Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen GG`s wearing "your" clothes?

Have you seen GG`s wearing "your" clothes?

What I mean is, have you been out and about and seen GG`s you don`t know, wearing the same clothes you have and how does it make you feel?

It`s happened to me a few times over the years but more and more recently as I have started to get my figure back (somewhat) and I have been shopping just before each new season starts when the latest fasions come out at my local BigW, Kmart and Venture stores. I`m trying to dress in the styles that are popular and that I could imagine being seen in public wearing.

It`s nearly always a huge buzz for me to see a girl in the same skirt or top, although I havn`t seen anyone wearing the exact same combination. I always check them out thoroughly to see what else they are wearing, shoes,
    accesories, jewelry, hairstyles. It`s such a pleasing feeling like getting aproval that I have made a good choice of clothes.

Of course I am envious that they look so much better than me, (sometimes ) or that they have wonderfull cleavage

I did say "nearly always a huge buzz" because some years ago I saw a lovely girl wearing a long, black and floral, satiny skirt I did have with a tight, brown cardigan similar to mine and I felt deeply saddened because she looked just like the kind of girl I wanted to fall in love with and usually myself try to emulate.

Alison.

As I buy most of my clothes at Marks & Spencer, here in the UK, I sometimes see a GG with the same top or skirt on as I have.

However, I did see one once with the top and skirt combination that I wear ... I have to say she looked better than me!.. The attached picture relates to this.

I was watching one of those improve your image programs on the TV, one of dress combinations chosen for them was the same as one of my dresses...I will take that as some sort of compliment!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sally...xx

My flickr pages

Ah! yes Sally, that reminds me,
    I saw a morning TV shopping show where a presenter was wearing my pink poncho and I was so wrapped! "shes wearing my top!" I took lessons as well, a black cami singlet underneath with jeans.

lovely pic btw

Okay, I know this was directed at the cd's on list...but I just wanted to say that I actually have an opposite reaction when I see a woman wearing something I have. I hate that I bought something that was not unique. I almost vow to go home and bleach it or rip it or do something so as not to look like a clone of some other mass-market shopper. I then wish I had the know how to make my own clothing and operate the sewing machine that has been gathering dust in my spare room.

I have a HUGE fascination with feminine sweaters and it is a highlite of my day if I see a beautiful GG wearing the same type of sweater that I would wear in an instant, or have bought in the past.
    P.S. to Sally I LOVE your white sweater!

I suppose it doesn't count if you buy something online? You nearly always see a picture of the model wearing the dress before you buy it.

Here's an example of It definitely looks better on her.

I bought a pair of brown courts from M&S on Friday went out with the SO and she chose and bought the same shoes on Saturday. They look better on me though!

Lyn x

Confused!

Which one is the model?
    for today and tomorrow
    [SIZE="4"]Jilly[/SIZE]

This morning... I stopped at the convience store and there she was, wearing my exact outfit. I was outraged. But she did look adorable in my outfit.

Jennaie :be:

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison Anderson
    It`s nearly always a huge buzz for me to see a girl in the same skirt or top, although I havn`t seen anyone wearing the exact same combination.
    Alison.
    Happened once, and my reaction was just like yours. Knowing that they're femme clothes by seeing them in the store is one thing, knowing that they're femme clothes by actually seeing them on a gg is something else again, to me
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Quote Originally Posted by jillinla
    Confused!

Which one is the model?
    Oh, fine! Now you've insulted her! Come back!

I dunno about tops, but I do see a lot of girls in my school wear the same Angels and GLO jeans that I get from Kohls. It definitely does get me excited inside when I see it.
    [SIZE="1"]i just wanna DANCE.

myspace[/SIZE]

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    The opposite happened to my wife! Our support group has a clothing exchange every once in a while and we both took some stuff in to trade or give away. Marge was quite surprised at the next meeting when one of the TSs had on a sweater and blouse she had donated. I have to say that the outfit looked pretty good on her!

Sharifemme

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Anderson
    What I mean is, have you been out and about and seen GG`s you don`t know, wearing the same clothes you have and how does it make you feel?

It`s happened to me a few times over the years but more and more recently as I have started to get my figure back (somewhat) and I have been shopping just before each new season starts when the latest fasions come out at my local BigW, Kmart and Venture stores. I`m trying to dress in the styles that are popular and that I could imagine being seen in public wearing.

