Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your wife/partner supportive of your fem side?

Banned Read only Vicky_Scotland's Avatar

Is your wife/partner supportive of your fem side?

I suppose as spouses/partners are individuals, their opinions on crossdressing husbands/partners range from one end of the scale to the other. Some will be repulsed by it and leave but at the other end some will embrace it and this makes the relationship stronger and then there are those somewhere in the middle.

I am one of the lucky ones I would admit because my wife knows about Vicky and is very supportive and supports her 100%. There are guidelines and borders when it comes to my dressing and this is totally acceptable as I respect my wife and her wishes.

I can dress when i wish as long as the kids are away. I have my own wardrobe and make-up etc etc. She buys me lots of nice things. I am blessed having this woman as my wife.

I can never expect her to understand why I dress because I do not understand why I do but what i do know is that there is nothing I can do about it. IMO I was born a cd and had no choice in the matter like I had no choice in how tall I would grow, what colour eyes I would have, what colour hair I would have etc. This is who I am.

I do not know if this has any bearing on how my wife has accepted my other side but as well as being husband and wife we are also best friends. When I told that I xdressed and this was about into 10 years of marriage, after a lot of talking and tears, the usual questions like are you gay, is it something i have done she told me something wonderful. She said " if this is who you are thats fine, I love you for you". I think she was more annoyed that I had not told her years ago more rather than me being a xdresser.

I was risking everything, my marriage and my kid's but I got to a point where I was getting depressed because I was tired of sneaking around hiding who I really was. It was like having an affair but the other other woman was me. Covering my tracks and making sure things were put back properly etc.

Anyways I better get on now but again I will say this. I am very lucky to be in the position I am in and everyday I thank my lucky stars I have this wonderful human being as my wife and my best friend.

Luv :GE:

Vicky xx

Sister I also am blessed with a most beloved Lady in my life, I am blessed having this lady in my life Sister your words. I have the best, so, so with me.
    we have rules also, but she looks at it this way, she has got a better man, IE more melow nice to live with. Years ago I must give much thanks to a Grand Lady named janett Scott, Years ago Janett helped my wife and i come to understand whats going on. Some of you may have meet Janett http://www.beaumontsociety.org.uk/president.html I have a lot to thank her for (Janett Scott) and we are still friends to day. It is always hard to come out with new folks like yourselfs, bit at a time, My true name dressed is Diana and Janett, Jean thats my wife, have had some great Sundays at her home Luton UK, but that was a long time ago, and I have just come back after a long time. Anyway thats not what Sister is asking on this thred. I have a true a great wife she is the Sorry for going on, forgive me.

XXXXXXXXXX Seven

Unhappy Not

I am one of the unfortunate ones that has a wife that isn't supportive at all It is her loss trust me.

Any Time

Janet loved the post please get on your soap box any time. There are so many intelegent people here I can't begin to hold a candle to them but Joy is so much happier being here and reading the posts I just wish I could get my true feeling into words.

Love and Respect Joy Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter
    Janet loved the post please get on your soap box any time. There are so many intelegent people here I can't begin to hold a candle to them but Joy is so much happier being here and reading the posts I just wish I could get my true feeling into words.
    AMEN to that. I am exactly the same in that respect. Not one of the most educated ones here. And definitly have a hard time getting my thoughts and words to push the right letters on the keyboard. Not being a very good typer doesn't help either.

Anyway. My wife knows about Raychel, and accepts both sides of me. She does go shopping with me at times. And even though she is acepting to this point she has no desire to see me dressed and will not participate in any way. Which is totally fine with me. She is a great woman in my mind for even accepting as much as she has. i love her very much and she says the she loves me too. I guess that must really be the case, becasue when I told her about Raychel, Although it was a very difficult time for both of us. We got thru it and she did not go running.

So as far as I am concerened any woman that accepts at all must be cherished and loved with all your heart. Pamper them all you can. They are the best.

Raychel
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

So as far as I am concerened any woman that accepts at all must be cherished and loved with all your heart. Pamper them all you can. They are the best.

Raychel[/QUOTE]

So, So, So, Right Sister

I'm a VERY lucky girl...my wife totally supports me...and I NEVER forget it.!!!!
    Nikki. x

GypsyKaren
    Not only does Kat support Karen, she embraces her. I know I'm a very lucky girl, so I make sure she gets breakfast in bed all the time.

Karen

From a gg's point of view i would like to add something....i think any crossdresser who has a supportive partner, should ALWAY appreciate what they have. However....

Please bare in mind that just because we are supportive, we have our boundaries....we have our limits on what, when and how we can accept it.

Those who push the boundaries cant possibly understand how lucky they are in the first place.

For those without partners....keep looking cos the right one is out there....took me a long time to find Lisa, but oh boy it was worth the effort...

