Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on getting older

Question on getting older

Do you think most CD's worry about getting older like GG's do? Most men I know don't care and do little about taking care of themselves in the race against time. Even though we all know that time is eventually going to win. There are other CD's (the few that I have talked to in my few times out) that use sunscreen ,moisturizers,etc. just as GG's do (myself included).

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]Yes i do. I'm not looking forward to looking old in drab or en femme.[/SIZE]

Transgender HouseWife Toni Shelton's Avatar
    I also try and take care of myself. I use lotions, sunscreen ,moisturizers, etc. Some say "Time waites for no man". But a girl has to try and slow it down some.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Toni Shelton[/SIZE][/SIZE]

tonishelton56@yahoo.com

[SIZE="2"]My Mothers first Daughter[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My New Avatar is my New Years Picture, I hope you like.

YUCK !!! getting older is the pits. As the saying goes " If I only knew then what I know now"

Older is different - not necessarily bad
    ---
    Especially for us - or for me - those that never have been able to "pass"
    - the changes of age are forgiving - some of the "maculinity" slips away and your feminine beauty - even though aged - shows through
    for today and tomorrow
    [SIZE="4"]Jilly[/SIZE]

Looking for friends Karen Edmonton's Avatar
    I don't lose any sleep over it , but I also use all the creams ,and take care of myself in the hopes it will slow it down abit !
    This girl just wants to have fun !!!

No point worrying about - it will happen. Best thing is to keep active to slow down the slide down the slope.

To change tack a little: how many find that they look substantially younger when dressed? In my case it is probably having a wig tha is not grey like my own hair!
    Paula

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Jaye
    how many find that they look substantially younger when dressed?
    Much! Can't beat having nice long dark hair instead of balding grey.
    Will be strange to be 80 and Dressing- will entertain the staff at the nursing home!

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    I haven't thought about it much but now that you bring it up I think I need to start trying to protect myself a bit better. Thanks for the thread.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

A real good (and relevent) topic. I try to keep the exercise going by walking as much as I can, and try to avoid too much junk food, although I still love my chocolate!

For skin, I've found a moisturizer that is totally awesome, and use it every day without fail. I was never a "sun worshipper", and am thankful for that now. Some of my friends who used to tan a lot are really starting to show their age.

As someone else mentioned, time will always win in the end. But, I'm gonna fight it every step of the way

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I never feel my age as sharply as I do when I crossdress....at 51.....

My take, there's no use fighting it, it's a fact, deal with it.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Since I've come out to my wife, I have used moisturizers, etc. Don't know if it helps, but at least I feel as though I am doing something. And, I feel I look 10 years younger dressed (the old grey hair disappears!)
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni
    A real good (and relevent) topic. I try to keep the exercise going by walking as much as I can, and try to avoid too much junk food, although I still love my chocolate!

For skin, I've found a moisturizer that is totally awesome, and use it every day without fail. I was never a "sun worshipper", and am thankful for that now. Some of my friends who used to tan a lot are really starting to show their age.

As someone else mentioned, time will always win in the end. But, I'm gonna fight it every step of the way
    Great advice, imho.
    If it weren't for crossdressing, I wouldn't care, but crossdressing has me doing a few calisthentics and a little time on the stationary bike.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

I am 58, dont feel any older than I did 30 years ago, just cant work till midnight. I am lucky in that I inheritted good skin from my parents. I see lots of attractive, well-dressed older ladies. Of course, being a bit on the trashy side (or a 2-bit *****, as my gf refers to Wenda)it means I am not likely to be going out dressed any time soon.

just don't look in the mirror
    `Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

About a year ago I began to realize just how "bad" I looked and the fact that I couldn't do half of the things I used to.
    Slowly but surely I've been making changes to my lifestyle and have learned how to take better care of myself, both physically and appearance wise.

NO I can't stop THE CLOCK but at least I can hopefully slow it down a bit.

At 61 I most definately don't look like I did when I was 20.

I've used moisturizers on my face since I first started shaving. I'm 57 now, and most GG's I meet, think I'm in my mid 40's.

I just had my 57th birthday and truthfully most days I feel as good if not better then when I was in my 30s. I do exercise 5-6 times a week and use sunblocks, moisturizers and the like. I eat pretty healthy (except for this afternoon at "Happy Hour") and drink 1-2 glasses of red wine each day, I also take suppliments. It sounds like work but it really isn't, I don't care about getting older just having a good quality of life.

Getting old with poor helath sucks!!!!
    Dana Fleming

The legs are the last thing to go. And I was still able to have two women tell me they were jealous when I walked past them in a mini and opaque black Hues at the ren fair academy last week.

Banned Read only
    I was always told,age is a state of mind,I like getting older.Sometimes I give thought to what I have learned in life.How I look is irrelavent
    Last edited by Snookums; 03-23-2006 at 07:37 PM.

Ah yes, the aging process. Mr. Distinguished or MS still pretty at her age?
    I'd rather be pretty so I do try to take care of myself with creams , exercise
    and soforth but I could probably stll do better. I know that makeup helps you look younger.
    "Lady Fingers"

Considering the avilable data It beats the alternative. And its not older its seasoned.

Apart from the balding and the graying and the extra hair that grows everywhere except on the scalp, and the wrinkles around the eyes, and the sagging jowls, and the scraggy neck, and the arthritic joints it's not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill
    The legs are the last thing to go. And I was still able to have two women tell me they were jealous when I walked past them in a mini and opaque black Hues at the ren fair academy last week.

You go, Bill

I agree, the legs are the last things to go. But dag nabbit, us genetic males are gifted with outsized kneecaps

I will turn 61 in June, I don't feel it and am told that I don't look it, both in drab and enfemme. I started 10 years ago getting my hair professionally colored. Only I know how gray my hair really is. I have been moisturizing my skin twice daily for the past 6 years. I use an exfoliator cleanser to wash my face daily. I have used sunscreen for the last 20 yars when out in the sun. I work out daily and watch my diet. I have maintained a size 6-8 in pants and skirts for the past 6 years. I know of very few 60 year old men that can boast a 28" waist.

I can't stop the clock, but I can delay it.

Jodi