Thread: Halloween, the CD's National Holiday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A "Free Pass"

Not meant to be a play on words but Halloween is not only the time of year for the "free pass" for dressing but it's also the time to get a makeover in the department stores without having to totally expose your year round dressing. I was first made aware of this by a girl at the makeup counter in the Dillard's store in Wichita Falls. She said that was their busy time of the year for m-f makeovers. She also hinted that she knew that some who came in might just have some inclination toward CDing the remainder of the year as well.

I don't get out very often but every haloween I get out. Not just to parties or clubs but I get around town shopping and having dinner. It is one time we can dress as we like with nobody giving us any crap.

nervous

I just want to add to the discussion. When you were dressed during Halloween did you feel overly nervous? I.E. Don’t go “all out” or you may be seen as “different”? I know that a longgggggg time ago (before I was out) I would not even entertain the idea of going enfem. I thought people would be able to see that I put a LITTLE TOO MUCH effort into my costume. Can anyone relate? Thanks, Love. R.

I've gone trick-or-treating en femme before, as well as giving out candy at my apartment that way when they had-trick-or treating for the kids, but I've never CD'd for work on Halloween. We usually have costume contests, and the temptation's always been there, but I've never gone through with it. Like rachealgirl said, I'd be afraid people would think I did a little bit TOO good a job with make-up, nails, etc.. On top of that, people would know there's no way in hell that's my first time to walk in 5" heels!

As a word of encouragement, the worst thing thing that happened to me on Halloween was when one of the guys I worked with made a remark along the lines of, Well, Ill be damned, a Drag Queen." Other than that everyone was very accepting and got lots of laughs out of it. If you don't mind being laughed at now and then, then by all means, dress to the max and go out on Halloween. It is a wonderful way to satisfy the urge to go out and will go a long wasy toward building courage to "outing" yourself.

My wife suggested me going dressed up as a woman last halloween. Well let me tell you ever since then I dress every opportunity I get, and she has been wonderful about it. In fact she has since bought me panties that I wear daily now. This does not mention the hundreds of dollars spent on my own buying clothes that feel ohhhhhhhhhh so comfortable to wear. I always knew there was something there but something also told me that if I did, it would be a road that had no turn-a-round once traveled. Not only did last halloween open the door for CD'ing it also has done wonders for releasing someone that has been dying to get out for so many years. Someone I always had an inkling(sp) was there but never acted on, until now. I am so thankful, and wonderfully comfortable with. I can honestly say I have found the part of me that has been bottled up for 41 years. I am so happy and at peace now I cant begin to explain.

Dressing up on halloween was always a thorn in my side because of my untold wanting to dress as a woman and total fear of what might be said. Now that I have done it, I cant wait until next year. As I am sure now that my wife has taken active participation I will have an absolute knockout outfit for next year. Until then I guess we will have to experiment with what is correct. I just love experiments!!!!!!!!

My only fear at this point is that she tires of it or sees it as something not right because now that I know that this is who I am, I really dont think this is something I can stop. My only concern is where it will go from here, as I feel that I have now found the feminine part of me that is so part of me.

Thank you for this posting opportunity girls!!!

Wink A Holloween

I Dress Up Every Yr. For Holloween . The Outfit Change Year To Year With Or Without Group. I Go Out & Have Aball It Awsome Because We All Can Get A Way With It. One Yr I Went Out Has A Bride & Won ! I Say Be Who U Want To Be & Have Fun Doing It.