I would also like to add for a personal perpective that being with Lisa has taught me so much about myself, in a way that is very difficult to put into words. Maybe some other GG's could help out with that bit, im sure they know what i mean....

anyway, take care everyone and love to all....

cheery
    xx
    [SIZE="4"]The pleasure you get from life is equal to the attitude you put into it.[/SIZE]

I told my then girlfriend who became my wife, (now my ex-wife), that I was a CD and she accepted the fact, we would have split up if she had objected. She was quite at ease with my wearing panties instead of male underpants and indeed we shared our knickers as we took the same size and liked the same styles. Often we would go out wearing identical panties.

As regards my wearing skirts etc indoors I would say she "tolerated" this. A pleated or A line skirt was acceptable but she would have baulked at a pretty dress of the type worn by our US poster "Butterfly Bill" as case in point.

As a rule of thumb of the girlfriends I have had and who have accepted my CD side they have all accepted my wearing panties, and as regards any further CD activities have tolerated these as long as I didn't appear more feminine than them. As I am primarily a fetishistic crossdresser and not one who feels the need to accurately portray a woman, this is not too much of a problem.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Banned Read only Vicky_Scotland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheery GG
    From a gg's point of view i would like to add something....i think any crossdresser who has a supportive partner, should ALWAY appreciate what they have. However....

Please bare in mind that just because we are supportive, we have our boundaries....we have our limits on what, when and how we can accept it.
    Those who push the boundaries cant possibly understand how lucky they are in the first place.

For those without partners....keep looking cos the right one is out there....took me a long time to find Lisa, but oh boy it was worth the effort...

I would also like to add for a personal perpective that being with Lisa has taught me so much about myself, in a way that is very difficult to put into words. Maybe some other GG's could help out with that bit, im sure they know what i mean....

cheery
    xx

"I am one of the lucky ones I would admit because my wife knows about Vicky and is very supportive and supports her 100%. There are guidelines and borders when it comes to my dressing and this is totally acceptable as I respect my wife and her wishes".

^^^^^^^^^ Taken from my original post.

I have a Very Supportive wife:
    She has known about my Femme Side/Crossdressing since forever......
    She does a lot of shopping for me, we do lot's of girl things together.
    We are able to talk about things easier and argue much less than most couples.................
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

Hello, My girlfriend supports me 100%, she says that I am a better person now that I am my true self, she also says that being fem has made me alot more understanding and a better lover!!!!! Luvs kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I have a very supportive wife and I'm very thankful for that. I'll always ask if it's OK for me to dress and thank her afterwards for giving me some time. She doesn't want me to go out (which I'm fine with) or to pick a female name (again, I'm OK with that...I'm a dude in a skirt, not a woman in a mans body) but other than that she's fine with it. I hinted to her I'd like to have her take pictures sometime but she will when she's ready. I'm not about to cross any lines and ruin what we have. It's about respect on both sides for us.

Is My Wife Supportive?

The short answer............NO NO NO.

Congradulations to all who have a supporting SO.
    It shows in your posts that you are more than just thankful.
    [SIZE=3]Catrina [/SIZE][SIZE=1]xxx[/SIZE]

Is your wife/partner supportive of your fem side?
    Well, she knows, but nope, she's not supportive of it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

My SO Annie is amazing.
    Before we met just over a year ago, she had never encountered CD in her life.
    She is brave, generous and kind. ... oh and open!

She has my respect and love for who she is - not just for what she does.

I am sooooo lucky .. I know that.

I will gush if I say anymore ..... I am beaming as I write, because I am sitting near her and looking at her feeling a love unknown to me before.

The man in me is so proud to be her SO. I like being her man.
    My femme side is grateful for the opportunity to exist and be encouraged and supported in the real world.

I had better stop before you ask for the bucket ..

I have a Very Supportive wife she knows and sometime she help me dress and she is starting to help me more and more as long as I keep in the house in our room

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery GG

cheery
    xx
    I have to agree with Cheery

I am one of the lucky girls as my wife is supportive but I have to respect the boundaries that we have agreed on.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

My wife accepts my CDing, but she's not real supportive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lightbulb

I thought that my wife supported to me, but soon when I presented in femme she rejected to me.No longer it supports me.

The only way that she is (unknowingly supportive ) is by leaving her side of the closet unlocked, tee hee hee, and......
    not caring if I've been through her underwear drawer,
    ( she thinks I'm putting her clean laundry away )
    but actually, I have nicer panties than her!

Aspiring Member

SO Support

My wife does not know. If she did she probably would not leave me but she wouldn't be happy about it and I doubt she would want to see me or participate in any way. For those that have supporting SOs,Lucky you!
    Michelle

Unhappy

My wife knows but is not supportive she has allowed me to keep the cloths she know that i have but i still have more that she does not know about. she keeps telling i need to throw the cloths and shoes away but just can't do it. i am trying to respect her wishes but this is something i just don't know how to stop doing believe i have tried.

My girlfriend has known for 10 years, well since i met her, supportive? lol more chance of our troops being pulled out of Iraq tomoz. Quite simply she does not understand, she ends up looking at god knows what websites and thinks she understands and she don't. Oh well, like was mentioned earlier, her loss.

Hugs,

Angelina