Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery and crossdressing

Surgery and crossdressing

Hi all!

Hope this finds you well

So, I got an inguinal hernia.... so tucking on the one side not happening right now it’s gross and painful.
    I’m bummed. I’m getting surgery next Thursday. So I have a few questions.

Am I done tucking?

When (if I can) after my surgery can I get back to tucking?

And did you have the laparoscopic?

Thanks,

-D
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have no idea but please keep us posted how your surgery goes.
    Maybe you will be able to answer those questions in due time

I'm not positive I had the same type of hernia but I had a double which was successfully operated several years ago and I tuck daily.

I’ve had inguinal hernias on both sides. One was sewn up; the other was fixed with a mesh via keyhole surgery. I can still tuck both sides. Mind you, one was in 1987 and the other 1995, and I didn’t start crossdressing until 2017.

Personally, I’d be more worried about your initial recovery. Abdominal surgery is a great demonstration of the fact that you use your abdominal muscles for EVERYTHING! Even talking loudly will hurt, and you’ll learn to dread sneezing and coughing.

It took me about three months before I could “resume normal activities”, as it were. Good luck with it.

Michelle

Hope you recover quickly and completely Danielle!

Lauren

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Keep us advised! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I had the same post surgical issues that Bianca had back in 1992 after a double hernia laparoscopic repair with mesh. Sneezing, coughing (I have had a chronic cough since high school) and LAUGHING! Everything feels the pressure, tenseness and movement down there. Not terrible pain, just strong pain that makes you move very, very carefully. And I hope you don't have a brother like mine who tries to cheer you up with very spot on dry and funny humor. Ouch!! I have had several surgeries down there, vasectomy, double hernia repair, prostate removal, male sling, and an artificial sphincter. Definitely not fun, nor funny, unless my brother calls.

Oh, and I do not have any trouble tucking.

Probably, once everything gets back to normal.

Just be careful how extreme you are at tucking.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I had my second inguinal hernia done back in August. It had to be redone after the first one failed due to whatever reason. I was told that there was a lot of scar tissue, and it hindered the operation. I can no longer tuck on that side and the surgeon told me that he had to do repairs that would close that cavity off. Thus is life, you deal with it and move on. I urge you to walk lots after the surgery, as it will help with your recovery. Because of the first surgery, the second scar is much bigger, again thus is life.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I have the surgery three times, twice on the left once on the right. No problems tucking.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    I can still tuck after my surgery.

But your millage may vary as they say.

Daneille,

Hope all your surgery comes out well. I hate having to see the doctor. I am also a post hernia surgery tucker. No problems here either. So as others have stated it looks like a roll of the dice for how yours will turn out. Best wishes for a good outcome. Take care and be safe.
    Huggs Teri
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    Danielle,
    Interesting question and one I've asked in the past, with conflicting answers , some say it makes no difference and others they had to stop . I had mine done under a local anaesthetic which is something I wouldn't do again . I've never been able to find the spot for an internal tuck and just assumed my hernia repair was preventing it , it's not a problem I just stick with panties and a medium control one to hold everything in place , I haven't had a problem yet even when trying on a swim suit in a retail store .

How about you ask your surgeon? He is the professional with all the education. Don’t take chances with your health!

Well.... it’s done, it’s sore, I’m swollen, not moving fast. On the lighter side I get to hang out all day and night half way dressed (boobs bra n compression/shaping panties).

-d

Platinum Member
    Some small compensation for the pain. Heal quickly!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

FWIW we had this discussion on the alt.transgendered newsgroups about 25 years ago, and one said that post op, wearing a snug bottomed full body briefer with a wide enough crotch helped him a lot. so now you have a good excuse for wearing one. There are lots on ebay. If you're not too big, the old Playtex ones were REALLY snug. Just don't get the one with legs, as those have an open split crotch. You want the ones with the crotch hook and eye connectors. I'll try to find the ebay ones and will edit this if I do.

Didn't find the briefer. But found the Playtex waist high control panties, which I own and are nice and snug in the crotch, thick material that will give you support. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Playtex-Free-Spirit-Fanny-Shaper-Womens-Brief-Girdle-Panty-Shapewear-White-M/183065415004?hash=item2a9f8c8d5c:rk:5f:0

A 2XL here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-2XL-Playtex-BRIEF-GIRDLE-SATIN-PANEL-18-Hour-XXL-2X-2691-Firm-Control/352528842577?hash=item52145b3f51:g:cncAAOSwtutb~Yf y:rk:19f:0

YOu might have to search to find your size, though. .
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 12-01-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Oh no, heal quickly Danielle. For now you will need a step ladder to get in the jeep!

Well thank you all for the support!! Literally thanks for the panty suggestions! I’m pretty much wearing exactly what Lexi suggested!

Lydia- the jeep is in winter storage thank god! I’d never be able to get in it right now even with a ladder!

-d

Hope you heal quickly Danielle!

5 times 3 on left 2 on right oh and 1 navel I guess it was 6 the mind still tells me I can lift more than I can. With that said I can still tuck no problems.

Quick note,

So compression/shape wear works really well. I went with a different set of panties today and felt much less “supported” and started to feel pain. So quick change into my rago 619... ah what a relief

Take it slow, sister! Let your body do the healing

The first few days are the worst. Having to figure out new ways of getting out of bed, walking with a cup and plate, and trying to remember to do everything slowly so it won’t hurt.

But it does get better. In a week you should be moving around a little more freely, and another week you’ll be doing around 3/4 of your normal tasks without too much discomfort.

One thing to watch out for. If there’s any internal bleeding (and there can be; a little can be expected) the blood only has one place to go, and will pool in your scrotum. So don’t be alarmed if you look down to see your balls look like someone’s hit them with a baseball bat. Check with your doctor (of course) if you’re concerned, but it does happen and will clear up just like any other bruise.

Michelle

I had a left inguinal hernia repair years ago and i always assumed it was due to tucking.
    Iirc i didnt dress for ages after the repair, but all seems fine these days.