Thread: Strengthening social conditions for transgender people - please share your stories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm not totally going to go off on the LGBT but they could do better to shine a better light on trans people....
    Perhaps you are in the wrong crowd. I have found that the LGB part of the "queer" community is more that willing to advocate for the Trans people. In the forums I participate in, it is the striking LACK of trans participation that I notice most, but I will concede that it has been improving slowly. I was asked about this by the Russians delegates who visited. I noted that the Trans world still remains behind the gay world in terms of public advancement, however we are ourselves to blame if we don't stand up and advocate for ourselves publicly. As for separating the branches of the LGBT community, that is exactly how we will fail. The social conservatives would love to "divide and conquer" any group that challenges their dominance.

Like you, I find men in G-strings distasteful, but no more so than people who publicly wear other fetish gear. There are sub groups in the trans community that I avoid for the same reason.

Note I intentionally embrace the term: "queer", even though I am neither L,G or B.
    I believe we (and I mean EVERYONE walking the earth) are queer in that we all diverge in some degree from what would be absolute normal behavior.
    Last edited by Sheren Kelly; 01-06-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My trans group here locally is just full of the younger trans types that thinks they are at war with the "establishment". Everything has gotten to an "in your face" attitude kind of thing.
    I have been trans longer than some of them have been alive and I always got by being me in public because I blended into the crowd and treated like anyone else.
    This bunch wants to shock people with their looks,scream for equality and generally be a pain in the ass in public.
    The LGBT here in my area are all behind it and stoking the fire sometimes.
    Most of the gay fellows I know don't want anything to do with the LGBT. Its easier to just go it alone.
    As far as equality the law already states all are equal be it race creed ,color,sex and sexual orientation are we not?
    Why force the public or demand they do this or that just because you are trans?
    You want equality and fairness try being a solid upright citizen and not always demanding special treatment just because you want it and discounting others opinions around you.
    All my neighbors have known about me for years and its not been a problem because I am a good neighbor,willing to help when they need it be it dog sitting or house sitting while they go on vacation, cut their grass if they are gone longer or not feeling well things like that.
    Be the best you you can be is my motto. Respect others and they respect you generally works but many people lack respect for others these days.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-06-2019 at 08:00 PM.