Thread: Starting late in life

Starting late in life

I always thought every crossdresser started as a young boy. Did anyone here start late in life, say after forty? What prompted you to start? Did you never give it a thought before?

I'm a late bloomer. Didn't start dressing until after my divorce. I had a very brief experimentation with stockings in my 20s, then went ages without a thought of it. In hindsight though, I can trace signs of some feminine urges and exhibitionism back to childhood, with little blips of passive interest on the screen in ensuing years.

I bought a few items of clothing after the divorce to wear at home, but that quickly escalated into a desire to go out. But it was the internet that truly opened my eyes ...

Thanks Aileen for opening this thread and sherri for answering.
    Though I am a early starter, I often had this question in mind lately. I find it especially interessting if there are memeories of the childhood and what they are about.
    I'd think there have to be some ... but what do I know.

I didn't start until my mid 30's but I DO remember wearing my sisters white, knee high go-go boots when I was about 8. I'm not even sure what prompted me to start come to think of it. Trying on a few of the wifes things and trying lipstick for the first time was very exciting and it just went from there.
    One Halloween my wife was asking if we were going to dress up that night and I said I didn't have anything to wear. She suggested her wedding dress and I went along. At this point I had thought of crossdressing but didn't think I'd ever follow up with it. It turns out I LOVED it and couldn't sleep for 2 nights as I thought of a way to gently ask if it did anything for her seeing me dressed. Not really but it was a new beginning for me. She's still not totally into it but she see's that I'm happy doing it occasionally and she's very supportive (helping with makeup, buying clothes, suggestions etc). If I had been into it earlier in life, I'm not sure how that would have went down. I couldn't be happier how everything has turned out so far.

I wasted the first 60 years of my life denying my inner self. Not until after my divorce did I take time to look at myself, and discovered that I had gender issues. I had previously never even contemplated crossdressing, although I knew from childhood that I was not "as other men" and hated my male body. But, once acknowledged, Natalie took over, and I am now happier than at any time before. I know who I truly am, at last.
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I am a late bloomer as well.
    I had the desire to dress since my early teens. I was living on my own in an apartment in a large city in my 30's and 40's and still did not get the courage or confidence to dress even though i had the urge. At that time I was in a group that wore kilts, so i guess that partially served my needs, as when wearing the kilt, i felt like i was wearing a skirt.
    I did not really get into dressing till my late 50's and was not till my early to mid 60's that i got the courage and confidence to fully dress.
    It was only last year that I went out fully dressed including wearing a skirt for the first time, and now I am hooked on it, and fully dress as much as i can
    I find that dressing and particularily wearing a nice skirt is relaxing for me, and I am happier now than I have been for a long time

Denise

Started last summer

I started only last summer at age 56. I never had the desire in my life and never wore women's clothes. I have always been a late comer to things, so this is nothing new. I always kept things inside. I always felt that I was different and consider myself somewhat eccentric.

One day last June, I got the urge to put on my wife's dress. I have been hooked ever since. It's been a beautiful ride. My wife knows that I dress, though she doesn't approve. I told her that CDing is a part of my life. The funny thing is that I feel no shame or guilt about it.

GENNEE
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aileen
    I always thought every crossdresser started as a young boy. Did anyone here start late in life, say after forty? What prompted you to start? Did you never give it a thought before?
    Thanks Aileen for starting such a popular thread for many of us. I have started late here just turning 50 yrs young. Always thought there was just something ....... the way I looked at the world ..... my feelings ...... Just felt it was something I needed to try again. My dressing has progressed slowly but It feels so natural now. Thanks to all of you being here for me and now I do not feel so alone..... Jolene

Nice pic