Thread: Earring placement

Earring placement

Hi all:

I just wanted to say what a wonderful site. In the short I have been a member I have learned many new and important subjects.
    My question may be trival but I like things to be perfect (like Me !).
    I made the decison to have both of ears pierced but have been told by my GG friend ( sometimes a tart) that I should have my ears pierced off center closer to inner lobe.
    Her reason being, that if I want double piercing it would look better. I think one set will be fine for now, but if I decide to have two later how long will it take the piercing to close over so I can be repierced twice.

thanks for the support

Susan

I had my ears pierced in the center of my lobes when I was six years old. I have gone numerous years without wearing earrings and the holes never grew shut. I've heard that others grow shut after a few weeks. I pierced them both agian about 7 years ago and I just went went towards the back and up a little and I think they look fine.
    Kryten

Pierce them in the center. Reason being, dangling earrings fit better. If you go to high, they don't fit right at all.
    DonnaT

Thanks Donna, that's a good point I didnt think about. I always admired the way hoops look and had just been thinking about wearing that style.

Thanks Susan

Quote Originally Posted by newington938
    I made the decison to have both of ears pierced but have been told by my GG friend ( sometimes a tart) that I should have my ears pierced off center closer to inner lobe.

thanks for the support

Susan
    I would say to center the first one. When you want to get the second done, leave a pair of rings in the first holes so you can check the placement. if you use studs, you might get the new holes too far apart.

I had studs in my first holes when I had the seconds done initially. They were quite far part, so I took them out. I had the seconds re-done a few days later. Now I have four in each lobe, evenly spaced, relatively close together.
    -----

Sherri T

Proudly perched in my Patent High Heels

Its all personal preference. Mine are in the center of the lobe, but I don't plan an having a second piercing.

Kim

Once skin is healed (up to a year for an earing hole) it doesn't 'reheal'. That is, a scar doesn't go away later. If you stop wearing earings the hole, if healed, will never reseal; it can't, just like a scar from a cut doesn't 'go away'. A hole can get clogged though, and bleed whilst being unclogged, but it's not skin.
    Placement? I have no idea, interesting. Would you want 2 later? If so, why not have 2 now? Just whatever you want I think.

Take care

Thanks Gals,
    I decided just to go for it and have double piercings. I know in my heart that I would end up with more than one. My GG friend has two and I always liked the look of a hoop and stud on the same lobe, so if Im going to get s--t about it let it be one time.
    We will be going to a piercing studio where they will use a needle and not a gun.. Wish me luck

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by newington938
    Thanks Gals,
    I decided just to go for it and have double piercings. I know in my heart that I would end up with more than one. My GG friend has two and I always liked the look of a hoop and stud on the same lobe, so if Im going to get s--t about it let it be one time.
    We will be going to a piercing studio where they will use a needle and not a gun.. Wish me luck

Susan

Good choice. Why wait. You know you will get them done eventually. It gives lots more options.

If you ever remove the second ones, check the placement of the primary holes, so they don't look out of place. But from the distance, it doesn't really matter, just make it look good for yourself.
    -----

Sherri T

Proudly perched in my Patent High Heels

I went

Without an earing for many years and it has never closed.

As to placement I agree with whats been posted above, centered.

Susan

earing

i have not had an earing in in around ten years and today i got one through no problem, so the holes once there may never close. I would recommend placement to allow room for additional holes.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

I just had both ears pierced and only did one in each ear. I had them done in the center so that I can wear some dangly or hoops and they would look better. I talked with my wife and some others and they said they look better and feel better that way. They dont get in the way when your on the phone either. multiple piercings with studs higher up dont as well.

Rachel

Hi all: FYI, My Lobes now have Holes . Maybe I'll be trouble because of the double piercings but its my ears!!!
    I was up front with the piercer ( younger GG) so she used a smaller gage stud, flat faced. With a little makeup they are hardly noticed. The GG was great, she had a very rough outside, (numerious tats and piercings) but with a understanding that each of us is different.
    Once the holes healed I will need to"expand up" to normal size earring posts. I cant wait to start my earring collection!!

Thanks for all of the input,, this site is awesome!!

Susan