Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we all seen as crossdressers ?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Teresa, Will do on the PM. Sleep beckons now though, up at 6.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My wife works for one of the largest retail chains and often serves 'the trannies' (her term) that come in to the store. According to her none of her work colleagues bats an eyelid when a CDer comes in, and so she says, almost no customers do either. I can only go on what she has told me but she is not prone to exaggerating anything.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

We here tend to worry too much about labels. You are a human being. You interacted with other human beings. It sounded like a nice encounter. Why on Earth would you over-analyze it? It is what it is, who cares what they perceived you to be? They seemed to find you to be a nice person, which I am sure you are. Enjoy it and move on to the next interaction, being who you are. Don't overthink it.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Well, talking about Chilean, this girl is one.
    Now answering you question about how they see us, they don't see more labels than their own ignorance or experience.
    I interact a lot now in femme and I'm not explaining to everybody what's for me the difference between a trasgender woman, how I identify myself, a transexual, a crossdresser, queer, transvesty etc.
    It's like when they ask me where I'm from o answer I'm more from here than there, so there is Chile and here is the states, I wouldn't come back to live there. The same I'm now a transwoman not a man and I can't come back to be a man, what I am for them? Who cares?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Who are 'we' in this question? CDs? Tgs? Or everyone in lgbt? If I answer from experience in my country, then we, and lgbt are all called and labeled as weirdos, sick that need to be catched, put into insane asylum or killed, since we do not belong into society. That is general opinion, but there are ofc some exceptions. Here and in the world. People who support lgbt and are fine with it. People who even find us as interesting. Sadly those are very few.
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

I think there is no default but there is a lot of ignorance out there. I would say on seeing a TGirl most people would simply think thats a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (fill in blank depending on what is front of mind). So for example if the person had recently read something about Caitlyn Jenner then seeing one of us they would think that person is like Caitlyn etc... i don't believe people are deeply analysing us when they see us
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Each time I go out I feel more confident and less awareof the bigoted looks I might get.

From the women I have come in contact with they all seem to want to welcome me into their club.

My wife is okay with it, but it took time. other wives are not so au fait if it is their husband, yet they will greet others with open arms.

So, I just don't know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Apparently a lot of people assume I'm full time TS. If I get to know them better they're usually floored that I am a CD. I believe it most likely boils down to how well you present yourself (not as in passing but skill with makeup and clothing).

However, I still hear a lot of "is that a man or a woman" so a good number of people don't care at all, there are no fine distinctions, you're just a man in a dress.

Just a side not to this interesting conversation. In my area of the south east US they still refer to the local LGBT clubs as GAY clubs. I also know that many of the local bands will not accept any offers to play at these club because of their fear as being a "gay" band. It is getting so you can even tell the educational level by how the person reacts to the subject. I will make a guess to say that the higher the socially educated and school education is the more accepting a person will be.

A comment from an area with a mixture of educational areas.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Platinum Member
    I’m quite sure there is no single answer. Th question itself suggests that we are all perceived in a single manner, but we know that individuals and segments of society and different cultures all vary in such perceptions.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-14-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    If a genetic male who is wearing women's clothing and identified as a genetic male how does one know the person's sexual identity without asking the person? The viewer may assume a lot of variables based on ignorance or prior encounters. Is the person a preoperative or post operative transsexual? A cross dresser? I would not know unless I were to ask. Then, what right do I have to ask such a question?

My personal observations is men and women who are transitioning have more acceptance in general society. Yes, there are many people who are not accepting at all, and, there may be more non accepting people in certain geographic areas and demographic groups, but, the consensus seems to accept the notion of a "person trapped in the wrong body." I do not see that acceptance being extended to men who wear women's clothing. Why not? Can you explain to a person "why you do what you do." I do not means how wearing women's clothing makes you feel. Or you like the colors or the fabric. But, what is inside you that has made you make the choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley090 View Post
    Who are 'we' in this question? CDs? Tgs? Or everyone in lgbt? If I answer from experience in my country, then we, and lgbt are all called and labeled as weirdos, sick that need to be catched, put into insane asylum or killed, since we do not belong into society. That is general opinion, but there are ofc some exceptions. Here and in the world. People who support lgbt and are fine with it. People who even find us as interesting. Sadly those are very few.
    Ashley,

I respect your opinion, but I do not believe it based on my own experiences and that of so many members here who go out regularly wherever they are, including the rural south and places like Texas. I do not deny that people like you describe are out there and could be dangerous, but they are a very small minority in the general population and truly commit very few dangerous acts of violence. They are more harsh words than harsh actions, in my opinion.

Labels are for food in cans and bags not for humans in drab or drag or anything else. I do not like or use labels for people. As I no longer wear men's clothing but only woman's I have yet to have a bad day. I do not try to (pass) as a woman but dress like one. While I do not use make-up or wigs I have no problem with those who do we are who we are and don't let anyone try to make you into something you are not. We are cross-dressers. We do so at what ever level we feel comfortable with, some wear just womans undies others transition to female. So what ever level you decide is best for you HAVE FUN with it.

Fran

Banned Read only
    Stephanie,
    I'm not sure I understand your reasoning , the whole point is the public can't or won't differentiate between a man wearing women's clothes and someone in transition so their acceptance has to be the same unless we tell them otherwise .
    Clothes are also slected by women on the same basis , designers are paid good money to give women clothes that feel good and look good , I personally have the same feelings and so do many others but how they feel and look isn't why we crossdress but it's a lovely bonus .

Leslie,
    On the whole I find that's true . The one thing about crossdressing is that has no boundaries , not between rich or poor , religion , nationality or even genders . I do feel that is the one aspect that comes home more when we meet socially . We are all share being dressed as women in varying degrees but we come from a wide variety of backgrounds. It's a bond in life I never expected when stuck deeply in the closet , it's another aspect I really enjoy sharing with others .

Vanessa,
    From a Chilean girl how does their wine rate with you ?

I must admit it does get easier once you adopt the no labels attitude , if the public don't need them why do we ? I'm just me or Teresa . The only labels I won't use here and wish to erase totally from my memory are the ones my wife uses !!!
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-15-2018 at 06:59 AM.