Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should you tell before marriage?

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)

Uuuummmmmmmmmmmmm

YES, YES oh yeah did I mention YES!!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!!

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Should you tell?

Well ask yourself, how would you feel if you found out that your "bride" had more under her dress than you do?
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

You either gotta tell her, or give it up.
    Or else you got some explaining to do later on!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery GG
    I cant even believe that question is being asked...!!!!!!

cheery
    xx
    Cheery, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Unless of course you want a marriage based on mistrust, deceit, and the ever-present fear of discovery? Anybody? No? Let's move on then, shall we?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyPink2000
    Just a slight story.

What if the GF leaves you and flushes your engagement ring down the toilet. You think She will tell your Buds about your CDing? Oh Yeah!

Did not happen to me. But I'm sure there are people out there that it has.

Oh and have you ever read My Husband Betty? In there it talks about how Women can't keep secrets. That it's just not how they are made up. BTW page 59.
    Let me ask you this, what's better- your girlfriend flushes the ring down the toilet and leaves you, or you stay married and for 30 years keep this big part of you a huge secret from the one you love, never knowing if she will leave you for it, and then finally telling her and having her want a divorce? May as well have skipped BOTH thos scenarios and just told her within the first few weeks of dating!!
    I'm tgirl74's girlfriend

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    You should tell her early in your relationship. I didn't and I sure am sorry that I didn't. I thought marriage would "cure" me but, of course, it didn't. My wife did not deserve to hear after 30 some years of marriage. Of course, if I had told her early, I'd probably not be married to her now.

Sharifemme

YES YES YES YES. It will make everything so much better for the both of you.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Marriage is a serious thing.......you should tell her, it's all about trust.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yes Definately, imagime her feelings when she eventually finds the real you.Also the hurt of "your betrayal", as said before"if he lied about this,what else has he lied about?! I told my partner and at first I was more aprehensive than her she now buys some of my clothing if she sees an article I like. So DO IT

Nita
    Yes,if you respect yourself. And if you respect yourself, then you Must respect your Lover. Otherwise, it is a Lose - Lose situation.Make it a Win-Win situation. But Do Not Lie....you can not win that way.If they can not accept you as you are...then you are better off walking away.Do Not Lie.

[SIZE=4]I would say yes you must tell her. I've been married for 40yrs and I didn't tell my wife and to cut a long story short she caught me wearing her bra, girdle and nylons. Everything turned out o/k with no hassle but I was the exeption not the rule. The only thing I can say in my defence is that in 1966 you didn't tell anyone.[/SIZE]

Truth is Love
    If you love her, be truthful each and everyday.
    You can not build a life on un truths
    All my Love Seven

Duh!

Like, I can't believe anyone would ask this question. You should, like, SO tell her, because marriages are built on trust.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    The "textbook" answer is that you should tell her. Otherwise, you indicate a lack of trust. But I'd caution you to first know, or at least have a good idea of what her reaction will be to the revelation. She might accept it, tolerate it, or question it. She might also be terrified by it. Call off the wedding, and tell everyone that that she "can't marry a cross dressing freak." Not so good. Sorry, I've seen too many couples, those who were dating, engaged, or married, viciously turn on each other over seemingly trivial things. I have also seen weddings called off, as late as the day of the ceremony for reasons that add up to no more than “just because.”

Ronald Reagan once said, regarding the Russians "Trust, but verify." Good advice that I would borrow and paraphrase as "Trust, but protect yourself, too." Try and feel out her feelings on crossdressing. Maybe by seeing a movie where a character is a crossdresser and ask "What do you think of that?" If she reacts as if you just handed her a scorpion, take some time to think.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole.

absolutely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Aileen
    I'm not planning on getting married ever, but just as a general rule, should you tell your fiance before getting married?
    well i feel that now a days it would be good to tell her...maybe way back when it wouldnt have been....hmmmmmmm

Yes.

Platinum Member
    if i had it to do over yes i would ....most def... i would have....

Hello All,
    Glad this subject came up as I am new here. I most defenately am not a full time CD, as TIME is what I have a lack of, nor would thae town I live in EVER accept me..this I am sure about. I have been married about 9 years and god I wish I had told her before we tied the knot. The main reason I do not tell her now?= I AM afraid of losing her, because I believe that she does trust me. Maybe she shouldnt trust me after all this time. This COULD be a HUGE blow to an otherwise great relationship, If I tell her.
    On the other hand I have concidered spilling this out to her, AND I think that I may have been caught around 5 years ago, but still as yet do not know for sure. Any advice from others about my situation would be much appreciated.
    To feel more freedom would be a blessing.
    Huggs!

MY ONE DESIRE IS ?. joannejoanne's Avatar
    Definately YES. I have been crossdressing for 35 years now and have been married for 32 of them. I told my wife on our second date and despite the initial tears she fully accepted and supported my desire. I say desire because i have never looked upon it as a fetish or anything else.

I'm sure I'll tell her if I ever date somebody seriously enough to think we might get married, but I don't think I'll ever get to that. I shy away from getting too serious, probably out of fear of being discovered.

I think that if you have the capacity to reason, then you simply have to tell her, before you marry her.

Marriage is about trust. Trust is built on truth. Truth forbids ommissions of this magnitude.

Better to find out now that she is not the one for you, than to have children later, when your entire life implodes. If she reacts badly now, you cut your losses and move on. If you wait, your "investment" is much greater, i.e. you have so much more to lose.

The only excusable secretive behavior is to not spring this on her during your first few encounters. Let her create enough investment in you that she will actually listen to you when you offer to explain.

Easy for me to say... I told my girlfriend 15 months before we married, and that was a few decades ago. I might dread having to do it all over again.

Do it!

Hugs,

Bernice

Let look at it this way, My Avatar is what I wish I was born, and if I did not write (Photo not of me) my sisters would then think that it is me.

Once anyone starts with that miss understanding, and you go along that line, you are only fooling yourself. If I love my sisters I must be truthful and always be clean to myself and them.

It's the fear of loss, will that person go from me once I tell them ?, is it best right from the start, or just go on fooling yourself and one day the pain will come.

My Love Seven XXXXXXXXXX

It is very important to tell them. I told my wife before we got married all the usual questions came up (do you want to be a woman are you gay) but since it was early in the relationship we were able to discuss it and come to terms now she is fully supportive.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Red face i did

Quote Originally Posted by Aileen
    I'm not planning on getting married ever, but just as a general rule, should you tell your fiance before getting married?
    Hi Aileen yes i did and luckly for me she was very understanding.
    anne.