Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever feel silly about all this?

Fantastic!

You girls have proven both my theory and my anecdotal experiences: crossdressers are not only beautiful, you are more intelligent and well-adjusted than a lot of the so-called "normal" people (if there is such a thing) out there. However, in many cases, "normal" is synonymous with "unimaginative."

I am thrilled to have stimulated a healthy discussion and I am grateful that you took the time to give me your opinions, your experiences and your good humour.

Love you girls! (even if you are a bit silly!)

I have to admit that sometimes I'm simply baffled by my interest in crossdressing. I mean, logically, it really doesn't make that much sense to me, especially since I don't identify myself as a "woman" like a TS individual would, nor will I ever transition or even make my crossdressing a more visible part of my life (I'm closeted to almost everybody I know and plan to remain so). Although I generally subscribe to the notion that it's not really important to understand about WHY I enjoy crossdressing and that I should just relax and enjoy it for whatever it's worth, I nonetheless sometimes have a hard time justifying, even to myself, why I should be spending a bunch of $$$$ on clothes, accessories, etc. that I'll probably wear once a week (if my schedule and life circumstances permit it) and only in the privacy of my bedroom when there are other things that I could buy that I would be able to enjoy more frequently and openly(and probably there are a few things that I NEED a little more). Crossdressing occasionally seems to me to be little more than a sophisticated adult version of "play-dressing" that little kids do when they're in Kindergarten and it sometimes makes me feel somewhat immature about indulging in it (I can't ever seem to stop "blushing" whenever my wife brings it up). Yet, as I'm sure that most of us here can relate to, crossdressing just makes me feel so indescribably good inside and it feels way too important to me for me to ever want to give it up (I've tried giving it up once with no apparent success). Unfortunately, I believe that we will probably have about as much luck trying to figure out WHY we enjoy crossdressing as why some people enjoy. Would that time not be better spent simply enjoying our unique interest?

Silly? Of course. Most of the most important things we do are silly. Who thinks falling in love is rational, or either creating or appreciating beautiful art? Silly stuff, like wanting to see the world from 10,000 feet in the sky, or driving a car really fast, or seeing how a woman walks in high heels. Yumm! Absolutely, and I think that is one reason I do it. It just feels so good. And sometimes a bit silly.

Oh, and Karen.. cute skirt..nice legs!

Lauren

Words Of Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    **holds nose and chokes out the words:** Julie's words pretty much sum up how I feel about it. :sick:

Yeah, on occasion I take a step back to appreciate the absurdity of the situation... and smile. Comedy and absurdity are two things I value in my life.

Hugs,

Tammi
    Value in our lives another good thought Tammi and thats something we all here are looking for as well as truth there's pletey of that here. Whether we like it or not, just the simple fact that we can ask each other do we sometimes feel a little Silly or how does this look, how do I do this ,That or the or thing. Yes I too do feel a little Silly, But the simple fact that we can ask our selves that, can't be a bad thing.

Great Thread Big Hugs Rena

I do feel silly from time to time, but mostly I feel unfulfilled. This is a good thread, it has stimulated some good thoughtful comments from some serious thinkers. It is such a refreshing change from the "silly" threads that do make me feel silly. Thanks for getting us on a worthwhile discussion. Although it isn't really deep, at least it is not shallow.

i'm not feeling silly about dressing up, it's been a part of me so long now.

there's two moments when I feel silly:
    1. when I decide to dress up around 7pm, and by the time I get done with makeup, I get to enjoy it for maybe 2 hours.. feel real silly wasting an hour to enjoy it for only 2 hours.
    2. when I need to get something manly done (fix the sink, fix a computer, etc.) and I'm dressed up in heels, and I find it hard to walk around.. and I'm thinking "why did I decide to crossdress?"

Sometimes feel silly about CDing??

And here I thought my somewhat frequent reactions about this wonderful blissful activity were unique.....Thanks to Julie York for describing the mental process that frequently occurs in my levels of consciousness. Strangely though, the seemingly profound awareness that "this is silly" or "what am I doing, really?" sometimes comes to me regarding my CDing when I am in male mode and engaged in an activity that is part of my male personna. That happened several times this past weekend while on a weekend visit with adult son and daughter in law. At that point, Saturday PM, I had not dressed since previous Thursday and the wave of feeling the unreality of it just knocked me for a loop.
    Love,
    Gretchen

While I have never felt "silly" I have had different feelings while getting dressed. Sometimes I feel it is a creative, artistic outlet for me.
    Feeling feminine is one thing but creating the illusion is another. I think applying makeup requires a certain amount of creative talent. It's something that I found that gets easier with practice, like anything else. Something that GG's have had a lifetime to develop.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Is it any sillier than chasing a little ball around a giant lawn and trying to hit it into a hole with a bunch of sticks? We all do things that seem silly to others. One man's pleasure is another' folly!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

When I don't feel the urgent need to fulfill myself as Abby, there are many times I just wonder why I do this and why I'm not interested in doing the generally more societally accepted, primarily altruistic work I frequently do. Granted that many people do mindless things just for fun (and many have cited just a few of those examples), it's just that I usually don't and this is singularly different. Yet, this rapidly assumes a primary position in my life- often at a moment's notice.
    Thanks for the thread and the momentary reflections.

