Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am i doing rite or wrong

am i doing rite or wrong

Hi everyone. Last weekend I went shopping with my wife. I was dressed as usual. We tried on dresses, jeans, blouses, and different jewelry. We had a good time and the stopped at apple bees to get something to eat. We had a nice talk. When we returned home around midnight she asked me a question I was not sure how to answer. She asked me do I think I am honoring God when I dress up and go out as a woman. She said God made us male and female and He does not make mistakes. She said she loves me either way but is concerned if we are in or out of God’s will when I dress. I have been dressing for a long time and she even helps me with my hair and cosmetics. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone has thought about this question am I sinning.

I am pretty much a heathen, I guess, but I was raised Christian and still have the hangover for that. When I seriously ask myself that question, I have to answer that God did make me the way I am, i.e., all of me, including my mind. If He didn't want me to crossdress, live as a woman, whatever, why did he make the urge so strong??

My answer to this is: If god doesnt make mistakes then how are you wrong. We are born this way even if some of us discover it later.

Is this a choice for us? If it is no choice then how can we be wrong? Did God make a mistake? Or did man declare this as wrong because of his interpretation of scripture?

God doesnt ask that we dress or not dress. Man does. God does ask that we love him and one another.

Our love of God is not dependant on gender, sexuality, race, or any other of a dozen or more conditions we as man have placed as conditional to loving God.

I believe that if we live the 10 Commandments and The Beatitudes we have lived our lives as God asks. Is that wrong?

My opinions for what they are worth.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

I dont believe in a "God" as in a King James Bible god..... but if we are made in "Gods" image then God would look damn good in a teddy, stockings & some heels! don't cha think!

If jesus can accept being betrayed and killed, then I think god can handle us crossdessers, if not well I will see the rest of you hethens in hell!!!! ROFLMAO!
    what a fool I use to be

Does God care more about how you treat others or what kind of underwear you have on? Jesus said to love God and to love others as we love ourselves.

Hi Rebecca (a fine Biblical name, by the way). There is exactly ONE reference to crossdressing in the Bible (Deut. 22:5) And it is important to understand the context and the history of this passage of scripture. We have discussed this at length in the Religion Discussion Group. I am the moderator of that group and would be happy to have join us. If you would like to do, just click my name on the discription of the group on the homepage of the forum. Hope to see you there.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Hey I've often struggled with those thoughts as well! I've pondered whether or not my dressing temptations were the work of Satan! Who can say for sure and will not know until we make that last final transition of our souls!
    I just hope that if I go to hell the Devil will have a decent pantie selection.
    And hope he doesn't get to offended when I ask if he tucks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Well according to those who believe he made us so we cannot be mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca
    She asked me do I think I am honoring God when I dress up and go out as a woman.
    There are different ways to understand this question. Perhaps the correct way is not "is the mere act of crossdressing contrary to God's will?" but, rather "is the *way* I am approaching this honoring Godl?" There is a major difference between these two questions.

> She said God made us male and female

As Jan Clare mentioned, Genesis says:

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

One interpretation is that God created the primal man with both male and female traits. And that part of the way "back to the Garden" is to reintegrate them. For some related discussion, you might see this article:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...tg/alchemy.htm

> He does not make mistakes.

One possibility is that God "makes" us CDers, the purpose being for us to use this conflict to rise above it and become better in the process.

The most important thing is an attitude of humility. You have to pray and make an effort to subordinate your will to God--not prejudging what the outcome is. Perhaps something like this:

1. God, I don't know what you want.
    2. If You want me to stop, let me stop!
    3. If You want me to continue, let me continue!
    4. If You want me to find a creative new solution to the whole thing, may that happen!

Note that it is almost as willful to simply assume God wants you to stop, as it is to dress and not even consider the question.

But, as with anything else, God often helps those who help themselves. So common sense tells you that you need to make some kind of effort. Years ago I went to confession to talk about CDing. The priest made a casual remark about counseling. Then I realized that simply going to a counselor--even if just a few times--was a concrete way I could assure that I wasn't just lost in wishful thinking.

Cathy
    Last edited by Cathy Anderson; 03-18-2006 at 03:13 AM.

God is a funny fellow/gal- being misrepresented by organized religion is even a way of pointing out to us what he/she is not!
    Cathy's link is a great one to go to, a far different perspective from what you get from Churchianity.
    "Rite or wrong"? That's one we have to work out ourselves. Working it out is just part of this strange thing we call life.
    Do as ye will, but harm none.

Smile

god gives us all lessons to learn and also gives us lessons for one or all people around us to learn. we all have to learn to be happy with oue self and to love our self as we are. i think god gave me a gift that helps me understand what is to be a male and some understanding of being a female. i don't think that god is perfect look around at what we have hear in nature. we have to understand that no person is perfect. you are not sinning you are being you an that is what god want us to be.0.02
    hugs
    Ronda

Getting wet looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Who did Jesus spend most of his time with? And who was he against?

Old Testament Theology is all well and good, but harking back to the Old Testament makes a complete mockery of the love and forgiveness Jesus showed the world in his crucifiction and his resurection.

I have Gender Identity Dysphoria, it's a medical condition, not a spiritual issue.

Rebecca

Question I stuglle with this too

Ok I stuggle with this too. God made me a man I made me into a crossdresser. It was by choise that I made me what I am today.
    I feel that when I crossdress I do it for me not God. Thank you for bringing this up. as for the sin part for most we sin every day. I know I do.

