Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers that dont care, do you do this?

Crossdressers that dont care, do you do this?

Yesterday, I saw a crossdresser at a local store, she was dressed like most of the other females, jeans, blouse, earrings, wig, but no makeup, none. Of course it was quite obvious this was not a woman.

I understand and agree that we all have the right to dress as we wish and I applauded her for doing what she wanted. I could not do this.

Anyone else here do this in public stores, restaurants, movies, etc...

Jennaie :be:

Makeup !

She is missing out on one of the rights of passage. I have never gone out as of yet but that would be the area I would do my best on.

GypsyKaren
    Hi Jeanaie

I couldn't do it in a million years, no way. I consider myself to be female, I act female, so I'm going to present myself as female all the way.

Karen

AS you said it was obvious that she was not natural I beleave if going out then I have to look my best. Wig just right make up the same however it is her right to dress as she pleases as to choice of clothes mmm not very FEM.
    Perhaps she was looking for someone like you to say something and help her. I would.
    steph
    Spelling bad because the fairies make love on my keyboard.

It's all about confidence

Jennaie,
    It is all about how confident you are when you are out in public.
    I for one go out almost every day dressed in Jeans a blouse and little makeup. I have always look very much like a woman, its just my luck.
    I think she must have felt she blended in and was comfortable with the way she looked. I'm sure no one paid the least amount of attention to her. Only another CD would have noticed. And you apparently were not repulsed by her.
    Remember we are our own worst critic!
    Summer

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie100
    AS you said it was obvious that she was not natural I beleave if going out then I have to look my best. Wig just right make up the same however it is her right to dress as she pleases as to choice of clothes mmm not very FEM.
    Perhaps she was looking for someone like you to say something and help her. I would.
    steph
    hmmm... never. I never say a word when I recognize a crossdresser in public. I immediately turn my attention to something else so as not to make them uncomfortable. I smile at them as though I were saying, "hello", but then I go on about my business. I don't say anything to them because they might be shy about speaking with a female voice.

I don't know, perhaps I am wrong in doing this..

jennaie :be:

I agree with Summer. Confidence is important. How each crossdresser appears is going to differ. Crossdressers are most definitely like snowflakes: no two are ever alike.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    Yesterday, I saw a crossdresser at a local store, she was dressed like most of the other females, jeans, blouse, earrings, wig, but no makeup, none. Of course it was quite obvious this was not a woman.
    Is the issue here her lack of make-up? That make-up would have made her more 'passable'?

Please don't tell me that we're going to start in with the bullshit argument that those who 'pass' are somehow 'better' or more 'for real' about any this. :mad:

I certainly don't think the comment should be interpreted as "better" or "more real", and I suspect that that's exactly what jennaie did NOT mean. On the contrary, I understood her to be impressed that a CD was sufficiently self-confident in herself that she apparently felt no need to pass when in public. I view this as a level of positive self-identity that, honestly, I never expect to achieve.

For me (and, I suspect for most CDs), passing is a way to at least blunt - if not totally deaden - our sense of vulnerability to society's prejudices against CDs. That is, in hoping to pass I am hoping that in 95% of casual interactions I won't even get to a point where someone has to confront the issue of "Hey. This is a guy I am seeing. What do I do about it?" The day I go out in a dress but otherwise not concealing my male appearance is the day that I am saying to the world "This is how I am, and I am comfortable with it. How YOU choose to deal with it is YOUR issue."

Bravo to her, whomever she was.

Erica

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    Are you certain she wasn't wearing makeup? It's possible to be wearing it and not look like you are.

Perhaps she was going for the "natural face" look because a lot of women don't wear much makeup either.

Or perhaps she was a transitioning TS. Some TS's down want to be mistaken for CD's, so since they perceive that CD's dress up and wear dressy/heavy makeup, they dress down and don't wear much makeup

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Jennaie,

This subject can be a bit of a "hot potato". As you say, we all have the right to dress how we want to. Any man can openly wear women's clothes in public, it's not against the law. However, to my mind, dressing in women's clothes and then going further by wearing forms and a wig, but then not adding any make up, is something I would never do in public.

In my personal opinion, if I want to wear a pair of women's jeans and a cardigan sweater in guy mode that's one thing, but the moment my forms and wig go on, I couldn't possibly allow myself to go out the door without going the whole 9 yards. I would never have the confidence to do that.

This person is obviously very comfortable with themselves, they are a crossdresser, and they don't care who knows it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

transistions

Being someone who is in the early stages of her own transition I know that when I go out. nomater what I wear I want to look my best. Being as though I cant stands pants i only wears lond skirts and day dresses. So it makes it a little easier on me. I also find that only a few people make comments. I want to look good not just like a man in a dress.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Have seen many arguments about this

Have seen many argue that we should not care whether we pass or not because we should just be accepted as crossdressers.
    My feelings about this are that although I know I do get read sometimes, I most definately want to be seen as a woman, not as a guy in a dress when I go out. This is due to the fact that I have always wanted to BE a girl, not just dress as one.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

[SIZE="3"]No make-up ? I find its all part of being 'me'
    Even at home I still take the time to make up
    even if it's just for me
    [/SIZE]

I do this at times

I have gone out wearing womans shoes, knee highs, panties, bra, and a womans shrit, ear rings, so far I have not gotton a wig or make up. lack of money. for some no one cares. I do not care what others care how I look
    Ok I do care what my wife thinks

Missy

I often go out in public with eye makeup,light lipstick,perfume,a womans top and very pale nail polish;oh I also have a full beard and shoulder length hair.Once I have my weight loss surgery the beard will go.

