Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a more terrifying feeling...

Is there a more terrifying feeling...

...than having a stuck zipper at an inconvenient moment?

They all seem to get stuck when it's most crital to get dressed for a short time or get out of something fast before a visitor leaves your front door.

Gold Member
    It is bound to happen at the best of times; Murphy's Law.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    ...than having a stuck zipper at an inconvenient moment?
    Yes, there is...when some of the skin of your (Ahem! ) gets stuck in there at the same time, and you realize that "tucking" is your friend when wearing "barely there" silky, sexy, lacey womens' undies...

Username,

Before I answer you question can I suggest your change your, "Username" before you get hacked! Please tell me, no don't, that your user password is password! For goodness sake, pick a femme name....soon.

So answering you question, Pencil skirts, bodycon dresses, all have a secret agenda to trap you by way of a stuck zip just at the moment you need it least. It's happened to most of us. If it hasn't happen to you, it will!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I think zips are the devils own invention.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A more terrifying feeling? I'm sure. But I suppose the vast majority who've experienced that type of thing, are probably dead.
    Falling out of a plane without a parachute? A common WW1 experience. Being in a racing motor vehicle accident and finding yourself on fire trapped in the car? Yep.
    Pretty much everyone on the Titanic and Hindenburg.
    Being on a submarine being depth charged.
    Being in the open ocean after your ship sank.
    Being a spy who is caught by the people you were spying on.
    Being strapped into the gallows/electric chair/guillotine and hearing the mechanism start to operate.
    Falling off of a tall cliff/mountain.
    Trying to escape enemy territory and hearing a machine gun bolt being pulled back.
    Being trapped between the platform and a train, having your lower body twisted and completely cut off the circulation, knowing that the moment when they released you, you would die.

Yeah, there are a lot of more terrifying feelings. That was just a short list that I put together last time someone asked a similar question.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    I've had something thats somewhat related, although not as dangerous. The zipper pull on my purse has snagged my top whic is made of a loose knit kind of material. It could have snagged the top and ruin it, but with a little luck I managed to figure it out. Good thing because I really didn't want to lose a nice top.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Been there and laughed at it later

tranny stuck in dress.jpg

Platinum Member
    Hi UN , Been there and done that,

I had to break the zipper to make a quick escape out of a skirt .>Orchid..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've been there many times, especially when the zipper is stuck just out of reach .

Happened at my favorite thrift store. During a try on. I had to come out of the fitting room. I looked for the clerk that I knew. No sign of her. I had to ask a customer for help. She was very nice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Yes, there is...when some of the skin of your (Ahem! ) gets stuck in there at the same time, and you realize that "tucking" is your friend when wearing "barely there" silky, sexy, lacey womens' undies...
    Darling, that's worse than terrifying, it's unladylike!

When shopping for clothes, I tend to favor items that require a minimum of tucking, if any at all. I figure if I do a good enough job in other areas, I'll be fairly successful at keeping people's eyes off my crotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Username,

Before I answer you question can I suggest your change your, "Username" before you get hacked! Please tell me, no don't, that your user password is password! For goodness sake, pick a femme name....soon.

So answering you question, Pencil skirts, bodycon dresses, all have a secret agenda to trap you by way of a stuck zip just at the moment you need it least. It's happened to most of us. If it hasn't happen to you, it will!
    Of course my password isn't password! My password is S-E-C-R-E-T. Secret!

Seriously, though, thank you for your concern. I'll give your suggestion due consideration, but I must argue that my name is Fem. It's "username", not "use his name."

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    A more terrifying feeling? I'm sure. But I suppose the vast majority who've experienced that type of thing, are probably dead.
    Falling out of a plane without a parachute? A common WW1 experience. Being in a racing motor vehicle accident and finding yourself on fire trapped in the car? Yep.
    Pretty much everyone on the Titanic and Hindenburg.
    Being on a submarine being depth charged.
    Being in the open ocean after your ship sank.
    Being a spy who is caught by the people you were spying on.
    Being strapped into the gallows/electric chair/guillotine and hearing the mechanism start to operate.
    Falling off of a tall cliff/mountain.
    Trying to escape enemy territory and hearing a machine gun bolt being pulled back.
    Being trapped between the platform and a train, having your lower body twisted and completely cut off the circulation, knowing that the moment when they released you, you would die.

Yeah, there are a lot of more terrifying feelings. That was just a short list that I put together last time someone asked a similar question.
    I am glad to be giving you the opportunity to recycle your own posts. Unfortunately, it was, if I may say so, off the mark. In other words, this was one of those times Sometimes_Miss...didn't get it right. Hence the name, I suppose.

I was referring to "more terrifying feelings" in the context of crossdressing .

