Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to find out sooner rather than later if I am trans

Silver Member
    Lindsay, at college, a knowledgeable gender therapist first, then, with a reference, you must meet with an endocrinologist that is fully aware of all possible effects of female HRT in males. Don't rely on any net info, as results vary by individual. Get the dope from a Doc!

Banned Read only
    Lindsay,
    This is a tough one for an 18 year old , at that age I was just a closet CDer and also in my youth there was no internet and obviously very few labels .

From my personal situation too much knowledge might have been a dangerous thing , I married young and had my kids built a succesful business up but also lived with a gut feeling I didn't understand but I don't regret that part of my life . I love my kids and now grandchildren and I enjoyed being a professional photographer for thirty years . In the end I did have to accept something wasn't right and came out to my wife in my forties , OK it didn't go so well from that point and now in my sixties I've finally come to terms with it . There are good points and not so good , my wife is very unhappy so we separated but my daughter has totally accepted me and we have been out on several occasions . I haven't really lost many friends and my family is still with me , the fact I've lived with that I would have missed it .

I've been through counselling on three separate occasions , it does help but the bottom line is they leave you to make your own decisions , only you know if they are right or wrong , to me starting HRT at 18 would possibly have been a mistake . I have done the husband and father thing without any regrets , it fulfilled my male lifestyle now I find it's time to attend to my other needs and I must admit it's like a second life which I'm enjoying all over again .

Teresa, you have said what I think many of us feel, we have spent our early years doing the manly, family things and now we are free to express ourselves. The dues have been paid, the chicks have flown and now it is our time to go out and open our wings and fly...
    Joanne
    Joanne

You never will, go with your feeling's, they will change regular, but there's one certain thing you will never change, your a girl