in stockings lol...

Glad your mishap did not ruin your night out...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yeah Sophie, you get a great big ATTA GIRL for that.

What would be a outing ender for many of us, you just handled the way most any GG would.

Thanx for the post!
    Cass

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U were quite fortunate, Sophie, that everything was convenient and open!

I wasn't so lucky the nite the entire sole and heel fell off one of my 5" heels 2 minutes after entering Disneyland for a Halloween event dressed as a princess! I could have limped back to my car, (20 minutes), driven home and back with new heels, (1 hour +), paid another $20 to park my car, and been back to meet my friends 2+ hours later. Fortunately, my friends found me and one of them took my boot to Security in Disneyland. They had a roll of duct tape she used to tape my hi heel back together! Ugly, but lasted the entire 5 hours and 3+ miles we walked around!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sophie, you are lucky that three was a shoe place. Nice going.
    Part Time Girl

Oh my, that happened to me last fall in Amsterdam. Fortunately it happened before I got to the bus stop and close to my car. I normally carry about three pairs of heels with me. Just got another pair and took the bus downtown Amsterdam.

Sorry you lost your sole, happy you found new ones.

Good for you in the way you handled the heel malfunction!!

Sounds like you handled it well! Glad it didn't ruin your evening.

I was once downtown, en-femme, while wearing a pair of high heel boots that I had just that same day gotten back from having the cap on the tip of the spike heels replaced. That cap piece was a quarter inch thick, and walking without it, the heel would rapidly have been ruined, as the heel spike wasn't designed as a wear surface above that point. I was almost a mile from my car when the darned spike heel cap came off again! The repair shop had only glued it on! I found the cap, still dangling by a few wisps of glue, and then had to walk on the balls of my feet, heels not touching the ground, for the almost-mile back to my car! Fortunately, I did have a spare pair of shoes in my car - the ones I had been wearing when I picked up the 'repaired' boots form the shop earlier that day. I changed into those shoes, then called the repair shop and chewed them out, and then finished my evening outing as planned.

The next day I went back to that shoe repair shop and insisted they fix the heels the right way, with at least one small nail to hold the heel cap on the spike! They did, at no charge, while I waited. The boots have been fine since then.