You see, people who enjoy crossdressing sometimes do so without the knowledge or consent of other significant people in their lives. This means that sometimes a CDer must get out of their clothes in a hurry to avoid being found out. On such occasions, having a zipper get stuck means a CDer is in fact trapped inside their clothes and at an immense risk of being found out.

An involuntarily outed crossdresser may have a lot to lose, and in fact, many have had to endure divorce, loss of employment, estrangement from loved ones and/ or loss of standing in the community just for daring to defy silly social conventions about clothing. That's why being stuck in a fem outfit can feel terrifying. Everybody else's reply was on the mark. Yours was...a miss.

I hope my explanation helped. I apologize for not having been clearer. I'll take this into account next time I endeavor to formulate a question. Happy pasting.

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    I've had something thats somewhat related, although not as dangerous. The zipper pull on my purse has snagged my top whic is made of a loose knit kind of material. It could have snagged the top and ruin it, but with a little luck I managed to figure it out. Good thing because I really didn't want to lose a nice top.
    I have a skirt with a gorgeous loose knit outer layer. That thing got tangled on the hangers in the store so many times I almost didn't buy it. I hardly wear it because it snags everywhere.

Xox,

Tina
    Last edited by Patience; 06-28-2018 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to close a tag.

Banned Read only
    Username,
    I had to think about this but then recalled squeezing into one of my wife's sun dresses , I had just wriggled and twisted to get the zip up when I saw a car pull in my drive , it was a customer I'd forgotten was calling to pick up an order . As we all know panic sets is and our tempearture goes up , everything becomes tight and sticky I knew there was no way the zip would release me in time to present myself in male mode ! For a few moments there is a sexual feeling of being trapped and maybe caught in a dress but then reality sets in and we have to get out without hopefully doing any permanent damage to oursleves or the dress !!

I will recall a funny story a seamstress told me , I was having a dress altered and she asked with a smile if I wanted any extras fitted ? I asked what she meant , then she told me about a CDer who insisted on having padlocks fitted to all the zips , the arrangement was she always kept one set of keys . One morning a car screeched to a halt outside her shop , a very hot and flustered CDer came running in totally ignoring other customers pleading with some very explicit words to get her out of the dress he/she was wearing . She may have been in the closet as far as the wife was concerned but it's one hell of a way of coming out in public ! Apparently the wife had found a selection of keys , and had asked what they were for , the Cder claimed not to know anything about them so she put them in a safe place without the CDer knowing , obvioulsy the CDer had forgotten about the keys until it was too late !

I recently had a heart-skipping moment when I got both arms stuck behing my back whilst squeezing on a dress. I only just managed to contort my way free.

With a zip, you could always just get some scissors and cut your way out. But getting both of your arms stuck is far more terrifying.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I had to rip my way out of a dress once. It went on easy enough but would it come off, no way. Fortunately the damage was confined to the zip and easily repaired, but that moment when you realise you are stuck...
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Thumbs down

Oh, those pesky zippers! Particularly those on the back of dresses! I always have trouble with them, and can't even get to them! They stick, jam, get off track, oh, what's a gurl to do? Most times I simply cannot get back there to do them up - or down! Does anyone have a good solution for this? Please?

No.
    I think the classic "deer in the headlights" feel came the day I stepped out of the master closet wearing only a pair of (sweet) pink and black panties..... and face to face with my wife who had no idea at the time.
    Yeh.... that'll do it to ya' in terms of crossdressing terror.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne Lanyon View Post
    Oh, those pesky zippers! Particularly those on the back of dresses! I always have trouble with them, and can't even get to them! They stick, jam, get off track, oh, what's a gurl to do? Most times I simply cannot get back there to do them up - or down! Does anyone have a good solution for this? Please?
    I attach a string with a hook to the zip and use that to pull it up or down, just make sure the string is strong enough. I'm sure there are many other methods. I've also heard rubbing graphite from a pencil onto the zip helps it work more smoothly.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only

OMG, too funny. Yes I have! At a thrift store, I was able to contort my arms enough to squeeze into a dress and when I went to take it off the the fabric next to the zipper somehow got under the zipper. I tried until my arms wouldn't reach the zipper anymore; I ended up buying the dress.

Is there a more terrifying feeling...

Of course there is.

However, if you are closeted, I suppose being 'trapped' in inappropriate clothing would be terrifying.

All the more reason to get out of the closet and be who you are. It will doo wonders for your heart rate.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Having a stuck zipper during an air raid?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Oh, DianeF, just make sure that the hook on the string is not a pliable paper clip! When iy bends back, it is more than useless! And I will make sure not to try to get into my cocktail dress during an air raid!

Ah, but you can brace yourself for an air raid. You get air raid warnings and you may even have an air raid shelter.

Stuck zippers happen with no warning and no shelter.

Xox,

Tina
    Last edited by Patience; 06-29-2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: It’s not what you say; it’s how you say it...