Missy

Nice to know your wife is so supportive

It's also good to see she realizes God doesn't make mistakes. God made you the way you are, so how can CDing be wrong. God didn't make clothes, man did. Adam and Eve were naked, then they wore the same thing, fig leaves

See

http://members.aol.com/gnlnews/mistakes.html

source:

http://members.aol.com/gnlnews/index1.html

I agree with Tracey somewhat. i am also a heathen or pagan these days, or maybe animist, but with a Catholic upbringing.

I think the key issue is self -respect. If you can still respect yourself when you dress, then you are respecting God's creation, in any religion. And showing respect for His work is no sin.
    One's true gender is in the heart and soul, not one's anatomy.

Your brain...don't leave home without it!Maureen

[SIZE="3"]I've been told by my local bible source that sinning means, to miss the mark of perfection. Therefor, the only perfection is the creator. Pretty simple stuff. So, we are all sinners. I know as crossdressers, none of us hit the mark of perfection. Sherlyn, comes close though. My source, also knows of my cding and I love to hear his biblical interpretations of my cding. It's so funny.

A dear girl friend of mine told me this, God is the creator, when we transform ourselves to our feminine side we are creating an image of how we see ourselves. Being creative brings us closer to God.
    Nuff said. Go in peace.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I don't mean to be frivolous by saying this, but is it all that much different, in principle, than changing your hair color if God made you brunette and you like to be a redhead?
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

This subject has been the source of more than one fierce argument. Sin is indivigual and something that may be right for you may be wrong for me. Where you are in your walk with God may lead you to change things in your life. Don't let people who use snippets from the Bible to justify their prejudices. When I rededicated my life after several years of running from God I let people influence the way I think. It was later revealed to me that I was to witness to people in the crossdressing community. To be an effective witness I needed to be able to relate to the challenges and issues of crossdressing.

God loves us and wants us to be happy. My answer is to pray about it and let God reveal his will in his time.

Your sister in Christ

Rachel

I just want you folk to know that this thread may well be moved to the Religion Forum if we get too involved with beliefs and such (and, particularly, if we get dissenting opinions). If you have not yet joined that forum, and wish to continue reading and partaking in this thread, then I suggest you put in a request to join it soon.

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    I'm not sure this is a good place for an out and out religious discussion but I will give you my take on the matter as a Christian and a trans person.

1. God did make us male and female both inside and out. Not neccessarily the same in the same body.

2. You are right, God doesn't make mistakes. He made us as we are for a reason. Just have to figure out what that reason is. For me, I figure that reason is to help the pharisees among us to try to understand that God's love is for everybody and that we should truly look for what the Bible is really saying.

3. Jesus said "come to me all who are burdened and heavy laden and I will give you peace." Christ was not just for the religiously fervent, He wanted each of us.

If you would be interested in more insight as a Christian, I urge you to read the Grace and Lace Love Letters, originally written by Lee Francis Heller.

http://members.tgforum.com/bobbyg/tgfgnl.html

Hi everyone. Last weekend I went shopping with my wife. I was dressed as usual. We tried on dresses, jeans, blouses, and different jewelry. We had a good time and the stopped at apple bees to get something to eat. We had a nice talk. When we returned home around midnight she asked me a question I was not sure how to answer. She asked me do I think I am honoring God when I dress up and go out as a woman. She said God made us male and female and He does not make mistakes. She said she loves me either way but is concerned if we are in or out of God’s will when I dress. I have been dressing for a long time and she even helps me with my hair and cosmetics. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone has thought about this question am I sinning.
    Rebecca I have heard the same thing out of my wife, I tell her, she is right, God dose not make mistakes, God made me this way.
    When I hide my fem side I am depressed and sad and not someone she wants to be around.
    When I am not trying to hide my fem side I am a kinder and gentler person, the person God wants me to be and the person she love and wants to be with. This is who I am and God would not want me to be what I am not, and it will be those who judge that will have a problem with God.

Anna

Without getting into a deep philosophical discussion on the nature of God and the ways that modern Christianity *******izes true belief (no offense meant to anyone, by the way), I sincerely doubt that God really cares that you crossdress. In fact, your crossdressing likely brings you closer to God than you know.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

[SIZE=4]In my heart I know that I am not sinning when I wear ladies clothes, but why is it that I can't go to church to worship and just say "Hi God this is me - this is the way I am, I'm one of your children and I wear a dress.[/SIZE]

She asked me do I think I am honoring God when I dress up and go out as a woman. She said God made us male and female and He does not make mistakes.
    I'm not very religious, but have a religious background and thought quite a lot about religion without taken the bible literally.
    My conclusion is: If there is God, then the only way to honor him is to search and find your inner peace, which includes respecting and honoring yourself as well as your fellow men and nature.
    This is a motive found in almost all religions and holds true for the non- religious.
    I don't know if God doesn't make mistakes, but the whole creation is not only bipolar. You can take whatever you want, you will always find something that is inbetween and bears boths aspects.

In the bible you read only : God created day and night.
    But If he wouldn't allow something between the poles, he wouldn't have created dawn too, but a light switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Avery
    I don't mean to be frivolous by saying this, but is it all that much different, in principle, than changing your hair color if God made you brunette and you like to be a redhead?
    Well...provided the collar and cuffs match...

(a wink and a nod to Sean Connery as James Bond in "Diamonds Are Forever" for that little profundity!)