I don't feel silly, but sometimes if I reach very deeply into my pocket, I feel nuts.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    I don't feel silly, but sometimes if I reach very deeply into my pocket, I feel nuts.
    Oh, Get a grip on yourself!!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karentvca
    For those of us who are very part-time dressers, who do it for some escape and erotic fun, do you ever feel silly about it?

I mean here I am, a grown man in his 50s with no intention of transitioning or living fulll-time, or coming out to everyone in my family and circle of friends, getting positively woozy from the sight/touch/mention of lingerie, stockings, high heels and the like. Sometimes I sit back and think about this "little" obsession of mine and wonder, "Am I wasting my time here? Couldn't I be doing something more constructive? is this all just a little bit silly?"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE crossdressing and try to do the best job I can in impersonating a woman. I just wonder sometimes if it's all just a bit much.

What do you think?
    Well I have to admit it is a little silly in a Monty Python kind of way---still I've been around a while and have done all kinds of things that others consider silly but I consider fun---for instance I'm in a sport fencing group and every monday night cross blades with all kinds of people---most of them younger---I like to imagine I'm Charles D'Eon--the famous 18th century swordsperson, spy and TG/TV/CD---the point is that people do all kinds of things that seem silly to others---but who cares?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    Is it any sillier than chasing a little ball around a giant lawn and trying to hit it into a hole with a bunch of sticks? We all do things that seem silly to others. One man's pleasure is another' folly!
    Absolutly---I can't imangine a more silly(or boring) hobby than golf --talk about a nice walk spoiled---but to each his own---I certainly wouldn't go critize golfers---particularly while they were swinging their clubs.

[SIZE=4]Karen I've just been looking at your avatar and profile and if I looked half as good as you do I'd never feel silly.[/SIZE]

You know, I used to feel extremely silly. As a teenager, I would prance around the house in my sisters clothes and aside from the enjoyment and pleasure, I felt really foolish and silly. I don't feel that silly anymore, I'm really not sure why, I just don't. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing though.

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    It IS silly, life IS silly, and I AM silly, so what? Like the old saying goes, it's a great life if you don't weaken! Or maybe this one: It doesn't pay to be too serious about life - nobody lives through it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by karentvca
    For those of us who are very part-time dressers, who do it for some escape and erotic fun, do you ever feel silly about it?

I mean here I am, a grown man in his 50s with no intention of transitioning or living fulll-time, or coming out to everyone in my family and circle of friends, getting positively woozy from the sight/touch/mention of lingerie, stockings, high heels and the like. Sometimes I sit back and think about this "little" obsession of mine and wonder, "Am I wasting my time here? Couldn't I be doing something more constructive? is this all just a little bit silly?"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE crossdressing and try to do the best job I can in impersonating a woman. I just wonder sometimes if it's all just a bit much.

What do you think?

Silly you may be, but this is probably the most rational thread I've read here for yonks!

I've accepted that I'm TS, so my motives are different, but I'm delighted to read such a sensible debate. I agree with everything everyone has said.

Now, I'll get up on that soapbox if anyone wants to look up my skirt!
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

We should organise a Silly Weekend. We all dress up as hookers in the most ridiculous heels and skirts and play golf, then get drunk and go fishing.

I definitely find it silly sometimes. I will like how I look when dressed, but then realize that I am a six foot, 220 lb man underneath it all. It doesn't make me want to stop dressing, but occasionally I think it is all a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    We should organise a Silly Weekend. We all dress up as hookers in the most ridiculous heels and skirts and play golf, then get drunk and go fishing.
    Julie: go stand in the corner...yes, again...

girl next door
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    Would it be possible to squeeze in an afternoon of quail hunting?
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    Would it be possible to squeeze in an afternoon of quail hunting?
    Hey we don't want to look RIDICULOUS now do we!

THINKS: Tutu quail hunting?.....hmmmmmm......

NOW you are getting silly! How can we go quail hunting in THESE shoes?
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]