Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, it has been a year since I started shaving my legs.

Well, it has been a year since I started shaving my legs.

I decided last winter I would shave them, and keep them that way. I tan well also, which makes it look less noticeable. I actually epilate them, and the roots seem to be giving up after a year or so of getting yanked out. I prefer shorter shorts, about 5 in inseam. I can't stand shorts that cover my knees, if I wanted Capris I would wear Capris. Anyway, after all summer of wearing them and keeping my legs shaved / epilated I have barely had a comment. No one seems to care, which suits me fine. Just wanted to share and add my voice to the several who have already said, just do it, no one cares. I swim at the gym, and the cholorine does seem to make me itch. It also seems to make the hair want to break off. That is true, and was going to be my cover story if anyone asked, but no one asked. I did have the lady who cuts my hair look at my tan legs in my shorter shorts and smile while saying "you have gotten some sun on those legs, what have you been doing?

Thanks for sharing

I did it last month for the first time in my life. I waxed my legs in a professional beauty salon and now I really love them smooth and hairless. I plan to do it again next week, but I’m not sure about Summertime. I’m concerned about comments from my friends...and from my kids! (My wife knows and she’s ok with it). Good to hear about your great experience! Maybe I should be more courageous...

Tks!

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    No one has ever commented on my hairless legs or arms. Well, except for the nurse during my annual physical. But all she said was "one nice thing about not having hairy legs is that it is not as painful when ripping off bandages". I smiled and agreed.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a T friend who never shaves her legs but always looks freshly shaven when out dressed.

Ah! The magic and simplicity of skin toned dance tites!

I wear them all the time, too. When I want tanned legs? Tanned tites!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have loved and still have dance tights, but nothing beats smooth legs in my opinion.

Aspiring Member
    As I have got older, I have noticed that some areas of my legs have become naturally bald. I usually shave mine in the summer when my wife and kids are out of the country, and I love the smooth feeling, too.

I agree. I’ve been epilating my legs for around a year now and not a single comment from anyone. I’m sure some people have noticed, but so what. In Australia at least, there are heaps of cis dudes who shave/wax their legs, especially if they’re gym goers. Nothing to worry about

I have noticed too that my legs have gone bald so there's not too much to shave. I put a moisturizer on my legs and arms which keeps them smoother. It took me longer to decide to shave my underarms but once I did it, I liked that too and nobody ever commented on that either.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I have noticed too that my legs have gone bald so there's not too much to shave. I put a moisturizer on my legs and arms which keeps them smoother. It took me longer to decide to shave my underarms but once I did it, I liked that too and nobody ever commented on that either.
    I started epilating my underarms at the same time as I started my legs. No one noticed, or cares. I epilate when I can, and shave when I want to be smoother between epilating. My hopes were I would be able to keep them hairless year round, and it has been about a year. Now I enjoy the fact that it is not coming back much and will continue to keep them hairless. If I let it grow out too much between epilating it hurts more to remove it because the roots develop more, but I just tell myself "Beauty is Pain" as I run the epilator over it anyway.

Smooth legs are so smooth. :-)

It is good not having to shave them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Welcome to my world of superlegs. Off home today from Brighton (taking my new superlegs with me) & still can't believe what I did last Sat. A little itchy last night so have done my 2nd exfoliation & they are smooth again & beautiful. Glad the rest of you are also enjoying. Could argue autumn is the 'wrong' time to do it but one would be ready for the nicer months next year.

Amazing, I have been shaving my legs for a year. wife didn't notice (or didn't say anything for a few weeks) Pedicurist did, said nice job. Looks great with shorts (women's of course).

I have never had any comments about my bare legs either! Enjoy it, but shaving gets to be a little bit of a chore.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

No chore for me! It is just what a girl is supposed to do! I love it so much!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

I went hairless 18+ months ago and I love it!

I've worn shorts during the summer and nobody notices or cares.

My younger daughter noticed after I'd been hairless for over 1 year. She asked her mother when dad started shaving his legs? The answer was to make his ballet tights stay up better. Question answered. (Yes, I have been taking ballet lessons for over 9 years)

The only one who has noticed is my wife... disapprovingly.. Wish I could keep them shaved permanently... would d my chest too.. not much there to begin with.

Sheaved legs in the summer are the best! Sunscreen goes on so much easier.

Winter is different tho. Seems like it takes one good cold snap and in the morning it feels like a thousand needles in my jeans!

Been shaving my legs now for 12yrs. In that time only 2 people have said anything about it and one was my wife told her I've been doing it before we got married and I'm not stopping.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Been shaving from the ears down year round for two years.
    1 comment. "Do you shave your legs and arms?"
    1 reply. "Yes".

Reply. "I wish I had your legs".
    Live and let dress.

Well done Jenny. I have been doing a mixture of epilating and going to a professional to have my entire body waxed. I think the hair is thinning and the new growth seems to be much thinner and weaker.

Not only do my legs look better, especially with a tan but it feels so sensual to put on my stockings and my slips feel so smooth on my body. When I was a young teenager I was more or less hairless and I used to dress a lot in lingerie in those days. Imagine my dismay when I began to sprout hair on my chest and legs. Some thought it sexy while I hated it.

I know that waxing is expensive but for me the investment is worth it. The lady does my entire body but as I epilate, she increasingly does something she calls touch up.

I wish I could give the full body shave a try, but my wife told me she loves my body hair and doesn’t want me to change that.

I’ll chime in with my little input. I mostly epilate and sometimes shave, and have done so over my entire body for a long, long time. Nobody has ever said a word, anywhere, anytime. I honestly think people don’t really care, or just keep their thoughts to themselves.

I am competitive bike racer, runner and swimmer, and have been most of my life, and if anyone ever does comment, you could always mention that your shaving is related to that, as it is very common in those activities.

The regrowth is very, very fine, and I can’t ever imagine feeling hair again...in fact I’d be mortified if I had to go back to that, or even if I discovered a few stray hairs!...

love,
    ~ brooke

I just took a nice bath this afternoon and shaved my legs and used Aveeno lotion when I got out. I then slipped into a new pair of pantyhose. This and a glass of red wine = a nice evening. Crissy

I to have lost almost all hair below my knees. Started years ago as spots of alopecia. Wish I could get to spread body wide.

Nothing can beat the feeling of hair free all over the body, theres just something deliciously naughty about it and in the summer nobody notices my legs are hairless when I have shorts on. And my Dr never said or noticed anything when checking nmy heart and lungs last time round .
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman