Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a more terrifying feeling...

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne Lanyon View Post
    Oh, those pesky zippers! Particularly those on the back of dresses! I always have trouble with them, and can't even get to them! They stick, jam, get off track, oh, what's a gurl to do? Most times I simply cannot get back there to do them up - or down! Does anyone have a good solution for this? Please?
    Oh that's easy, I just ask my wife to do the zip up or down, afterall I've done it for her for over 30 years. In fact I don't have to ask, I just walk up to her and turn around and the zip is magically done zipped!

You are such a fortunate girl! I am divorced, so it is not so easy!

My son showed up out of the blue one day when I was trying on a new dress.
    Even know he moved out two years ago He still has a key.

I was in the cellar, lucky I wasn't wearing makeup as he entered the house.

The dress was one of those that has a hard to reach zipper and I had only about 30 seconds to get it off and throw on my PJs
    I ended up tearing off the dress as fast as I could. I came within 5 seconds of getting caught.

My son already finds some of my humor annoying so CDing would not go over well!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Having a zipper or a button break when you sit down and your top is not long enough to cover it.

. . . and the, make-up problems! I worked really hard to do my make-up this morning, and when I was ready to get back into "boi" mode, the water company had shut off the water! Have you ever heard of a "spit shine"? Try that for make-up removal! Oh, I had better invest in some make-up remover, right?

I can think of many things, actually. When this happens I usually ask my wife or one of my kids to unzip me. It's exasperating but not scary. Of course if you're in the closet ... .

Had the Zipper stuck when the wife came home. Lucky it was cold out put on my sweats over the dress and waited till my wife went to bed. Went to my work shop got my pliers it pull it down. Lucky it didn't break the Zipper.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Yes, the stuck zipper trick.
    I was in a women's dressing room, and the zipper grabbed the seam of the dress and wedged it very tight. It took me about fifteen-minutes to gently ease the zipper down. It was a very tight dress, so the only other escape was to rip the zipper. There have been several other instances of stuck zippers, but that was the worst one. I try not to pick-out dresses that are too small to try on in the first place, but sometimes they are just too cute to pass on.

Rebecca.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    When I was in grade school I would try on my sisters' dresses and there was more than one time when someone came home unexpectantly and I had to run to my room to work the dress around somehow to see the rear zipper and figure out what it was stuck on before I could get out of the thing. Back in the 50's and 60's it seemed very common for zippers to get stuck for some reason.