Thread: Of hair ties and bobby pins

Of hair ties and bobby pins

I've always worn my hair long, but never tied it up (even when working with dangerous power tools, much to my father's chagrin). Since I've started dressing, I've taken an interest in styling a bit and it sure requires a quantity of hair ties and bobby pins!

Need to start dinner? Time to tie the hair back!
    Need to get the dishes done? Time to tie the hair back!
    Need to put on a full face foundation? Time to tie the hair back!
    Need to keep cool in the summer while getting the housework done? Time to tie the hair back!

When I first obtained a quantity of ties and pins, I naturally thought that I'd keep them safely in a box in a spot where I'd always find them. Turns out, the better solution is to toss a small handful randomly in each room of the house. It's where they end up anyway!

I wore it long in my late teens through early twenties and never tied it back. I started letting my hair grow again in my fifties, a few years before I started dressing. The gray hair since my fifties doesn't cooperate for the most part and ends up in a pony tail 99% of the time. So, yeah, hair ties are a must. I even keep one or two wrapped around a card in my wallet most of the time.

I've been playing with the hated 'man-bun' and have learned that i like it up most of the time when at home. I'm venturing out with it up more and more as time goes by.

Yes, pony tail or simple bun 99% of the time ties in my car, ties in my desk at work, lol

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have several in various colors on the 4 wheel drive shifter in my SUV.
    I have a drawer in my dresser that has probably 100 of them LOL.
    Yeah every room does seem to get littered with them at times.

When my hair got long enough to tie back, I started to accumulate hair ties. One day after seeing
    them scattered around the house my wife said it was just like having our daughters back in the house.
    Joan58

I stopped cutting my hair over a year ago, it's now shoulder length and filling in nicely.
    I'm learning how to style it. (NO MORE HOT WIGS!!!)
    During my teen years it was very long, of course when I joined the service they took all that away.
    Fast forward 35 years...now retired, I decided on one last go at letting my hair grow.
    Yes I do tie it back when doing makeup etc, but the rest of the time I leave it unbound and let it flow and flail and embrace my neck and it just feels awesome!
    "Missed it by that much!"

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    As well as my wigs My wife has really long hair,so we find scrunchies and hair ties every bloody where around the house.

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 11-04-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I had hair down to the middle of my back at one point. I cut it a few years ago when I took a job where I would be preparing food. I was constantly buying hair ties and "scrunchies". I had plain black ones for work, and others for at home.

Even after cutting my hair and keeping it short ever since, I am still finding hair ties in different places in my apartment.

Takes me back to my hair dryer and rollers days, a perm was expensive and a little too permanent for me back then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.