It`s nearly always a huge buzz for me to see a girl in the same skirt or top, although I havn`t seen anyone wearing the exact same combination. I always check them out thoroughly to see what else they are wearing, shoes,
    accesories, jewelry, hairstyles. It`s such a pleasing feeling like getting aproval that I have made a good choice of clothes.

Of course I am envious that they look so much better than me, (sometimes ) or that they have wonderfull cleavage

I did say "nearly always a huge buzz" because some years ago I saw a lovely girl wearing a long, black and floral, satiny skirt I did have with a tight, brown cardigan similar to mine and I felt deeply saddened because she looked just like the kind of girl I wanted to fall in love with and usually myself try to emulate.

Alison.

Aspiring Member

clothes

I have seen GGs in the same jeans I have. I bougbht them at Wal-mart so they are pretty common. I wore mine out to run some errands today. No one noticed they were GG jeans!
    I would like to see a GG wearing some of the skirts or dresses I have, that would be exciting.
    Michelle

Looking for friends Karen Edmonton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aileen
    I suppose it doesn't count if you buy something online? You nearly always see a picture of the model wearing the dress before you buy it.

Here's an example of It definitely looks better on her.
    DON'T sell yourself short !!! You look beautiful in that dress !!!!
    This girl just wants to have fun !!!

It nearly got me into trouble ...
    A GG at work was wearing a skirt ... and before I knew it I blurted "I've got one like that" .. fortunately, they thought I was joking ,,,,

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josi
    It nearly got me into trouble ...
    A GG at work was wearing a skirt ... and before I knew it I blurted "I've got one like that" .. fortunately, they thought I was joking ,,,,
    Thats hilarious!!! I have almost done that. I did see a girl wearing the same coat that I have a few weeks ago. Normally I hate when somebody has the same jacket/coat as me, but this was different. I giggled to myself at that one.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Josi, that`s so funny! I have nearly done the same thing.
    At my last work xmas party, a girl was wearing my brown, satin, crinkle singlet top. I was just bursting inside to tell someone but of course I couldn`t. I just wish I could have touched her (politely!)
    She was wearing white jeans and lucky girl, no bra straps showing. Now I wear mine always with a white skirt, still trying to find the jeans or white pants.

Aileen, lovely dress, you could just as well have been the model
    Last edited by Alison Anderson; 03-28-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Do wigs count?

There was one style I wore regularly, that was popular a few years ago in the area I lived in (Noriko Violet). In fact, the style I wore looked good on everyone and was flying off the heads. Well, the place I bought my wigs back east was also a nail salon, so one day I was getting my nails done. One of the other salon's customer (a GG) came in, wearing the same wig I had on, in almost the same color. It was a humorous moment.

Sirena
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

St. Louis, MO, USA, EARTH, Milky Way, Universe #993488228992
    Yea, this has happened to me. I have an old navy ultra low rise stretch coronary pair of jeans (these are not recommended by the way: very small pockets). A lady ahead of me in the line at McDonlds had the same exact pair.

I remember that I liked seeing them on a women.

Ah-May-Lee
    Oh My, I have to agree with Kathy. I get angry if I see a GG(or T-girl) wearing the same outfit. But I don't go and rip my dress apart, I rip the other Gg's dress apart.
    Now I sew my clothes..
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Amelie, that's cause you're bad. That can't be fixed
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

I have seen (probably we all have) this nasty reaction from GG`s (not quite the physical attack)
    Coming from the fairer and supposedly more compassionate sex, I find a bit of dissapointment in the bitchy reaction. Maybe just don`t understand it? I might feel envious, but never angry about it.
    If I meet a male friend wearing the same shirt it`s funny, more like "cool bud, hey, wer`e in a club!"

Alison, Re: the bitchy reaction. I have witnessed two women show up at the same dressy cocktail reception wearing the same highend designer dress, each thinking that hers was an original. The scene wasn't pretty.

Jodi

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    I have on several occasions seen women with the same purse I'm carrying (I carry one all the time.)

A few times, they have looked over at me - looked a my bag - looked at their bag - looked at my bag - looked at me - etc... - until one of us walks away.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]