Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How tall are you?

I love to dress gurly!!!!

How tall are you?

I was thinking as I was reading many of the posts over the last week and wondered "How tall are each of you?" So many of you have been out, some worried about being "spotted" and others have passed without a problem. Those of you who have passed, how tall are you and does it affect your passability?
    I am 6'3". My passability is already at risk and when you add heels, OOOOOOOHHHHHHH MMMMMMMYYYYYYY IS SHE TALL!!!!!
    I would love to hear about going out at my size and do you worry when you do?
    I have been out on rare occasions either in a car or in areas where there is no one around. I could never go out in my home town, too recognizable. Other cities might be another story if I could be around like company.
    Just curious, nothing earth shattering. If I never go out again, that's alright. I love being en femme as an expression of myself. It's fun and I love the feeling.
    I am what I am, but crap, why can't I be lke her!
    Sabrina

Over the years I have seen many tall women. what really impressed me about some of them is not how tall they were, but how they carried themselves. Some tried to hide thier height, oooh, they looked awful. Some stood proudly erect, wore high heels and looked astounding. I'm jealous at 5'8"

I know what you mean by being tall. I am 6'1" but very slinder at 155#. I my self have went out for the first time. I had a blast had one gentleman just about sweeped me off of my feet. So many GG's are tall these daysit's almost the norm.

I'm 6'1" without heels...tonight is my first night out...I'll let you know how it goes.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Two girls ...and a guy

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    There are more tall GG's than you'd think, college basketball and the WNBA are full of them, but they must get looks just like a really tall male would. I remember sitting on a bus with a male basketball player and just being astonished at how long his legs were.

My favorite NFL head coach has two daughters who are playing college basketball.

I've long thought there are a disproportionate number of very tall males who crossdress and I've puzzled over that from time to time.

I'm 5' 7", that's about the only advantage I've got going into this CD thing.

A lot of you tall gurls look really good, but I'm sure it does complicate the matter of "passing" if that's what you're trying to do.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

freshman member elizabeth nicole's Avatar
    only 5foot 8inches but at 175 a little heavy..in heels almost six foot.only way i will get to be that tall.as far as going out in west texas why worry no body out there past dfw!!!!! hahaha just a joke
    [SIZE="3"]ELIZABETH NICOLE[/SIZE] eat drink and be Mary cause its better than being Gary.

tall ?

Iam 6'2" tall and when I wear heels they are at least 3" heels, have been out many times. I feel good when I am out and do not care how tall I really am, in fact I really do not think abou being so tall. Have to pay attention when walking in heels so i do not FALL !!!

about 5'10 with out heels!!

Im just under 6 ft without heels,,its my broad shoulders that I worry about most tho,, oh yea,, and huge hands,,, for those GG's out there you know what that means,,, ,, yep I got big feet too
    One of my best CD friends Stef,, is 6 ft 4 with no heels,, and she has worn some realy high ones while we have been out. Yes she gets noticed, but then we are usualy at some TG friendly hangouts so I just try and look cute and strech some LOL
    I do look at tall girls all the time,, see how they dress, flats or heels,etc, , maybe thats one reason I love to do the grocery shopping,, am I a fashon stalker ???*S*
    Cindy

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    I'm 5'9" when barefoot.

I love 4"+ heels so I'm often 6'+ when dressed. As a big girl (~300 lbs) I like to think that I look more proportional with some extra height even if my SO calls me a linebacker in a dress sometimes. hahahahaha

Luckily out here in Cali there are a lot of tall GG's so I'll fit in a bit better once I get out of the house.
    Last edited by Ellie; 03-29-2006 at 07:56 PM.

This begs for a poll post.
    I'm almost 5'6" soaking wet.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I am 5' 10" barefoot, I have a neice who is 6'2", I feel like a shorty beside her. :cheeky:
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Too Tall

I envy you all. I am 6'4" so passing is out of the question - especially in heels.
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

I'm 6'8" without heels.

I'm about 5' 6" (167.64 cm) and 162 lbs ( 73.63 kg)

I hate my shoulders and belly. I always felt short/tiny at Tri-Ess meetings but feel like an huge fat ogre next to GW's/FAB's

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I love to dress gurly!!!!
    Ashleigh, I'm right there with you. I feel so out of place in heels being 6'3".
    I will continue to go out to areas where no one is around or just get in my car and drive around for awhile.
    Sabrina

I am 6.1+ My daughter is 6feet tall. I met cd s in New Orleans who were at least as tall as me. It would be easier to pass if I were 3 or 4 inches shorter, but, I dont go out, so its not an issue. I yam who I yam. Popeye the Sailor maam.

Quote Originally Posted by Keely
    This begs for a poll post.
    I'm almost 5'6" soaking wet.
    I have never measured myself soaking wet. Will I get taller or shorter?

One things for sure, I know I will get cleaner.

Jennaie :be:

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit
    I'm about 5' 6" (167.64 cm) and 162 lbs ( 73.63 kg)

I hate my shoulders and belly. I always felt short/tiny at Tri-Ess meetings but feel like an huge fat ogre next to GW's/FAB's

Veronica
    Ogre? I thought you had to be at least 8 feet tall to qualify as an ogre.

Jennaie :be:

TooTall

[SIZE="3"]Anyone remember Ed "Too Tall" Jones from the Dallas Cowboy's better days? Oops, off topic. Wouldn't take for my height for the male mode. I'm 6' 2" w/o heels and I prefer 4-5" heels but, like another poster to this thread, I do need to be careful and not fall on someone and hurt them. I hate to rain on every tall gurl's parade (including my own) but I never miss an opportunity to try and get close enough to any especially tall looking gg to compare our heights. That exercise always brings me back to the real world in terms of my height. I've yet to stand next to one that was as tall as myself (and that's w/o heels). [/SIZE]

My SO is about the same height as me at 6' and a bit. She towers above me in her heels (when I'm in guy mode) but nobody has ever mistaken her for a CD-er..well..hardly ever

When I was thirteen I was five four the same as my sister, well you kinda guessed what I was doing then. Now six foot (crap) but I don't need to pass just do it in style and with a lot of class.

i'm almost 6'2

i really really would love to pass better but im so (@$*&(#$(# tall..

i like to go out and adventure but i feel like a freak ...i still love to do it...and i cant stop!!! but i am very touchy about my height...

oh yeah 3" heels dont help!!! LOL

I'm 5'10" and always feel tooooo tall. I always tell myself that Tyra Banks is 5'10" too. Doesn't make me feel much better. No one calls her sir! When going out I keep the heels under 2" and mostly wear flats. I'm always enveous of the girls in 4" heels that are still a reasonable height, but heck they all want to look like Tyra Banks!

Oh well!

Tori
    [tori-e] Victoria Escher
    Victoria Escher TG Website

5'6" in stocking feet.

One advantage to getting older . . . you start shrinking!

Regards,
    Leigh