I have seen lots of real women who do not wear make-up. Alas some TVs go OTT with it when dressed outdoors and are equally obviously not biological women to the observer.

To my mind this is part of the same issue as the idea held by some that TVs/CDs dress far better than "yer average woman", and as I have said before possibly comes from the idea of them wishing to adopt and project the appearance of the "Concept Woman" a stereotype they have in their mnd rather than what a real woman would look like in a comonplace situation such as going shoppping, at work, dropping the kids at school etc.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

MY ONE DESIRE IS ?. joannejoanne's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]It is really down to the individual has we are all slightly different. I myself would feel undressed without my makeup, but then i very often go without in doors makes it all the more special when i go out. [/SIZE]
    I WAS PUT ON EARTH TO BE EVERYONE'S

I have not gone into a public place (store or shopping). I would want to look like other females when I do that means makeup and colthing. But have gone out driving the car.

Heck I even wear a bit of makeup from time to time being out en drab. No...no way would I ever go out dressed and not wear makeup. I wouldn't feel right at all about that.

I do

When I first started going out alot I always wore make up. It was during this time that I was around alot of other cder's and I noticed that for some of us foundation makes our face look a tiny bit craggy.
    I decided to stop using and keep going out. It was amazing! I seemed to attracted alot less attention and was not noticed by anyone.
    There are many and maybe most, women that don't wear make up at all and when I'm around women like that I feel better than if I was all made up.
    Like many hear I like to dress to blend and it seems that would go for make-up too.
    Just my opinion
    Rikki
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

more to ad

I was thinking more about this and after reading the other comments thought I would say just a tiny bit more.
    In the bginning of going out passing and not being noticed and embarased was the of the utmost importance to me. I needed to feel safe and secure and the only way for me at that time was to try and pass.
    As I've been out more and more and more my understanding of cding and my relation to it has changed as well.
    I've come to think my self as an activist of sorts and every time I'm read as a man I feel like I have done a bit of education for the cause, so to speak.
    This only came about as my confidence grew and I learned how to be out in the world as a female presence. I learned that when people read me they why didn't get crazy and say things. Most of the time the just returned to what ever they we doing before the saw me.
    Sometime I may be seen as a gay man, sometimes as a femme straight man, sometimes as a transsexual... I have no idea really.
    I feel comfortable going out now wearing a skirt with sequins,
    tank top, scarf lots of jewelry, ( I make my own) and my hair clipped with a pretty barret of some sort. No breast forms and no make-up. So my clothing, shoes and jewelry and hair are ultra femme and the rest is well...the rest.
    It feels really liberating to come to this place. It gives me choics I didn't have before. I still like to put on make up sometimes and I still love wearing my breast forms to0. It all depends on how I feel and where I'm going.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Actually A Robot
    First of all, Erica - you're spot on! Well said. Different people like to look and feel different when they dress (I'm not just talking about CD's, etc. here; I mean everyone). There is no right nor wrong way to do anything. It's all about preference.

For example, not every CD wants to "pass" as a GG when they go out. Different strokes for different folks, right? Or myself, for instance, would never wear a wig. That's just not me. I like to "do" and style my own real hair. Of course, other people can feel completely different, and all the more power to you. Same thing goes for make-up, shaving your legs, types of clothes, the list can go on and on. Just be yourself, be confidant, and don't rag on others for being themselves (not that anyone here was, I'm just saying it).

We're all different. The first step is acceptance. Accaptance toward everybody, everything, everywhere.

I love you all.

During the day I often go out dressed in jeans, tee shirt and minimal makeup. The makeup I use is really designed to cover up the dark moustache area on the upper lip and the darkness around my eyes. For this I use a dab of concealer and a thin application of foundation. The idea is to look as though you are not wearing makeup. Instead of "passing" I prefer to think of it as looking "passable". In others words to the average muggle in the street I give the impression of being a slightly taller than average, bit masculine middle age woman. But hey, that is what I am. Look around you as walk the downtown streets during the day and see how many women are wearing obvious, heavy makeup: not many. If you want to fit in then you don't need the full Monty. In fact, that will make you stand out from the crowd: which is fine if that is what you want.
    Paula

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkicn
    I've come to think my self as an activist of sorts and every time I'm read as a man I feel like I have done a bit of education for the cause, so to speak.
    I'm inclined to think that the more folks get to know us as neighbors, friends, whatever, who aren't beasts, we're educating. We're never going to be accepted by everyone but I think we can get farther in the world than we are now. Your post resonates with me, Rikki.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."